The location is absolutely breathtaking. The beach is just a few steps from the rooms and the sand is like powdered sugar. Walking into the ocean there wasn't ANY rocks or seaweed, just pristine sand and crystal clear water. There is a coral reef (Bright Reef) less than a five minute walk down the beach that had some great snorkeling. We saw sea turtles and a ton of beautiful fish that come right up to you. We snorkeled there 4 times during our trip. It was nice to have the reef so close by. The WBC also had snorkels, fins, kayaks, and paddle boards for you to use free of charge. The hotel itself felt very safe and was incredibly clean.
It was considered "off season" when we stayed so the hotel was pretty empty. Kind of creepy how empty it was as if there was something wrong with the hotel but I assure you that there isn't! A breakfast buffet is included in the price but since it was empty we got anything we wanted off the breakfast menu. We only ate at the hotel for breakfast but the food was very good; enough options for a weeks worth of breakfast.
Staff was incredibly nice and accommodating although not too willing to spark up a conversation. The guys working on the beach (William was one of them) were AMAZING. They attended to our every need and really made us feel welcome. William got us our same chairs on the beach every morning and brought us our daily pina coladas and lunch :) He also offered paddle board advice when we just couldn't get the hang of it :) The staff was also great at recommending places to eat and the best excursions (we would absolutely recommend doing Provo Ponies and a snorkeling trip with Island Vibes... so much fun!!)
Since the hotel was empty and we were on our honeymoon we were hoping we would have been upgraded to an ocean view room but this was not the case. We were told it would have been an additional $150/night for the upgrade. Pretty disappointing since the entire beach-front rooms were dark every single night we were there. Also since we were on our honeymoon we were looking forward to some cute details that every honeymooner dreams of (rose petals on the floor, "congratulations" written on your dessert, two glasses of champagne, etc). These are things we were looking forward to since we can never re-do our honeymoon. Every afternoon when we came back to our room I had my fingers crossed that we would have something sweet to help celebrate our marriage but it never came. If this is something that is important to you I would suggest staying at Beaches or Sandals.. places that specialize in romance. We were invited to a management cocktail hour and on the invitation that was delivered to our room it said "To Mr. Blank and Guest".... not very romantic and a huge oversight on the WBC in our opinion.
We booked this trip on a whim and felt pretty lucky that we had such an amazing experience. We won't hesitate to recommend this hotel to our family and friends and will definitely be returning. However, if you are on a romantic trip (honeymoon, anniversary) and want the royal treatment, I would look into another hotel, unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales