4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$261
Trip.com$241
Agoda.com$261
Orbitz.com$241
Travelocity$241
eDreams$261
All reviews continental breakfast minute walk grocery store grace bay club within walking distance full kitchen hot tub recommend villa graceway gourmet beach access front desk staff washer and dryer beach attendants banana bread coco bistro free rum punch beach service
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2019

Way more pros than cons. First of all, the reception ladies are fabulous. Wesline was probably my favorite, but they were all helpful, friendly and efficient. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping are room clean, and they too were pleasant. Although there is no ocean view, it's just a two minute walk to beautiful Grace Bay Beach with loungers, umbrellas, towels and water waiting for you. Water in the lobby, by the pool and at the beach really comes in handy. The continental breakfast is enough to start off the day, and we enjoyed the manager's reception. Clean beach towels are always available at the pool and beach. I got a conch shell on our snorkeling excursion and they cleaned it for me so it wouldn't smell bringing it back home.The area can't be beat, just a short walk to shops, restaurants and supermarket. We just had a studio but our bathroom was huge. Separate shower and tub and a full size vanity. For everything they offer, the price is pretty darn good. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. There were only a few cons I can think of. Mainly no ocean view, which is kind of a big deal to me. I also would have loved to use the jacuzzi but it was not in working condition the entire week we were there. I don't think they were even planning on fixing it, and the TV was very small. Overall a nice place at a fair price.

Room tip: Second and third story rooms offer a better view.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

There are pros and cons, starting with the good. 1. Not far from the beach about a one minute walk to the Grace Bay Beach and 10-15 min to the grocery & local restaurants - food is pricey everything is imported. 2. Staff friendly 3. Pool and outdoors very clean 4. Free Breakfast a plus 5. Desk agents helped us plan daily excursions
6. Room was what we expected overlooking the pool
7. Cab service is $8 per person to almost anywhere 8. Updated and somewhat new 9. All rooms seem to face the pool
Cons 1. room B202 was clean BUT had an awful order of mildew and mold 2. Our allergies did not agree with what ever was circulating in the air 3. After the 3rd night we finally complained to the staff, they attended to the air conditioner which somewhat fixed the issue. 4. TV was very small but cable was available

Would recommend to friends and family, rated right in the middle 3 as it wasn’t the best and wasn’t the worse. Would stay again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2019

My 2 teenage sons and I stayed here for 5 nights in a penthouse condo. It was amazing. The accommodations and grounds are beautiful. The condo is incredible, well stocked, and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great, the beach is beautiful, and there are many good restaurants close by. My kids and I agree that this was one of our most relaxing and enjoyable vacations we have had. Thank you for a wonderful vacation.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

Checked in during afternoon. Got room A103. The room was clean but with a strong smell of mold.

Spoke to the receptionist and she would send someone immediately. One hour later no one had shown up. Went back to the reception. We’re told they were on their way and that we could speak to the manager tomorrow at 08:30 and that we should come back then.

We are not accepting this, and asking to speak to the manager right away. “She wont speak to a guest on the phone” is the response we get.

We were offered the room above the first one, A203. We went to check it out and they had literally emptied a bottle of air freshener to try to hide the smell of mold. But they forgot that it still smells in wardrobes, cupboards etc. where they didn’t spray air freshener...

Back to the reception again.. They are of the opinion they they have done everything possible. BUT I get to speak to the manager on the phone now, who only refers to housekeeping that claims there are no smell. Basically she’s telling me that I’m lying, and that no one else has ever complained about mold smell (although later that night we found reviews stating exactly that and explicitly mentioned room A103....).

It’s late and we can’t find another hotel that late. We have no other option to stay one night. Next morning we spoke to the manager and she was so unbelievably rude. We switched hotel to The Shore Club, which was excellent.

I rather chew my own arm of, the going back here...

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norrorten
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Just returned home from Villa del Mar and we weren't too impressed. The hotel is walking distance to the beach (across the street) not directly on the beach. The rooms have a microwave, small refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. We did not have a room with a stove. There are two BBQ's on the property. First off let me just say that T&C is very expensive, and I am from NY where everything is expensive, so going to the grocery store to buy a few things was a must. The hotel provides continental breakfast which is like bagels, croissants, cereal and coffee, so with everything being expensive we did take advantage of that. Its also a good idea to bring a water bottle because that you can get by the bar provided from the hotel. The reason why I'm only giving the property 3 stars is because it is not more than that. The front desk staff as others have stated have a very standoffish attitude, as we did experience at other places on the island as well. Not the friendliest of people. If you dont say 'good morning' to them, they arent saying it to you first. I've probably gotten spoiled from staying at all inclusives in Mexico, where you dont have to worry about anything and the staff will go above and beyond for you. Not the case here. The first day we got to the hotel at 1:30ish pm and around 4:30pm the power went out...ON THE WHOLE ISLAND. FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS. Ive never had this happen to me ever before on a vacation. They did say it doesn't happen often on T&C, but no back up generator to fuel AC or fans for the rooms. When asked what was going on if any of the staff knew anything, again met with attitudey answers like we were bothering them. The electricity finally came back on, more than 24 hours later around 7pm the next night. That same day before the electricity came on they had a "managers happy hour" where they served pretty good rum punch. I think thats a standard thing maybe once a week. The manager was there but didnt interact with any of the guests, see if anyone needed anything or if there was anything she could do. In no way were we compensated for the power being out. I get it its on the whole island, or the whole area of Grace Bay, but please for Gods sakes invest in a generator! Another pet peeve I had was the pool water (2 pools) were completely hot...like bath water. Not refreshing at all to go in. I also did feel the pool area needed to be a little more maintained. During the power outage I watched towels be left on the chairs for 2 days. No one came around to pick them up. Also the pool wasnt skimmed for leaves and bugs. I didnt see anyone cleaning and maintaining the pool everyday. The wifi was also somewhat of a problem in the room. Our last day and a half it kept going out, couldnt get back on, saying server was full. We called the desk, they sent someone up about 20 mins later. "Fixed" the problem but then same thing happened again next day. If youre looking for a low maintenance vacation where you dont have to do alot of work, I would say this isnt for you. Stay at an all inclusive somewhere. You dont get any pampering or special treatment here. This was our first time in Turks and Caicos, and although we rented a car, drove around to see the beautiful beaches, we will not be back. Theres plenty of other nice beaches in the world where the people really welcome you and give you VIP treatment. Nice beaches is one part of it, but there has to be more. We did visit the Shore Club on Long Bay Beach and that was a better example of the type of treatment I am used to. I think Villa del Mar could do with a hotel management refresher course and make better use of the staff they have there. We did notice alot of the staff standing around, talking and joking with each other, having morning coffee. This type of behavior shouldnt happen in front of guests. On a positive note, there was plenty of parking spots if you do rent a car. The room was nice and our maid was great did a nice job everyday and we did appreciate the continental breakfast. Loaction is great because its in the heart of Grace Bay, and I had no problems with the beds, we found it comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple