“Relax in a magical setting and enjoy Gourmet delights”
Review of Opus

Opus
Ranked #56 of 147 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2010

'Opus' offers a really fine dining experience. The restaurant is partly housed in a spacious, beautifully lit space with a vaulted ceiling extending to an out-door, patio area. The bar has a comfortable space for a pre-dinner cocktail. The dining tables are well spread out and because of the lighting, convey a cosy, welcoming feeling.
The members of staff are friendly and attentive, without being fussy. Service was prompt and polished. As to the food, this was special. The kitchen specialises in seafood, hardly surprising as it is located a matter of yards from the spectacular beach of Grace Bay. The plating is contemporary and enticing.
My wife, who would not miss meat if she was told she could never eat another steak or pork chop for the rest of her life, enjoyed some really fabulous line caught snapper, off-set with a tomato, cucumber and cilantro salsa. On another night, she loved a dish of Rare Seared Tuna with different dipping sauces.
Carnivores, like myself, are well catered for. I had a near perfect steak with a delicious cognac mushroom cream sauce with really good mashed potatoes. Another night, I opted for the Red Thai Chicken Curry, which was brilliant. On another ‘Red Meat Night’ I really enjoyed a filet of Beef with a peppery sauce, home cut fries and some Asparagus. However, I did try some of the seafood offerings. I greatly enjoyed a Mahi-Mahi baked ‘en papillote’ with a lovely mushroom and tarragon keeping the fish succulent.

3  Thank malcolminbt

Reviewed April 6, 2010

My wife and I were lucky enough to have our wedding reception, March 20 2010, at Opus Restaurant. We met with Abby & Tony two days before to organize the tables and the menu. They were both great and bounced off ideas in order to make our special day the best. Well they managed to accomplish that.

They even went an extra step where they added orderves for our guests, as well as an extra appetizers for dinner without extra cost. The staff was great, professional and polite. According to our 40 guests nobody had a problem with their food and drinks.

At the end of our wedding night we had an extra of $300 on our bar tab and they offered to refund the money. I doubt there are other restaurants that would do this.

We even went the next day about 20 people without reservations, and they manged to put together a few tables and have the whole party sitting together.

All in all we were/are very happy with Opus and their staff. We will be back soon to have dinner there again in the near future. Thank you once again in making our night so special and flawless.

1  Thank skwedding
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I recently was in the Caicos and ate 2 wonderful meals at OPUS. The food was fresh and delicious. I had lobster one night and lamb another. The presentation was excellent and the lamb was tender, tasty and prepared just right. The lobster was caught that day and well prepared. I would for sure go back again. We enjoyed the bar as well. It is a friendly welcoming atmosphere.

2  Thank KFLeslie
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We went there on Valentine's Day for dinner because all the other restaurants were basically booked. The atmosphere was great, the tables were pretty and the outdoor seating was beautiful. The whole restaurant looked really nice. Our service was good, no complaints there. The food, however, was nothing special. I had a steak, and it was a little on the dry and very bland side. For the cost, I would have expected a good steak. We had a shrimp appetizer and it was pretty small for the price. Husband had a fish entree and was pleased with it. The desert was good, but again, high priced. Overall, I felt it was too expensive for the quality of the food. However, we had a nice time and I didn't leave there feeling disappointed. I just wouldn't get the steak again!

1  Thank jmeehmn
Reviewed March 2, 2010

On an island filled with wonderful dining spots, this was a "must miss." The service was awful. The food was uninspired and cold (perhaps because of the awful service). Couldn't get out fast enough - but actually had to wait 30 minutes to get a check (after asking 6 different people for it).

2  Thank JMSBoston