“Amazing vacation”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Williston, Vermont
“Amazing vacation”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our two young daughters. We were here to attend a wedding being held at the Grace Bay Club which is located across the street. The Villa del Mar was nicely appointed. We stayed in a suite room with a king bed, pull out sofa, balcony which looked out at the pool, a kitchenette, a beautiful bathroom with a walk in shower and a separate tub. The room also included a washer and dryer. The room rate included a continental breakfast set up poolside every morning with coffee, juices, cereals and pastries, bagels and breads. Yogurt would have been a nice addition, but I picked some up at a nearby grocery and had that with the cereal and/or oatmeal available. Fresh bananas and oranges were available daily as well.

The fitness center is not so much a center as a walk-in closet with one treadmill and one elliptical and an incomplete set of weights. If you are tall you will need to sit on the one weight bench or you may lose a hand in the ceiling fan.

This is a very family friendly resort. The housekeeping staff was quick to fulfill requests and the bartender, Bill at the Tiki Hut bar was really nice. He was great with kids. We were here with my 2 sisters and their children as well and Bill was so sweet to the little ones. He even made them a little strawberry ice drink that the kids really loved. One night during the week the bar had free rum punch happy hour and Bill was really gracious to all of us and the kiddos.

One of my daughters got too much sun on the first day and the attendant working at breakfast each morning noticed and stated she would bring some fresh aloe back the next day and sure enough she did! She made a great salve from the aloe and ice to make it cool on her face.

The beach is a very quick walk across the street through the Grace Bay Club. The Villa del Mar has a kiosk on the beach with an attendant who has towels for guests at the beach and has all of the chairs and umbrellas set up. The umbrellas are much needed as the sun is extremely strong! The water is gorgeous and a beach walk is a must! I never felt safer on an island beach vacation. The attendant also keeps cold water and cups for guests.

The Villa does not have a restaurant but there are many close by and within walking distance. The bar closes by 8pm, but if you want more nightlife the Grace Bay has beautiful bars and restaurants right there on the ocean. Be sure to visit Pauline at the Rum Bar next to the pool.

The rehearsal dinner and wedding dinner were at the Grace Bay and all of the food was amazing.

Other nearby restaurants:
Seaside Cafe next to the Grace Bay Club at the Ocean Club West. We had food (take away) twice for lunch here and once we ate on site. The food was good each time. The grilled jerk shrimp and pineapple salad was excellent and the mexican salad was pretty good as well. I had the caesar salad with shrimp one day and it was okay. My kids enjoyed the kids cheeseburger. The fish and chips was good. The food is made fresh so it can be a bit of a wait. This is a great place for lunch as the prices are much more reasonable than the Grace Bay Club.

We also ate here at a special dinner my brother and his fiance held here on the deck while we watched the sunset. We ordered from the dinner menu and I had the mahi mahi which was delicious and my husband and I shared the shrimp tempura appetizer which was really good too. My husband had the grouper and said it was great.

Jimmy's Dive Bar - my family of 4 and my sisters family of 6 (6 kids ages 2-8) ate here one night. A quick walk from the hotel. They have pirate statues outside that the kids loved. I recommend if you can sit outside the restaurant on the patio out front. The service was lacking for sure, but with so many young kids it was a good option for us. Our adult dinners were great, surprisingly so. I had grouper and it was great, good flavor and cooked well. Giggles ice cream parlour is right in the same plaza and the kids enjoyed some fun flavors and the woman working there was very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Suwi70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The only thing that stopped me from rating this place perfect, was the front office staff. The manager was nice during my first encounter with her while I checked in, but after that was short and rude. I worked in a hotel while I was in college so I know how the front office should greet and interact with guests, and this was not it. It seemed like every question, such as the location of places around the island, was the biggest burden for them to answer. Everyone else was wonderful, but can honestly say I won't stay here again because of the front office staff and the manager. The location for the beach was great, but everywhere else, it was a walk.

2 Thank Kalicia2
villadelmarGM, Director of Development & Operations at Villa del Mar, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear valued guest:
Thank you for posting your review and comments on TripAdvisor. Feedback and suggestions from our guests are integral to our efforts in improving the experience we offer and we continuously utilize this information in our ongoing associate development plan. I apologize for the service you received at our front desk; we pride ourselves on exemplary service as you indicated from our other associates. I will review your comments with my team to ensure all our guests have exceptional service and comfort. We believe our guests are the best source of information for continual improvement; we welcome the opportunity to understand and learn from your experience. Should you have additional information you care to share with us or additional suggestions, please feel free to personally contact me at any time. We look forward to your next visit.
Alan M. Lawley
Director of Development & Operations
alan@yourvilladelmar.com
Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Let me just start by saying I loved Villas Del Mar. Every staff member there was super nice, friendly, and helpful. At the beach, the staff was wonderful. I didn't catch the name of the beach person but he was so helpful.

I booked VDM because when I travel I like space, and I also really like a kitchen and washer dryer. These are real luxuries for me. I reluctantly have up beach front local for these amenities. But guess what! The beach was literally right across the road. It was so close that you could walk over in a minute! I'm so glad we stayed here. The hotel itself was beautiful and do were the grounds. They have a bar that's open until about 8 or 9, but there is no restaurant here. It would be nice if they served snacks, or at least had someone that could get food from the seaside cafe like at their beach section. This didn't bother me too much. They also served a continental breakfast every morning. Plenty of breads, pastries, fruits, cereals-- things like that.

This is place to relax. It's family oriented, so kids are around. It's not a party place, which is perfect for me! We stayed in a two bedroom unit, and it was spacious and nice.

I would stay here again!

1 Thank SSemone
new york
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 days and it was a great condo. It is behind Grace Bay Club and only 2 minute walk to the beach which is not bad at all. Rooms were cleaned but bed wasn't really comfy. Service staff was great. At the beach, there is always someone there to provide towels or food service they can get you from Seaside Grill Cafe which is only a minute walk from the beach. Food is good like the conche ceviche. The hotel is also within walking distance to the supermarket, Salt Mills Mall and other little places to grab food. Price wise it's the same as you would if you ordered on the beach.
It's also about a 15 minute taxi ride to the hotel. Cost for taxi to and from airport is $15/pp.

2 Thank karen_22us
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I am a "hotel snob" and this hotel was perfect. It is clean and modern with nice decor. We had a studio, with a small kitchen, den area, patio, soaking tub, rain shower. It is just a 2 minute walk to Grace Bay, where the hotel sets you up with chairs and umbrellas for no additional cost. The beach attendants will run and get you food or drinks, super nice guys. The pools are warm and super clean! Don't hesitate to book this gem, we will be coming back!

1 Thank mirandauk01
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A great family, couples or single place. Less than 60 seconds from Grace Bay. Public access through the resorts is guaranteed since the Bay is a national park. Quiet even when full and across the street from the big resorts and all their hustle if that is what you want at night. 10 minutes from the IGA and outstanding restaurants all within 10-15 minutes walk. The staff is outstanding for friendliness and service. Allan the director was stellar in his attention to our needs. They front desk made all our meal reservations for us. A great little item is the fresh, warm from the oven pastries that arrive every morning from the french bakery a block away.
The only tiny suggestion I would have is that since the water is not drinkable, a gift of a jug of water in the room would have been appreciated when we checked in. It was long day of travel and I wouldn't have minded skipping the trip to the grocery store on that same day.
Did I mention the beach!!? After a minute's walk to the most beautiful place, Villa D.M. has an outstanding spot on the beach with umbrellas, chairs, towels and cold water. Lerone and Kerone the twin beach attendants will look after anything you want. I had many a morning chat with those two about the island. Always a smile and quick to offer help. Thanks for the taste of green coconut!. They will also look after booking tours, trips and know the area well. Tip those boys well. Towels were out for us in the front row every morning. Thanks guys! I would highly recommend VDM for its location and value. Outstanding place

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Harley_Squirrelnuts
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2013

First trip traveling to a condo hotel and were skeptical if we would enjoy. Wow -- we were completely wrong. We loved having in-suite laundry and enjoyed our daily trip to the IGA Gourmet (nearby) to purchase small snacks and light meal options which we could keep in our well stocked kitchen.

Villa del Mar is really a lovely little condo hotel. First, for those worried about it not being on the beach - it is steps away and if you are staying on the higher floors, you will have an ocean view. Of all the hotels we visited in the past while in Turks, VDM is near/on one of the most gorgeous sections of white sand and blue turquoise water. The beach itself will not disappoint and you will forget the 60 second walk you took to get there as you approach the water. The hotel is small and cozy and the staff are brilliant. Always helpful and smiling, they really try to give 5 star service. We were definitely pleased with their attention to details and friendly nature.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and we found it perfect for our needs. It was very well appointed and the amenities inside the suite were just like home. At the time of our visit, the hotel was very busy and we became acquainted with some other couples/families who were staying in the complex as well. We had an opportunity to see their suites and were thankful that we chose the two bedroom option rather than the less expensive 1 bedroom and studio. The studio was very small and since it is probably the most frequently rented, we found that it looked tired and in need of updating.

We never swam in the swimming pool but, it was very inviting and the water was always warm. All the suites face the pool so, we think that there could be some noise at times for those staying on the lower floors.

Villa del Mar has their own section on the beach and they offer cold water at their desk and umbrella service. Food can be ordered and brought from Seaside cafe and we did so on several occasions.

All in all, we enjoyed our experience immensely and would definitely consider a return visit. We would recommend this hotel to everyone - travelers on any budget because it is a clean, friendly and a location perfect option.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family