We had a difficult time deciding on Villa Del Mar vs Ocean Club West as they were at the same price point, and OCW was on the beach and VDM was not. We have been to neither before. I don't think we gave up anything choosing VDM. The extremely short walk to the beach was offset by a very deluxe, large, pristine, immaculate, large, comfortable, large, daily cleaned studio room that was large...did I mention large and clean? Food ammenities were handled by Grace Bay resort and local shopping at the grocery which is walking distance (yes the food is ~ 40% more than the states), and the cabana guy for VDM was very helpful. This area was so safe we did a lot of walking at night, and were able to spend time at OCW dining as well as communal area. It's nice as well just older, and you can feel it. In the end the reviews at Tripadvisor made our ultimate decision. Can;t go wrong with Tripadvisor or VDM!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales