“Good Family Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Washington, D.C.
“Good Family Hotel”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

They are very pretty and spacious. It would be nice if they on the beach. The complaint I have is that they say they can accommodate more people than they really do. I was told on the phone that there were two pull out sofas. Not the case. We got a rollaway but it was really horrible. The mattress was two inches
thick. We ended up sending it back bc it was terrible. It really only sleeps 4 people comfortably. The kitchen could have been stocked a little better for cooking. It didn't even have a baking sheet. They finally got one for me 24 hours after I asked for one. Other than that, it was nice and a good location to walk to grocery store and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Amherstview, ON
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had the opportunity to spend 3 nights at Villa Del Mar as we had won a contest sponsered by Turks & Caicos Reservations that sent us to T and C for a wonderful week. We thorougly enjoyed our stay at VDM. When we arrived we were offered complimentary rum punch( you really MUST try it!) and shown right to our room. Although not right ON the beach, it was a very short walk to the beach through Grace Bay Club courtyard. I"ve attached pictures so you can see for yourself! The room was spacious, and housekeeping made sure to delicately arrange towels, adding flowers to them for beautiful colour each day. The bathroom featured both a shower and a jacuzzi tub, and hallway area had a small fridge(Great for wine, pop, some food items, etc), a microwave, coffee maker, and basic dishes. The bed was EXTREMLY comfortable. Next to the sleeping area there was a living room area that had a sofa bed , coffee table and TV. The patio was outside of the living area, and had a table and chairs that looked out onto a lovely view of the pool. The pool has a bar to the side of it, and I must say the bartenders were fabulous with both adults and kids alike. Although we did not, I know that it was also possible to order drinks while at the beach. The pool itself was a lovely temperature, and at night was lit up with beautiful colours. Towels were continuously available for both the pool and the beach. There was also a separate hottub. Each morning there was a continental breakfast available by the pool in the bar area, with a good selection of food and drink items. We were able to pick up breakfast and take it back to our patio to eat privately. When it was (sadly) time for our departure, we were faced with an 11 oclock check out time, and a plane that did not leave until 4. The VDM staff allowed us to store all of our luggage in their lobby area, and we took advantage of the beach, lunch out, etc on our last day in Provo. When we returned to the hotel we were able to use their lobby washrooms to change and get ready to leave, then picked up our luggage and were on our way. This resort is a lovely way to enjoy Grace Bay and have a little space and privacy at the same time. Feel free to browse my pictures to have a better understanding of what I mean! We LOVED it and would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sherrill B
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from T&C last night with my boyfriend and I must say it was incredible. Obviously the island is perfection but I don't think our experience would have been as great if we hadn't stayed at the Villa del Mar. The most amazing and friendly staff ever! Kerone & Lerone at the beach were total sweethearts! Captain Bill was awesome and recommended some great places! Also the Director Alan was very personable and made us feel super welcomed! The reception desk was also great at making reservations and calling taxis for us. The rooms were immaculate and beautiful. We stayed in a studio which came with a kitchenette (sink, microwave, pots, pans, utensils, plates, etc.) Our room's patio led to the bar and pool area which was very convenient. One of my favorite parts of the hotel was the outdoor grill that was available for all guests at all times. On a night where we wanted to just chill out, we went to the local supermarket (less than a 10 min walk) got some sausages and beer and grilled into the night! There was also a jacuzzi just outside our room.

The beach area was fantastic! Again, the twins Kerone & Lerone were so helpful. They set us up with chairs, umbrellas & towels. We ordered food and beer buckets and tropical drinks at the beach and they arrived super fast! Also, there was always a spot for us, never too crowded.

I truly have no complaints for this place. They are condo-like suites with hotel amenities which is exactly what we look for when traveling. It gave us the option to explore the island (local & fancier spots) without any pressure to stay within the confines of your resort. Not to mention that it was in an ideal location. ALL of the top rated restaurants are walking distance in addition to local spots like Jimmy's & the Patty Place. I didn't know that when we booked but we got so lucky! We are already planning a trip back and will ONLY stay at the Villa Del Mar.

Room Tip: Any room would really be awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PM16
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Villa del Mar is the perfect place to be in the Grace Bay area. The accommodations were wonderful for our family. The rooms were very comfortable and the balcony was large. It was very clean. Villa del Mar is located on a beautiful stretch of Grace Bay beach. It is close to all the wonderful restaurants and local shops. The staff are extremely friendly and the property is extremely well kept. It is located a short walk to the beach and the services on the beach are impeccable. The beach attendant was always ready to address our needs, whether it was for beach towels, drinks or toys for the children. Reception was always quick to make reservations for us and to attend to our needs. It is a quite location, perfect for a relaxing getaway. We will definitely return to this location on our next visit to Turks and Caicos.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Fijilove2007
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Coming from snowy Toronto, Ontario, anywhere with sun is welcoming... it was the tranquil garden and refreshing pools that made the Villa Del Mar extra special. Set back about 100 steps from the beach, it was a calmer and quieter place - the perfect place to sip a signature rum punch and take in the relaxing sunshine with a great book.

If you didn't want to sit poolside, each of the rooms were provided with a private balcony, over looking the pool and garden- the balcony was large enough to accommodate my morning Yoga routine without interruption - it was so peaceful! Was just as lovely with the breeze but with a little more privacy. That being said, you had everything you could have needed right in your own condo. I had a fridge, microwave, toaster and coffeemaker. I walked to the local grocery store (under 10 minutes away by foot) and stocked up on local fruits, fresh veggies and some snack foods for lunches. It was nice to have that option - not having to leave the room every time you were hungry!!! Grocery store was relatively priced to Canadian prices ... maybe a little more - nothing outrageous.
The beds were perfectly comfortable and the sheets ... I cannot stop going on about the sheets. After being in the sun all day, the last thing you want are scratchy sheets. These sheets felt as if they were made of butter. So soft, cool and cozy. It was the perfect bed to climb into after a long, hot day.

The washroom had both a stand-up rain shower and a deep soaker tub - I used both. Rain shower was incredible... just the right pressure of water and enough room to move around. The tub was great after my paddleboarding expedition... you lose yourself in the relaxation of taking a bath with the windows open and the warm breeze coming in at you - true bliss.

Though there is no restaurant on-site at the Villa Del Mar, it encourages you to go and explore the local cuisine that the island has to offer. There are over 75 restaurants on the island - everything from fish tacos and beer to fine dining places. There is something for everyone - or whoever you decide to be that day!
Take it all in, enjoy the peace and quiet at the Del Mar with steps to the rest of the island - it's magnificent!

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are walk out to the pool and garden area - Rooms on the second and third floor ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank veeskye
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Paradise in the heart of the Gracebay area, it doesn't get any better than this. Best value ever!! As a diehard traveler I've been to many places around the world and this is at the top of my list of MUST DO OVER, which i've done with my family, hubby and friends. Villa del Mar is located in the greatest location that a car isn't necessary. Shopping, casino and great restaurants all within walking distance. The best and friendliest staff. Only a short walk to a beautiful Private beach area with the happiest cabana boys ever. Towels, chairs and Umbrellas all waiting for you. Outdoor BBQ's for the nights you just want to hang out by the pool and hot tub. Great Family boutique hotel! Feels like your own backyard. Already planning my/our next trip down.

Room Tip: Penthouse great for families! Very roomy and everyone has their space. All the conveniences of home...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mari-Rae
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2013

On my 3rd visit to Providenciales, I decided to stay at Villa del Mar. I was a bit hesitant at first because I was told it's not on the beach. I was expecting a long walk, but surprisingly it only took about 60 seconds to walk from my room to the beach. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff and free rum punch (which is amazing). The front desk agents were able to answer any questions I had, and made some great restaurant & tour recommendations. I stayed on the ground floor in Building B (I would recommend a ground floor room as its such a short walk to the pool - which is one of the resort's best amenities). All our special needs were met - e.g. extra towels & a baby crib. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for 5 star service, without the 5 star price. It's the perfect getaway!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great if you want quick access to the pools / bar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family