We stayed at the Villa Del Mar for 8 days/7nights in the Studio Suite (50% off special). It was difficult to make a choice on where to stay in Grace Bay since there were so many great choices. But in the end, we chose VDM for the price and location. Even though it is not on the beach, you can't beat the price for such a short walk to the beach - it truly is really short!
Room - absolutely beautiful room with really nice decor. Large bathroom, spacious sitting area and even the patio was large (with a lounge chair and 4 chairs/table). The bed is really comfortable and the room has all of the necessities - mini fridge, microwave, safe, flat screen tv, etc. The only downside was there was a slight odor each time you came into the room but it wasn't too bad. Not sure if it is from the cleaning supplies.
Pool - we didn't really use the pool very often (why when the ocean is across the street!). They have an adult pool and a kids' pool as well as a small hot tub. The property is very well kept and the lounge chairs are super comfy - perfect for a late afternoon nap :-)
Bar - they do have a small bar that you can get all the different drinks you want. It was never really busy. Fridays they have a rum punch party so that was nice to be able to meet others at the resort.
Staff - the entire team at VDM is amazing. We really got to know all of them and they are just super nice. The front desk women - all super helpful to give you info on what to do, make bookings, etc. Marcel (bonjour!) is a great guy who helped us the first day to fix the batteries in the in-room safe. Always smiling and helpful. Alan, the Director, was most gracious as well and was always available if we had any questions. Overall, the staff at VDM really help make the place 5 stars.
Location - you can't beat the location. The beach is really just a couple of minutes to walk to. So it is really convenient. They also have someone attending the beach from VDM and they provide towels and water. We never had a problem as they seemed to be there early enough for us (by 9:30 or 10am). Just to be safe though we would bring the pool towels with us on days we went earlier. Right across the street is the Grace Bay Club. They have a great bar to hang out in the evenings (since the VDM bar is quiet and not open late). The restaurants are all mostly within walking distance or a short taxi ride (btw the way if you need to use a taxi often have them call 'Fingers' - great guy with lots of good info on the area). The grocery store and shops are within walking distance. I would only caution that you wouldn't walk very far at night because it isn't like a regular street front, you walk along areas that are bushy, dark, etc. But definitely safe during the day.
Negative - I only have 2 negative comments and they really wouldn't stop me from going back to VDM but they are worth mentioning. The internet connection is terrible. Very flaky. Whether using wireless or directly connected it was hit or miss on the speed. I would get to google and then search something. At that point it would hang. Or some days it was fine and I could use it no problem. So if you really, really need internet access while you are on vacation for work or whatever, you might want to think about other internet options.
The other negative comment is the shower head. I'm a little picky that I like a real shower, not water just dripping out softly. There was no setting to adjust so the pressure couldn't be changed. I was happy to have a real shower when I got home :-)
Overall we would highly recommend the VDM. We were very happy with our choice and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales