We enjoyed our stay at West Bay Club! It's not in the middle of all of the Grace Bay hotels... which made me weary about booking it at first. But it is by far the best location if you decide to rent a car because it's centrally located to get to the roads to other areas of Provo that should not be missed--- Blue Hills, Turtle Cove, Sapodillo and Taylor Bay Beach, etc. We walked the whole beach and the beach on this end was cleaner, wider, and the chairs were nicely spaced out (unlike the more busier hotels like Beaches). We almost stayed at the Seven Stars because it was closer to the supermarket and Salt Mills and glad we didn't... if you pack smart, you won't need to purchase anything there (very overpriced) and the best restaurants and the true native shopping are a drive anyhow. I don't think we would've had such as great of a time had we not rented a car... and driving on the left side was not as bad as I'd imagined! (BTW, if you don't want to spend $10 for shotglass souveniers ... stay away from the main Gracebay shopping area, you may want to look for the Cultural Local Market... it's much more fun, too). WBC is not as expensive as some of the more posh hotels, but they offer more personalized service, safe parking, and all the amenities that the other hotels would offer. Save your money and stay here... spend on the car, restaurants (there's so many great ones to choose) and excursions--- and you will have an amazing time!
Before we left home, I had emailed the front desk our dinner reservations. When we arrived, we were offered the BEST rum punch on the island! Within 5 minutes of checking into our room, I received a call confirming our reservations and asking how everything was. One comment said there was no conceirge, however everyone at the front desk served as such and they now have a concierge table with lots of information. They were also very helpful in booking our fishing trips.
The beach staff was very friendly and accomodating, especially Charles and Wildy. They greeted us every time we came and went, offered to bring us a menu or drinks. Unfortunately, it was very cloudy and windy and the water was very cold while we were there, so we did not get to enjoy the beach as much as we hoped. We did like our oceanfront balcony and enjoyed the beach from there. Though we had a basic 1 bedroom (not the luxury suite), it was a good sized balcony and the room was large--- with a kitchen, dining, living and bedroom area. It was a unique floorplan with both direct views of the pool and ocean. Lots of light and had a nice airy feel. Only drawback was you couldn't see the sunrise or sunset from the room because these rooms were in the middle of the hotel. It was still a lovely, clean and modern room. It was well equipped. If you do plan to wash your clothes, the dryer is ventless so it takes forever and it is very noisy. It was still nice to have! The bathroom was nice... and unlike some other island hotels I've stayed, the water pressure was good and the water was HOT when you needed it!
The pool is nice, not gigantic... but you go here to experience the beach! However, given the weather we did wish it was a heated pool. I did not see a jacuzzi unless it was tucked away somewhere.
There are less than 50 rooms in this hotel, which is nice because it is not too crowded yet they offer all the amenities of a larger spa hotel. They have a decent fitness center, they offer spa services through a private service... Spa Tropique? They also offer yoga Tuesdays and Thursdays which we enjoyed. The internet is lightning fast! We were going to use the free cell phones (50 cents a minute), but one of our relatives recommended Skype. It was 8 cents a minute to call back to the states, and free if they have the application.
We had a few drinks from the Atlantic Grill but no food other than breakfast. The breakfast was nice... a little bit of everything (croissants, cereals, cheese, yogurt). On Wednesday they offered pancakes. Best pancakes ever! Thursday they offered eggs.
There was a good, friendly mix of families and couples and the room can comfortably fit a small family of four. WBC was also well equipped for children and there are lots of young families at TCI. We will be back and bring our kids. We were very pleased with our stay and would highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Evoline ltd, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales