My husband and I recently had an excellent stay at the West Bay Club. I relied heavily on TripAdvisor in making my hotel selection and I am happy to report that all of the good reviews of this place are accurate. As first time visitors to the island, we wanted a full service hotel that was close to offshore snorkeling. When researching prices, WBC appeared to give the most value for the price paid. We reserved our room online directly with the hotel for approximately $400/per night plus tax and service. This rate was part of a stay four/pay for three special. Because the hotel requires three nights deposit to reserve, I had already paid in full for our hotel before our arrival (with the exception of tax/service charge).
Due to a computer error when we checked in, the front desk staff was under the impression that our room rate was over $1,000 per night. The staff automatically assumed that I was wrong and tried to explain to me how I must have misunderstood my reservation, instead of double checking their information before addressing the situation. After showing them my printed confirmation and some tense moments, one of the women at the front desk finally pulled out a calculator and discovered that the check in computer had made an error and that my confirmation reflected the correct paid in full rate. Although this was resolved within 10 minutes and the remainder of my experience with the front desk was pleasant, it left me with a bad feeling since I spent several anxious minutes panicking that they were not going to honor the rate that I reserved and that my vacation was about to cost me more than double what I had thought. Upon further reflection, it also occurred to me that in all my research, I had never seen our particular room category advertised as over $1,000 per night and felt that the front desk should have realized this before creating a stressful situation.
As soon as I saw our room, my anxiety started to subside. We reserved a regular one bedroom room. I had been on the fence about wanting to upgrade to the luxury – but decided to save the money. We were happy with our decision – and while I’m sure the view from a luxury room is breathtaking, the ocean view from the one bedroom balcony was more than sufficient. The unit was over 1000 sq ft., complete with three balconies (one oceanfront, two pool view), washer/dryer, full kitchen (although half size fridge), two flat screen tvs and a full dining room table with ocean/pool views.
There are complimentary bikes for guests to use – which we took to the IGA on our second day. It is about a 10-15 minute bike ride. Continental breakfast was complimentary with a spread of breads, pastries, yogurt and fresh fruit. Nothing fancy but sufficient.
The beach is BEAUTIFUL! We felt that it was much quieter and wider than the beach in front of other hotels. We loved all of the free water sports such as the Hobie Cat, paddleboards and windsurfing. The beach attendants were great, especially Eduardo, who gave my husband and I several lessons in windsurfing and was a very patient teacher. The beach attendants came around with fresh cut watermelon each day, which was a great touch. It was about a 5-10 min walk down the beach to snorkeling, which we enjoyed.
The location of the hotel makes it necessary to rent a car or take taxis. We decided to rely on taxis – and spent approximately $10 to $13 each way (not including tip) to go to various restaurants. We spent $20 each way to and from the airport. On our first day, we ate lunch at Stelle, which is next door at the Gansevoort. We never ate at the WBC’s restaurant.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the WBC and hope to return some day in the future. Based on what we saw of other hotels, WBC is the perfect combination of high end amenities, good value and a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Booking.com, West Indies, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales