“Awesome accomodations at an amazing price! Go! Go!”
Review of Villa del Mar

Villa del Mar
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
atlanta
“Awesome accomodations at an amazing price! Go! Go!”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We're very picky travelers and usually stay only at 4 & 5-star resorts. On this trip, we wanted to keep costs down while still getting excellent accomodations. We found it! If you're not going to spring for an ocean-front room, there's no need to spend top-dollar at one of the ocean-front resorts. Villa Del Mar is a 1-minute walk to the beach via Ocean Club West. You will have your own, private beach service and you can use the beach-side bar, restaurant & restrooms of Ocean Club West. Villa Del Mar's units are very clean with upscale furnishings & kitchens. The entire property is extremely clean; especially the pools & the grounds. Great little pool-side bar or you can bring your own beverages down from your condo. Staff is extremely friendly and seemed genuinely happy to have us there. When we saw the masses of people swarming around the big, well-known resort properties & beaches, we were SO happy we'd chosen this quaint and beautiful option. While you can walk to a small grocery store & a few local shops & restaurants, you will need a car to explore the island or if you plan to buy a lot of heavy groceries. That is why I gave "location" a 4 and not a 5. We walked and felt perfectly safe, even at night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank pickytraveleratlanta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
mississauga
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Location is fantastic and access to the beach is easy. Rooms are very clean and the service is very freindly and helpfull. We will bring our children on our next visit..

3 Thank funsunmississauga
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This was an accidental find. I am glad I made the decision to book with Villa Del Mar. It was our first trip to Turks & Caicos and we loved it. The staff at the hotel was amazing. There was a mix up with our reservation when we arrived but it was sorted out and we were treated well. The front desk staff was really great, their reccomendations for resturants were great and anything we needed was taken care of. The rooms, the grounds, the pools everything was really well kept and clean. Kudos to Nadine, she is the best, so friendly, so warm and a great person. The beach service was awesome as well. Even though there were a lot of children when we were there, they really well behaved. We already booked to go back in a few months.

3 Thank lee145
nc
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It was very clean and nicely decorated/furnished. The beds are comfortable. The room had a flat screen TV, fridge with 2 bottles of water included, bathtub, separate shower, patio with lounge chair and table. We were on the ground floor which limited our privacy a bit. I had requested a higher floor if possible, but I guess one was not available.

Service was spotty, which I had read about, but didn't think I would mind. I minded more than I thought I would! We were given the wrong room keys to start with. The phone in our room didn't work. We asked about it at the front desk and were told we would get a new one. That never happened. It would have been nice to have a phone in the room to make restaurant reservations, call taxis, receive messages, call the front desk, but we managed without it. We ended up making several calls from the front desk and the staff was accommodating with this. We didn't have a safe in the room. We read about it in the hotel binder and asked about it. They had one installed for us. So, for the most part, whatever issues we had were resolved, but not as efficiently as I would have wanted. It didn't feel like customer service was a high priority.

Housekeeping did a great job each day!

There were a surprising number of children staying at this hotel. They were rather loud in the pool area. We realized too late that there was a 2nd pool which might have been quieter.

There is no "maybe" button for "Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?" That is what I would say.

2 Thank winter26
London, Ontario
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This was our second stay at Villa Del Mar, we stayed there last March. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is amazing. You are just footsteps from Grace Bay beach, a short walk to a grocery store that has everything you might need, a French bakery, many restaurants, the casino, car rental and shops. I have been coming to Providenciales for over eight years and have stayed in numerous resorts but this has been the best value on the island.

London, Ontario Canada

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 1snorkler
NJ
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We had a difficult time deciding on Villa Del Mar vs Ocean Club West as they were at the same price point, and OCW was on the beach and VDM was not. We have been to neither before. I don't think we gave up anything choosing VDM. The extremely short walk to the beach was offset by a very deluxe, large, pristine, immaculate, large, comfortable, large, daily cleaned studio room that was large...did I mention large and clean? Food ammenities were handled by Grace Bay resort and local shopping at the grocery which is walking distance (yes the food is ~ 40% more than the states), and the cabana guy for VDM was very helpful. This area was so safe we did a lot of walking at night, and were able to spend time at OCW dining as well as communal area. It's nice as well just older, and you can feel it. In the end the reviews at Tripadvisor made our ultimate decision. Can;t go wrong with Tripadvisor or VDM!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rippedmass
Ontario
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I have just returned from a one week stay at the beautiful Villa del Mar in Providenciales. Wow ..is one of the first words that come to my mind. I have travelled to Jamaica, Bermuda,Varadero and many times to Punta Cana. I love my vacation hot spots but this resort is as close to true paradise as I have found. From the minute that we entered our suite to see the beautifully decorated rooms..to the first glimpse of that incredible blue water I was simply awestruck...but you know that feeling you get at the end of a long day in the sun when you are so tired and you crave a great night's sleep..well you'll certainly get it here. The bed was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept on,the pillows,so comfy..you just fall asleep dreaming of another day in paradise.
The poolside chairs are just about as comfortable they are so cushy!! There are two pools and a hot tub..great for that morning cup of coffee and sunrise.
The resort is about a 3 minute walk to the incredible Grace Bay beach ..simply stunning. If you keep walking to the right you will reach a sign that says Leeward which had the most incredible blue water that I have ever seen. A short walk to the left and you are provided with beautiful beach chairs ,towels and a cold water bottle.
Back at the resort your condo suite provides you with all the amenities and a short walk to the Graceway gourmet lets you stock up on supplies if you choose to eat in. Two barbecues are supplied for grillin' and chillin'. Nadine at the pool bar makes great drinks as you cook your lobster,burger or treat of the day.
Most of the local restaurants are within walking distance. My favourite..Coco Bistro..a palm tree oasis under the stars. All in all it was the nicest appointed room that I have ever stayed in on the most beautiful beach that I have seen..simply wonderful!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple