WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Providenciales
Lake Mary, Florida
“Gorgeous and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I took a 5-day vacation (alone, no kiddos) to Turks and Caicos (TCI). As first time visitors, our expectations were high based on stories from our friends who had visited. What we were not ready for was how beautiful the water really is. No photo will do the water surrounding the TCI justice. We stayed in WBC, opted for the ocean front room (do it!) which was absolutely the best part. The room is large with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, free wifi (real wifi, not slow and useless), nice couch/seating area, flat screen TV's, great A/C, very comfortable bed, huge covered porch/patio with a view to die for. The service staff was very attentive, personable. Our stay included free buffet breakfast with all of the classics (eggs, bacon, fruit, bagels, various breads, cheeses, coffee, OJ, etc.) There is one restaurant on property where all meals are served.
We arrived on Thursday just in time to attend the "fish fry party" just a short walk past the Gansevoort hotel next door. This is a huge, fun time with live, loud music, festive dancing, great jerk chicken, rice and peas and free entry. On Friday evening, we enjoyed a very romantic and relaxing "buffet on the beach" put on by WBC right on the sand. The food was so delicious (don't miss the ribs!) and plentiful. The atmosphere at the buffet was classic and inviting.
We spent our days snorkeling, parasailing, jet-skiing and relaxing in the beautiful water. The WBC pool is a fresh water pool and also just right. We never felt crowded or pressured by the staff or other patrons.
The grounds are well maintained daily and we never saw anything out of order during our stay. The beach attendants will setup up the beach chairs with towels (at no additional charge) and will bus food and drinks at your will (well priced for the quality). Make time to visit Da Conch Shack for a low key place with great food. The cracked conch is to die for!!
The one warning I will give is that TCI is not a cheap place, in general, to visit. The taxi rides are costly (gas is $6.50 per gallon) so combine your trips and just ask your driver up front.

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean front room. Not only is it significantly larger being a one bedroom suite, bu...
      Location
2 Thank heliuman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Rose the Resort Cat!!! Any place that is this upscale and still opens up their hearts and has compassion for a little stray island cat gets out vote everytime. She is so well behaved and layed back, they even got her spayed(her little ears are notched to dictate this)...but she's just the tip of the iceberg at this place!
Full complimentary breakfast every morning with Cadet, Junior, Rose (the server, not the cat), Florence taking care of your every need with amazing smiles on thier faces. Front desk was amazing...Nodato, Kizzie...all awesome! They will take care of anything you need.
Beach was a dream. White sand, crystal clear waters, plenty of chairs, towels, umbrellas...William helped us everyday and sweet Jeffrey took us sailing. All sports equipment complimentary! Pool was the same. No crowds here. Everyone has their own space. It's awesome.
You really do need to rent a car. We did and were so thankful. People that had to take taxis spent more than we did renting a car for the week. We used Grace Bay Car Rentals. They were great!
Our room was spectacular! Full kitchen and washer/dryer AND amazing view! We always tip housekeeping at least $5 a day...hardest job in the entire resort and they deserve it and when you tip a little you do get taken care of a tiny bit better. Our room and toiletries were well taken care of daily.
Best meal was at Grace Cottage. AMAZIING. Magnolias is very good too. Best casual was Big Al's Burgers. Best pizza Bella Luna. Yes be prepared to pay HIGH prices for groceries or eating out. There's no escaping it. But hey EVERYTHING is imported to the island so it's understandable.
Concerned leaving such a great review will make WBC more popular and then I might have trouble getting a reservation next time but it wouldn't be fair not telling others how amazing this place is...hey that's how I found out about it.
This is the place we will always stay in the future when we visit Turks Caico's!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kim Katie T
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The West Bay Club is fantastic!! I stayed at the property Jul 6-10 and it was by far the best vacation my wife and I have ever had. The staff is first rate and the property and beach are fabulous. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. If rest and relaxation are what you are looking for in a vacay, look no further than the West Bay Club.

The stretch of beach on the property is unlike any I have seen. White sand beach with crystal clear calm water. No annoying rough surf and tide ala U.S. beaches. It was like looking through glass. Absolutely beautiful and the best on the island as far as I could tell. Since this is an upscale boutique hotel, there was no fighting over beach chairs. There were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas available no matter what time a day you came out. The beach staff of Woldy, William and Charles were great. They made it so I wanted for nothing. They were extremely friendly and courteuos. They made sure that my visit was memorable. If they weren't taking us out on the catamaran, they were offering up complementary snorkleing equipment and kayaks. They also brought everyone delicious parfaits and other treats. Those guys were always smiling and putting me in a great mood. Kudos to the beach staff. Also, the property is well manicured and empecably maintained. The pool area is wonderful and the pool itself was very nice. Again, plenty of lounge chairs and towels available. At night, the property is absolutely gorgeous. Also, comforting was the visible, but unobstrusive night security.

The bar staff, especially my new friend Shaquille, was awesome as well. The drinks had the right amount of kick and the bartenders were extremely friendly. The kitchen staff, especially during the free breakfast, was equally awesome. They were courteous, attentive and made sure all of my needs were met. My only minor complaint was at dinner. The kitchen was short staffed and my food took a little long to arrive and they forgot my plantains. However, when my jerk chicken arrived, it was outstanding with the nice punch of spice that I like. I also enjoyed Rose, the property kitty cat. She patroled the grounds at night and was so cute to have around. She only came around when she was called and did not bother those who did not want it.

The front desk staff was very kind and gracious. I want to especially recognize Kizzy and Kathy. They looked out for me and helped me out during a potentially uncomfortable situation when they really didn't have to. I really appreciate their assistance. WONDERFUL people!!

We stayed in a studio room that was spacious and had nice amenities such as a flat screen TV, loveseat, mini-safe, a mini-kitchen w/ a microwave, refrigerator, sink, flatwear and dishes and a washer/dryer combo. However, the free Wi-Fi was a bit spotty. The housekeeping staff was also very nice and efficent. The rooms were well cleaned, fresh linens daily, the trash was always emptied and the bed was turned up in a timely manner.

When you go to Turks & Caicos, be prepared to spend some nice cash on....EVERYTHING!! Things are expensive here as most things that are not locally produced have to be imported. I rented a car. If you don't, you will need to take taxis wherever you want to go and they can be pricey.

The restaurants we visited were all very good to outstanding. We visited Fresh Catch eatery in the Salt Mills for lunch. The Whopper grouper was delicious and the salads were excellent. Danny Bouys is a sports bar that reminded me of being home. Good food and plenty of TV's. The place was packed as the World Cup was on everday. For dinner, you must go to Mr. Grouper's and especially Coco Bistro. The chicken dish with indian curry, safron and rice was one of the best things I have EVER tasted. The ambiance is off the charts beautiful. A little pricey, but well worth it.

Finally, if you are looking for a fabulous vacation full of rest and relaxation with outstanding amenities and great customer service at a reasonable cost, you must visit the West Bay Club in Turks & Caicos. you will not be disappointed.

Rooms
1 Thank Terry B
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our second say at the West Bay Club. The property is immaculate and the staff is friendly and will do whatever is necessary to make your stay special. Our room was almost nicer than our home! Full kitchen with exellent (Circulon!) cookware and a grocery 5 minutes away. Also has full laundry facilities. The manager was "hands on" and took personal intrest in our needs. A wonderful 7 days in real paradice. The only downside is when the pool is populated with kids. There is no "kiddie pool" and one family can take over the pool from all of the adults with their "ball games" and make the pool a "hostile environment" for adults/singles due to lack of respect for people who don't have kids and don't want to be splashed by out of control children.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is best
      Cleanliness
Brea, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Beautiful grounds, rooms and pool area. Great, quiet stretch of beach! Some water sports to keep you busy and comfy lounge chairs at the pool and beach. Staff is friendly, quick to respond to calls, helpful with information and always smiling and willing to help. Only thing I would recommend is widening the food selection. We did not eat at the restaurant because we do not like that type of food. The bar/snack place on the beach was a nice location and had a nice setup but very limited food that did not appeal to me. Would definitely recommend this place to others.

Cleanliness
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We (husband and I) searched online and read many reviews of several properties before deciding on the West Bay Club. Like other reviewers have stated, the property does not have any retail shops or even a small shop to purchase essentials. You must drive or take a taxi (very expensive) to the few shopping areas on the island. That being said, staying here is totally worth giving up shops on site. The resort was post card perfect. The ocean front suites do not disappoint. Our balcony was very spacious and looked out on the beautiful blue water. Everything was very modern in the suite - we even had a separate laundry room.

Although the facility was five star - the staff is what made the stay over the top. EVERYONE was friendly, courteous, and eager to help. A couple stellar employees are Kat (Front Desk) and Steeve (Bar/Restaurant ). I can't say enough good things about Kat! Not only was she warm & welcoming, she took the time to make us feel comfortable and informed about the island as a whole. Wonderful employee. Give her a raise AND a promotion!!! Steeve was the best. He also went the extra mile!! He gave us great suggestions on restaurants etc., and made a point to stop by our table whenever we dined at the resort. He, too, should get a raise and promotion. The staff not only was a great extension of the resort, but made you feel like the island was welcoming and warm. We would definitely return and recommend others.

One suggestion: The resort should work out some discounted taxi rates for their guests. No place we went to was very far at all! This was extremely expensive and unnecessary. Two people (husband and friend) paid $240 in taxi fees for three trips to the golf course. $40 one way is ridiculous. Even that wouldn't stop us from returning to the West Bay Club!! Great vacation.
The Holmes' from Indiana

Room Tip: Be sure to stay ocean front side and stay on 3rd floor or higher for great views.
      Location
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was our first time traveling to the Caribbean or out of the U.S. as a family. We chose the best destination (TCI) to travel to, and the best resort (West Bay Club) at this destination. The West Bay Club, is the most perfect place to visit. Let me outline some different areas to give you an idea.

Rooms *** The rooms are amazing, spacious, and very clean. I was surprised to find out the resort was only six years old. Their housekeeping staff deserves an award. We are used to condos that are only cleaned by the people staying there, not a housekeeping staff that comes in and cleans each day. We were very impressed with how the housekeeping staff paid close attention to detail for each room in our condo. My family of four (me, wife, and two boys) stayed in a two bedroom suite that was magnificent. Both bedrooms had very comfortable king-sized beds, and each room had a TV with satellite, dresser, and DVD player. There was a very functional kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker, dishes and silverware, and a small sink and mini-fridge in our boy's room, along with a full bath with stand up shower. Our bathroom was quite large and spacious with double sinks, a sunken tub, toilet, and a stand up shower. The suite also had a third 1/2 bathroom in the hallway, a wonderful full kitchen, living room, dining room, and perfect balcony with a breathtaking ocean front view.

Breakfast *** This was complimentary with our stay. We had a choice of breads, yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheeses, bacon, sausage, cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and muffins that were served daily. We absolutely enjoyed the variety of breakfast options this place offered. Junior, Cadet, and Florence served us every morning with a smile and made us feel like we were someone extra special. This was an excellent way to begin each day.

Beach *** Amazing!!! The beach is soft, powdery-white sand and is one of the widest on Grace Bay. The beach staff go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. Sean, Jeffrey, Charles, Wildy, and William do an awesome job. They’re also in charge of all water sports and beach setup, but they also take the time to get you your drinks. I understand getting drinks is not in their job description and I told them on many occasions not to worry and that I could walk up to get what I ordered, but they always insisted to take care of everything for us. The water is crystal clear and calm due to a natural break off the shore quite a ways. This is by far the nicest beach we’ve ever been to. WBC is very fortunate to have Sean, Jeffrey, Charles, Wildy, and William work there. I’ve never met five men so happy with life, so happy to help us with everything each and every day. Thank you so much guys! Also, Shaquille needs to be recognized as well for being an outstanding bartender down at the beach. He always kept the energy flowing while mixing our drinks.

Pool *** The pool was very warm and the right size for the resort. It isn’t huge but it was quiet which was great. The pool area is well designed with areas for privacy and hammocks for the occasional nap.

Staff *** The West Bay Club truly has exceptional people who care about their guests. Asha did a great job explaining everything and showing us to our room upon our arrival. Florence, Junior, and Cadet were amazing each morning for breakfast. Cadet always came over to our table the moment he saw us and greeted us, asked how we were, and wanted to know what he could do for us. Shaquille was a star bartender on the beach. Jeffrey, Wildy, Sean, Charles, and William owned the beach like nobody's business! These guys made everyone feel like a king and queen. The WBC is a wonderful place to stay on TCI, but what makes WBC paradise is the staff that take amazing care of their guests. Thank you to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are most likely beautiful, but I believe ocean view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family