“Location, service and atmosphere”
Review of West Bay Club

West Bay Club
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed March 11, 2014

West Bay club was a perfect choice for my girlfriend and I. We wanted something low key with excellent service. The team at west bay club delivered, big time.

We were greeting with rum punch by the excellent staff out front. The beach services were on point. Charles and his crew took care of business and addressed us by first name. In my opinion some of the most attentive and respectful people we have met on the island. James and his boys at the bar took care of the drinks and the food. If your looking for a great lunch spot ask James about the conch shack, John Wayne was am incredible host! Highly recommend meeting head chef Joseph- he made a meal for us that was out of this world, ask for the conch chowder!

All in all an amazing experience elevated by the amazing staff. -Robert Doyle

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Rdoyle19
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I refuse to believe that there can be any place more beautiful and relaxing than the West Bay Club on Grace Bay. My wife and I spent a week in paradise and are soon returning, making this our annual vacation.

I was suspicious when the WBC promised us an ocean view room. Upon arriving, I realized how easy it was for them to deliver. Except for the studio units, every room has a full, wide view of the ocean. We could enjoy the watching the water from our private balcony in our basic one-bedroom unit.

The WBC beach access sets it apart from the rest of the Grace Bay resorts. We could not appreciate how sparsely populated our area of the beach was until we walked the distance of Grace Bay and saw how crowded most of the other resorts were.

Room Tip: Every room has a great, unobstructed view of the ocean, except for the studio units.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael O
Reviewed March 10, 2014

An outstanding hotel. The room we selected for our 6-night stay was a 1200 sq ft ocean view one beadroom suite. The closet space was fabulous for 2 people - best I've seen in a long time. Great balcony to read out of the sun facing the ocean, and very comfortable couch for reading inside. The kitchen was excellent, and well-supplied with cookware, flatware, plates, and glasses. Good dining room table. Excellent cleaning service, super-nice staff at the beach and pool. We ate at their restaurant the first night, and it was competent. The breakfast is excellent (but starts a bit later than the listed time). It is a 2-1/2 mile walk to the town, and we did that once via the road and once via the beach (took taxis back). We rented a car for one day - that was about right. Three quite good restaurants are at neighboring properties. The property next door has a good fitness class. Good snorkling just a short walk up the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a wonderful 4-night stay at the West Bay Club.

We stayed in the one bedroom studio. While smaller than the other options, it was perfect for us, as we didn't spend much time in it. It was a decent size with a clean, fresh feeling to it. My favorite part of our room was the big, glass shower - it felt very luxurious. I also thought it smelled great - every time we came back into it, it smelled wonderful - I don't know if it's the cleaning products or if they spray something. They only thing I wish it had was a full-length mirror.

The breakfast every morning was great - eggs, breakfast meats, a variety of fresh fruits, little smoothie shooters, yogurts, cereal, muffins, etc.

The pool was lovely. Some of the other reviews said it was small, but I felt it was the perfect size and matched the size of the resort. While we were there, the pool had a lot of kids in it in the morning, but by the afternoon it had cleared out and we had it all to ourselves.

The beach setup was great - nice chairs and friendly attendants. We were able to get scuba gear from them, and they helped us take a kayak out.

The location of the hotel on the beach is perfect - in between two great snorkeling areas, and walking distance to the park where the Thursday night island fish fry is held. There are also some good restaurants within walking distance - including "Somewhere Cafe". As we walked the beach, we realized how wide West Bay Club's stretch of beach is, compared to the resorts down by Beaches.

We found everyone we encountered - the front desk staff, housekeeping, beach attendants, servers - warm, friendly and welcoming.

I definitely recommend the West Bay Club and would love to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovelettertypewriter
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here last week for 7 days. We had a one bedroom ocean front suite 103B. We could walk out of our porch right onto the beach walkway. The staff were all great and seemed truly happy to have us there, unlike some other islands we have been. Special shout outs to Kizzy on the front desk, William, Charles and Sean on the beach, and Roger in the restaurant. Kizzy hooked me up with Ocean Vibes for scuba diving 2 days. They picked me up from the hotel and were a great outfit. My wife did a snorkel trip right from our beach which she loved. We used the paddle-boards, kayaks, and the Hobie Cat, all included. The beach was one of the widest we saw on the whole island, great location.The included breakfast was a full buffet and very good. The pool area was awesome. Mosquitoes are a problem on the whole island so bring bug spray. I'd go back and stay in the same room if I could!

Room Tip: Ground floor 103B beach front. Felt very safe and easy access to the beach.
2  Thank Skinsfan6
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We just got back from an amazing trip in Turks and Caicos and I wish I could go back right now! Our stay at the West Bay Club was good. We were greeted with rum punch and a cool towel right off the bat. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They were always more than willing to suggest places to dine, arrange for a cab, set up your beach spot, make your water sport reservation etc. I have no complaints about the staff, especially the people at the front desk and the boys at the beach (Wildy, Sean & Charles were amazing!) We thoroughly enjoyed the free breakfast every morning along with the Tuesday night cocktail hour and appetizers.

The beach activities (snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing, & biking) kept us occupied for hours every day. Charles was nice enough to take us out on the Hobie Cat and show us around for awhile! The hotel and beaches are very clean. We spent the majority of our time on the white sand beaches overlooking the clear turquoise water. It doesn't get better than that!

Our room was a studio non ocean view room. I wasn't thrilled with the spot that we were in because our view was of some bushes. I knew when I booked the room that it wasn't going to be an ocean view, but I wanted something a little better (pool, courtyard, etc.) We also had a mosquito problem which seemed to be taken care of the last day of our trip (after my boyfriend had about 30 bites). I think that the atmosphere of this hotel is geared towards an older crowd (65-80) not really for couples in their mid 20's to early 30's. Regardless we really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return to Turks & Caicos!!

Room Tip: Try to request a room that is NOT on the 1st floor. We found out with one night left that those roo...
3  Thank Blaire1986
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed 4 nights at West Bay Club. I have no complaints at all...nothing but great things to say. The hotel staff were very welcoming and instantly make you feel at home. The beach service was excellent, many thanks to Wildy and Sean for taking such good care of us. The beach chairs are super comfortable. The beach is quiet and relaxing. The food at Stix (the beachside restaurant) and The Atlantic Grill (poolside) was excellent. The hotel grounds are beautiful. Do not hesitate to stay here!! It's well worth it!

1  Thank MWfamily4