Tripadvisor
Providenciales

“One of best meals ever had (twice)”
Review of Provence

Provence
Reserve a Table
Fri, 2/28
8:00 PM
Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Providenciales
Description: At Provence we are more than just a restaurant, here you can enjoy the very best in fresh produce and artisan style cuisine. Our familiar Crust bread and desserts are also served by our dedicated team. A unique Chef’s Table like no other in Providenciales, where you will be guided by our Chef to have a one of a kind dinner, a meal which is designed just for you. Come and indulge in traditional French Cuisine. Provence is the place to be, a new and exciting venue that will truly amaze you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We travel a decent amount and have had great dining experiences in many locations. However, Provence Restaurant, might be the best we have ever eaten at. I highly recommend sitting at the Chefs Table (A small bar that wraps around the kitchen. There is no extra charge and you can watch them prepare every dish to perfection. We ate here our first night in Caicos, loved it so much, we then cancelled another restuarant reservation a few nights later, so we could eat here again. My wife and left the first night we ate here saying it was one of the best-tasting meals we ever had, and I was a little concerned the second time wouldn't be able to match it. I was wrong... The second meal was even better! Bon apetit!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (288)

Reviewed January 23, 2020

I am a lurker but not a writer, I do enjoy reading all of the reviews about different options and places to dine at while we are on the Island. I felt the need to write this review as there are other reviews here that from the perspective of not understanding the level of food that Provence delivers. Being in the business and a chef graduating from Culinary School way back when I can truly say that Provence is on another level than anywhere else on the Island in my humble opinion. I have eaten at all of the top restaurants on the Island and while some are very good nothing comes close to the level of ingredients, quality and execution of the food here. While I am not going to name names like other reviewers or talk bad about any of the other restaurants some of the places mentioned are banquet or cruise food level at best. We found Provence 2 years ago and dined here on our last night and wished we had found it earlier in our trip to come back again. Last year we were able to come 3 times and this March we have 4 reservations for dinner here. Each meal has been perfection with one dish better than the next. If you truly enjoy food at a Michelin Star level Provence should be on your list of must visits while on the island. The food here is on the level of some of the top restaurants I have dined at anywhere in the world.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank fpat
Reviewed January 22, 2020

I am surprised about the negative comments below. Overpriced, yes the place is not cheap but everything is expensive here and at least you get excellent quailty in return. Yes indeed lots of focus on presentation, but what's wrong with that? Small portions, I do not agree. The portions are normal however most likely for the people below complaining that they were disappointed that they could not to take a doggybag at home. Service in general was excellent and the guy servicing us was really top notch. Everything went smoothly, not too slow, just at the right moment.
So forget all the negative comments below. It's really a great place with.....the best bread of the non-French speaking islands in the Cariben. Coming from Europe we felt to have been in a truly French restaurant.

1  Thank gjp_11
Reviewed January 22, 2020

This is an uptown restaurant. Excellent French food, but not inexpensive. The meal and service were great. Excellent fine dining.

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Atmosphere 5, in a mall/office complex
Food 5, small portions, to much effort on presentation, bland food
Service 8
When it’s full inside it is pretty noisy. As the other reviews state there are a lot better options in Provo. I had the tuna appetizer, it was just okay.$24 plus 15% service charge and 10% tax makes this almost $30. I had the lobster, the tail is very small for $44 plus service charge and tax puts it over $50. Lobster came with a few veggie sides if you ant potato add $8. If you want a lobster tail go to Baci, 14oz tail is $45 and it is always good. Magnolia is also much better value for money and has a great view. Coco bistro is priced similar to Provence and is much better. Caicos cafe is much cheaper and food is good. On a positive note the Service was good and the bread is fantastic. Simplify the food, charge a bit less.

wilsongm, Owner at Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Your review is very confusing. How can we focus "too" much on presentation, when we strive to make this a memorable experience for our guests? Would you rather we just throw the food on the plate and give it to you? Really?
Also our inside dining area includes an open style kitchen, so yes of course it is a little noisy with people enjoying themselves, talking and interacting with our team of chefs and other diners.
We have a very large out-door patio that serves for a more romantic, quiet feel and you get to choose when you arrive, it's the first question we ask. You should read the reviews above yours and see what others are saying and 95% of them are the opposite to yours, so we will take the 95% over the 5%, we are sure the other establishments will be happy to have you dine at theirs, if they are not too noisy that is and throw the food on the plate for you to eat.