All reviewsminute walkgrocery storegrace bay clubcontinental breakfastwithin walking distancechose villafull kitchenhot tubdeluxe studiograceway gourmetbeach accesswasher and dryerbeach attendantscoco bistrobanana breaddirectly across the streetbeach service
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just spent 9 days in the beautiful island of the TCI again this August.. This is a second time staying at the VDM and I can't say nothing but good things about this little hidden gem. Our unit was fantastic and steps away from the pool and hot tub . grounds were well kept, rooms cleaned daily and staff and management treated us like family. The unit itself was a two bedroom ground level unit and was well equipped and up to the standards of any 4 plus star hotel. Provo is known for it beaches and while you may not be directly on the beach this little gem is paradise. Its a 2 minute walk from your door to the worlds best beaches. From the front desk staff to the Management ( Tendra and Alan ) this place is fantastic and made us truly feel like part of the family.......Breakfast by the lovely Ms Keisha was a great way to start off your day and end it with a special cocktail by Captain Bill himself. Hats off to the twins on the beach that made sure everyday we were set up to enjoy the sun and surf. Well done VDM and I will continue to be your voice from the land of the Maple Leaf .......

Room Tip: VRBO 326110 ... The owner Tarek is a fantastic person to deal with and will ensure that your vacation is everything that you want it to be.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James P
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I decided to go to Providenciales with my fiance and two friends because of the article I read on Tripadvisor about being the best beach vacation. I also picked Villa del Mar due to the excellent reviews and we were not disappointed! This hotel may have been 20 feet farther away from the beach compared to the more expensive hotel (Grace Bay) but the difference was not noticeable. Villa del Mar has beach attendants (Lerone and Kerone when we were there) who are extremely friendly and helpful. While I saw the other hotel guests going up to their hotel for their food and beverages, Lerone and Kerone happily went to the neighboring restaurant and served us on the beach! Villa del Mar certainly exceeded our expectations. The grounds were very well-maintained. The housekeeping staff was courteous and went out of their way to make my birthday special. Captain Bill also served up fabulous drinks at the pool bar. I honestly don't have one complaint about this place. It was an excellent value for the money, which you'll need to save because food and beverage are expensive on the island! I highly recommend this place and I would definitely return.

The only downside may have been no restaurant, but the Seaside Cafe was next door and everything on their menu was absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kmata99
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at the Villa Del Mar for a week. It is very clean and updated with a fully stocked kitchen. The condo like rooms are great for making your own meals and the rooms were very large. I had a 2 bedroom and there was also a washer and dryer. The property is not on the ocean, but one block off the ocean. It is very easy to access the beach and this resort had a great pool and pool bar. It is a nice quite resort and most rooms have a view of the pool. There is free wifi which was awesome. The property is a short walk to shopping and the grocery store. There was also a lot of restaurants a short walk away. The rooms had a nice big patio and great air conditioning. The staff was also really friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Clean/comfortable - check! Easily accessible to Grace Bay - check. Easily accessible to majority of cuisines on T &C - check. Affordable - check! So what's the differentiating factors? Exclusive hotel - not. All inclusive - not. $20 margarita's - nope! Infinity pool - negative. Guards at main gate - zippo and totally not necessary on this safe island. Property is newer. Rooms are decorated nicely. Beds are comfortable. Although the standard room does have a six foot kitchenette counter, if you take advantage of the continental breakfast and plan on eating out for L/D it really is of no use. Unless you like having a mini fridge in room, then it's worth it. Breakfast consists of coffee, Danish, cereal, juice and fruit. Nothing extravagant, a continental breakfast. If you prefer waffles, omlets, bacon, yogurt parfaits, etc. this will not cut it. But then again, you are not paying for a full breakfast within the cost of your room. You have a choice of two IGA's near by. One you can walk to. 20 minutes and a lot of sweat or if you have access to a car the other is 15 minutes away and slightly cheaper, very clean and quite large. So what to? What to do? Well, with two combined families of two adults and five teenagers you fill a cardboard box with 50 pounds of non perishables pay $25 bucks at the airport and send it on a one way trip to T&C. Kellogg's mini wheats, $ 1.99 on sale in NJ. $10.69 T&C! My family did have a full kitchen for breakfast. It was great! There are grills for dinner. We chose to eat dinner out daily and explore the wonderful restaurants. Pools are a not large but certainly adequate to get refreshed. Our visit to this island was to enjoy breathtaking Grace Bay. Pools were not a deal breaker. Fitness room, eh. If you are looking for a mini health club away from home, you will be big time disappointed. It's a small room with a treadmill, bench, elliptical. That's all she wrote! Staff - HELPFUL, COURTEOUS, FRIENDLY, HONEST regarding restaurants. Downside? Being that cleanliness is next to Godliness for me, I really can't think of any. My motto, you get what you pay for. In this case that was absolutely wonderful. I can tell you we could have spent twice as much and this review would have had a very different tone. Because with that double expense, I would have expected much much more. And really at the end of the day if status means spending another $4/$5 k more then knock your socks off. If a trip to T&C is in our future, Villa Del Mar will be my hotel destination!

Room Tip: Book ponies prior to arriving. Snorkeling, bananna boat, when you are is fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank VATA123
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Very polite staff, extra clean rooms, clean outside. Kind staff. Two minute walk to the beach. Great value. Would come again to visit. The deluxe studio has microwave, refrigerator, washer,dryer. Lovely pool.

Stayed: August 2012