Coming from snowy Toronto, Ontario, anywhere with sun is welcoming... it was the tranquil garden and refreshing pools that made the Villa Del Mar extra special. Set back about 100 steps from the beach, it was a calmer and quieter place - the perfect place to sip a signature rum punch and take in the relaxing sunshine with a great book.
If you didn't want to sit poolside, each of the rooms were provided with a private balcony, over looking the pool and garden- the balcony was large enough to accommodate my morning Yoga routine without interruption - it was so peaceful! Was just as lovely with the breeze but with a little more privacy. That being said, you had everything you could have needed right in your own condo. I had a fridge, microwave, toaster and coffeemaker. I walked to the local grocery store (under 10 minutes away by foot) and stocked up on local fruits, fresh veggies and some snack foods for lunches. It was nice to have that option - not having to leave the room every time you were hungry!!! Grocery store was relatively priced to Canadian prices ... maybe a little more - nothing outrageous.
The beds were perfectly comfortable and the sheets ... I cannot stop going on about the sheets. After being in the sun all day, the last thing you want are scratchy sheets. These sheets felt as if they were made of butter. So soft, cool and cozy. It was the perfect bed to climb into after a long, hot day.
The washroom had both a stand-up rain shower and a deep soaker tub - I used both. Rain shower was incredible... just the right pressure of water and enough room to move around. The tub was great after my paddleboarding expedition... you lose yourself in the relaxation of taking a bath with the windows open and the warm breeze coming in at you - true bliss.
Though there is no restaurant on-site at the Villa Del Mar, it encourages you to go and explore the local cuisine that the island has to offer. There are over 75 restaurants on the island - everything from fish tacos and beer to fine dining places. There is something for everyone - or whoever you decide to be that day!
Take it all in, enjoy the peace and quiet at the Del Mar with steps to the rest of the island - it's magnificent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales