“Delicious Moroccan/Middle Eastern food with great vegetarian options” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemon Cafe - CLOSED

Lemon Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: WE'VE GONE FISHING :) We will be closed for this season, please visit our facebook page for updates. In the meantime we would like to welcome you to visit our sister properties in Provo - LEMON 2 GO SANDBAR FLOWERS BY ENVIRONMENTALARTS
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Moroccan/Middle Eastern food with great vegetarian options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This review is intended primarily for vegetarians but the omnivores sitting next to us were equally enthralled with their meal. My wife and I shared four vegetarian appetizers: a three bean salad, served on a bed of arugula with red peppers, feta cheese, and artichoke dressing, garnished with parsley; chickpea, date, and sweet corn fritters with a cucumber mint sauce; Indian-style veggie samosas; and an antipasto plate with hummus, baba ganoush, a red pepper, walnut and pomegranate tapenade, olives, and feta. Each appetizer was delicious but the three bean salad and the antipasto plate were the heroes: both thoughtfully prepared, beautifully flavored, and balanced. While the restaurant is located in a nondescript and unfinished development complex, the patio seating area is tastefully decorated with Moroccan lamps, warm red curtains and dark interior finishes. Service was attentive and unpretentious. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013

atlanta
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Kinda pricey and not on the beach. It's in some scary abandoned development. Food is good but overpriced for the quantity. I'm not a big eater but I was still hungry after the meal. Maybe if they offered bread at the table, I would have felt more satiated.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank drpaulAtlanta
East Wakefield, New Hampshire
“REALLY GREAT RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Liked everything. Sandra a fabulous waitress. Food was presented beautifully and delicious. Atmosphere very romantic. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2013
Boston
“Not what we remembered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had eaten at Lemon 3 years ago and were looking forward to the Middle Eastern inspired food served in a tapas style. Our visit last month was so disappointing. We arrived early in the evening and were seated. It was still daylight and all wrinkles in tablecloth were visible. The menu is very different from our visit 3 years ago. The menu is more traditional with several appetizers and entrees. The tapas style we remembered is gone. It was our first restaurant stop on our trip. We were asked if we wanted water and said, yes, not realizing that all water in is bottled and costs $6. The appetizers were not appealing to us so we did not order any. During our meal we were not served any bread. My wife had a skewer of saffron chicken which was a very small portion for the price. I chose the moussaka ($32) which was more like a pile spiced ground meat rather than layers of meat potatoes, eggplant and sauce. Overall the atmosphere and food was a big disappointment. The restaurant is surrounded by a large vacant lot that are the result of a real estate development that never happened. We walked to the restaurant and had to walk past the lot outside the restaurant that is strewn with dozens of beer cans and bottles. The food we had that night at was mediocre and not at all worth the money.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lewist
“Tucked away, sexy Moroccan atmosphere, great food, perfect date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

When we arrived, my super outgoing husband asked everyone we met about where to eat on the island. Coco Bistro was the recommendation from most of the concierge and resort staff, but several of the people that we met who live on the island or visit often suggested we try Lemon Cafe if we really appreciate good food.

Tucked away in a development across from our resort, The Sands, we were able to walk. Immediately as we settled in, we both said we could sit there all night. The atmosphere is sultry with pretty Moroccan lanterns, silky fabric draped ceilings and a low lit open air dining room. The menu is eclectic with a nice mix of choices that make it hard to choose just one. I seriously wanted to try one of every appetizer, but alas, we chose the corn fritters since my hubs doesn't like seafood (a travesty, I know!). The balance of sweet and spice with a cool cucumber mint dipping sauce set the stage for an outstanding meal.

I had the fish of the day, Wahoo, which I chose because I heard someone on our snorkeling trip say that they saw one earlier and I had never had it before. It was perfectly seasoned and paired with a delicious sweet mash, while my husband enjoyed jerk chicken kabobs. The Wahoo was a meaty mild fish, even my meat eating, seafood loathing husband tried it and liked it. Both dishes were pure examples of quality ingredients prepared simply and composed to complement and create a perfect meal! We will definitely recommend and come back!

My hubby also mentioned that it was the first place on the island we visited with a respectable beer list, for what it's worth.

Definitely check this place out on your visit if you enjoy rustic ambiance and can appreciate good food. As far as price goes, we spent a little more than some of the other restaurants we visited, but I will always be open to spending an extra 20 bucks for an outstanding experience! Totally worth it.

• Visited May 2013