“Exceptional Value”

Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
london
“Exceptional Value”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Having been to Provo, Turks & Caicos Isles several times, I found it refreshing to stay in such an exceptionally well priced newly built hotel. Rooms had good proportions and they were very well laid out, with high spec fittings. Grace Bay Suites is very well located, right next to the best eatery/bar on the Island, the Irish Pub, Danny Bouys, it's also only a few minutes walk to the beach, and adjacent to all the shops and restaurants.
The owner Rahul Lakhani is always on hand to give advise on what to do and see, he is always checking up on his guests well being. I felt at home at the Grace Bay Suites, I will definitely go back and recommend it to all fellow travellers.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank aksun10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2009

GRACE BAY SUITES

Grace Bay Suites is a very clean and modern property on Providenciales. It sits a bit inland and the three story property has large and comfortable units. All of the units look towards a small pool, which is clean and inviting.

My room was large, with a comfortable bed and quality air-conditioning. It had an adequate fridge, microwave and coffeemaker with a small sink in the main room. The bathroom is very nice as well.

The owner was helpful with all of our questions, and the desk staff was available and attentive. He advised us of the beach access that is walking distance from the hotel, and he does have bike rentals.

Very convenient to the property is an Irish Bar and restaurant, pizza joint, awesome sushi restaurant, some retail (that I didn’t investigate), ATM, liquor store, car rental and a very impressive supermarket and café. The supermarket has a wonderful deli for take-away sandwiches and wraps. These things are all within walking distance.

The room is internet friendly (wireless and high speed cable) and there is a TV with plenty of stations (local South Florida).

I like to kite, and it is just a short drive from the kite beach on Long Bay Beach (Roger can lead you there … it’s right by The Shore Club).

As a pilot on a few day layover, it is a perfect property. Everything I need is a quick walk away. I can get work done on the internet and the bed was pretty comfy. The property is very clean. If you are looking for a romantic, full service, pina-colada delivered to you poolside – it’s not for you. It suits the more mobile types that can appreciate a great home base, with all the support you would need for a great vacation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank skydriver
Philly
Reviewed August 24, 2009

The GBS is a new/clean/nice boutique hotel... we visited in the office season, so it was quiet, but you could definitely appreciate the amenities and potential of the place. The rooms were tidy, spacious and had modern amenities (flat screen TV, rain shower head, kitchenette). The pool was simple but a great way to cool off after the beach. Danny Buoys, the Irish Pub, was across the lot and convenient for a snack or a swift half. A few feet further, lies the Salt Mills, with shopping, eateries and a wine bar. About a half mile away, you can find a bike/scooter rental place and a grocery store. Bottom line - If you are looking to head to Provo and want to spend $ on excursions and dining and are looking for a kick-butt value place to stay, consider the GBS.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank noel2977
New Jersey
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My friends and I stayed here for five days and were quite impressed with the decent size of the room and its amenities, the central location of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, and the generally pleasant presentation of the property itself. We got so much more than we expected for the price we paid. The only downside would be that the property manager isn't always on duty so there's no real "concierge" service.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank ppatel02
Bahamas
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I had a lovely time staying at the Grace Bay Suites, we actually went to Turks for a Wedding Moon. We initally planned a beach one, but there was a little rain so we did it right at the hotel by the pool which was just as lovely. I loved the hotel room, except I would have preferred a shower and bath tub, instead of just a shower in the bathroom. I liked the eco-friendly style of when we leave the rooms the power is shut down until you get back and place your key in the power supply, conserving energy I guess. The new Gourmet store that opened a few weeks ago is about a block from the hotel, which my husband and I and the baby took delight in walking too everyday to stock up on snacks,,etc. There are at least 6 restuarants/dining places in the immediate hotel area where we stayed, all are nice and the dining is a bit costly so be prepared. Danny Buoys was a nice Irish resturant/pub,,,we ate out at least four times while we were there. The beach is across the road from the hotel there is an access path on the side of the other luxury hotels that's right on the beach,,,,beautiful beaches,,,heavenly. In a nut shell we had a fantastic, memorable magical time!! We didn't go out much at nights, we stayed in and watched cowboys round the clock (my husbands favourite thing) and I read and lounged around the pool alot, my favourite thing,,,,

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple