My wife and I took a 5-day vacation (alone, no kiddos) to Turks and Caicos (TCI). As first time visitors, our expectations were high based on stories from our friends who had visited. What we were not ready for was how beautiful the water really is. No photo will do the water surrounding the TCI justice. We stayed in WBC, opted for the ocean front room (do it!) which was absolutely the best part. The room is large with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, free wifi (real wifi, not slow and useless), nice couch/seating area, flat screen TV's, great A/C, very comfortable bed, huge covered porch/patio with a view to die for. The service staff was very attentive, personable. Our stay included free buffet breakfast with all of the classics (eggs, bacon, fruit, bagels, various breads, cheeses, coffee, OJ, etc.) There is one restaurant on property where all meals are served.
We arrived on Thursday just in time to attend the "fish fry party" just a short walk past the Gansevoort hotel next door. This is a huge, fun time with live, loud music, festive dancing, great jerk chicken, rice and peas and free entry. On Friday evening, we enjoyed a very romantic and relaxing "buffet on the beach" put on by WBC right on the sand. The food was so delicious (don't miss the ribs!) and plentiful. The atmosphere at the buffet was classic and inviting.
We spent our days snorkeling, parasailing, jet-skiing and relaxing in the beautiful water. The WBC pool is a fresh water pool and also just right. We never felt crowded or pressured by the staff or other patrons.
The grounds are well maintained daily and we never saw anything out of order during our stay. The beach attendants will setup up the beach chairs with towels (at no additional charge) and will bus food and drinks at your will (well priced for the quality). Make time to visit Da Conch Shack for a low key place with great food. The cracked conch is to die for!!
The one warning I will give is that TCI is not a cheap place, in general, to visit. The taxi rides are costly (gas is $6.50 per gallon) so combine your trips and just ask your driver up front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales