I may be one of the luckiest people in the world because I have stayed at Villa Del Mar twice. After having such a wonderful time in Provo last year, I decided to once again attend the Conch Festival. So, I had to see if Villa Del Mar was as great the second time around. To my amazement, it was. Hey guys, this is the place to stay when visiting Providenciales, TCI.
Once again, the staff, led by GM/DOO, Alan Lawley is superb! The resort is quaint, secluded (walk across the street to the beach) and the perfect place to unwind from the hustle and bustle of city life in Chicago. The staff provides a personal touch that other properties can't even dream about. Just like the Cheers Bar, everyone wants to go where people know your name. "Welcome back Ms. Anderson" was delivered with a great big smile from Linco (front desk)! I exhaled. Customer service is alive, well and living at Villa Del Mar.
When I arrived in my beautiful well appointed studio, exhausted from flying all day, there appeared a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the shape of a wine bottle attached to a hand written note. "Welcome back to Villa Del Mar, Ms. Anderson. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. Alan Lawley and Staff." What a perfect way to wind down the day. Thank you again for the Merlot!
Everything I needed for a relaxing vacation was in the suite--flat screen TV, microwave, coffee, dishes, washer and dryer (with soap), toiletries, free WIFI (but, if you're not on business, leave your laptop at home and use the lobby computer) and more. I don't miss that the resort doesn't have a full service restaurant, since there are so many good ones in Provo. Last year, Villa Del Mar promised continental breakfast. Well, Alan delivered! The complimentary breakfast is superb! Fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, cold cereals, juices, etc. This was perfect, and I didn't have to leave the property or bother with cooking breakfast while on a relaxing vacation. Especially since some of my nights were pretty late.
As I mentioned, I came for the Conch Festival. This year, Villa Del Mar had a shuttle to the Festival. For $65, I got round trip transportation and all the conch I could eat in a day. It was well worth it. If you haven't tried Conch, this is the place to do it. I loved the conch salads and specialties such as spring roll conch, conch pakora, coconut conch, sweet and sour conch, etc. This is really a wonderful event in Blue Hills. Next year, I will be sure to bring my bathing suit to hang out on the beach during the festivities. It is such a lively event for tourists and locals, which takes place on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Shucks, I may get the family together to celebrate Thanksgiving at Villa Del Mar. All we have to do is bring the food.
I love Villa Del Mar and Provo so much that I'm heading back in January. I think I'll stay a bit longer, grab some items from the supermarket and spend a couple of evenings enjoying the poolside, grilling steak and/or lobster, maybe even some conch. I'll ask Nadine, bartender at VDM's Tiki Bar, to concoct the perfect drink for my meals. She is fantastic!
A couple of things, Jet Blue service is pretty good going to Provo, too. And, once you arrive on Island, let Ozzie Virgil show you around. Villa Del Mar can call him up for you. He's the best!
Alan, Villa Del Mar rocks! Thank you again for showing that customer satisfaction is paramount at Villa Del Mar. Kudos to Tendra and the team, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales