Grace Bay Suites
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$411
$365
Hotels.com
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$799
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$680
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$370
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$419
Hotels.com
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$578
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,700
$612
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$470
$448
Orbitz.com
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,000
Orbitz.com
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$855
All reviewsdanny buoysgrocery storeminute walkwestjet vacationsgrace baycoffee makersalt millswifi is freefridge and microwavehuge showerother hotelsbeach chairsthe sofa bedexpensive islandfresh catchhotel roomsmall kitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Centrally located on Grace bay, this nice and cozy hotel offers everything you need to spend a great vacation in Providenciales. The rooms are clean, spacious and the small kitchenette is very useful. The view on the swimming pool area is very pleasant and the beach is only 300 meters from the hotel. A special thank to Kevin and Oren for their precious advice and help. EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank iee2000
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Just so you know. There's nothing wrong with the hotel itself. It's kind of Motel 6 - style budget basic but in a tropical paradise. Beach is not 5 minutes walk, didn't time it but it's a bit longer than that. Beautiful though. Staff are friendly, no criticism here. Just the location, behind the parking lot of a busy restaurant with tone deaf singing well past one ayem... True the grocery store is not too far to walk, the closeness of shops is a plus...

Room Tip: small 24 room hotel on 3 floors, no elevator, so if you have accessibility issues you know what you have to ask for!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dads55
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Grace Bay Suites. For the price, it is a very good deal, with clean rooms and an excellent location. There are restaurants and a grocery store within easy walking distance, and the beautiful beach is located one short block away from the motel. There are a limited number of beach chairs and umbrellas provided by the motel but you do need to get there early in the day or they are all reserved by other guests. For the most part, the staff were excellent - friendly and helpful. We did find it very disconcerting that every single day when we returned to our room, the maid would have left our room unlocked and the door would not be fully closed. This was particularly troubling because we were on the first floor which accesses immediately off of the parking lot - a parking lot that is shared with Danny Buoys pub and its customers. Also, Kevin was kind of uncommunicative at first. We asked him how to get to the beach - he waved across the road and said the beach is on the other side of those buildings, but didn't tell us how to get there. We asked if there was a sign to indicate which beach chairs belonged to Grace Bay Suites, he acted disgusted with our question and said No, but offered no explanation as to how we would know where to sit! Fortunately, when we went exploring, the people in the town were extremely friendly and quickly showed us how to get to the beach, and other guests at our motel showed us where the Grace Bay Suites chairs and umbrellas were situated. As the week wore on, Kevin became much friendlier and easier to talk to but we were quite surprised by our first contact with him. The rest of the staff were super friendly all the time. The room itself was clean, roomy, and for the most part, well-equipped. We did find it odd that although the kitchenette had a microwave, there were no microwave-safe bowls. The only thing you could use in the microwave were the mugs. However, having access to the pool-side BBQ was a great asset. We had read beforehand about the noise from Danny Buoys and yet were still surprised by the volume and how late at night the noise continued. It probably wouldn't have been so loud except for the fact that the weather-stripping around our door was missing in large sections, which not only let in a fair amount of noise, but also quite a few mosquitoes. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were VERY high. I read one review that recommended we bring our own pillows and I thought they must be exaggerating. I wish I had listened. The pillows were so high that I actually took a rolled-up towel and used it as a pillow after the first night. One of the other couples commented that their towels were really ratty - we actually had nice fluffy white towels in our room so it sounds like every room might vary in how well they are supplied. Over all, the motel is what it is - a clean budget accommodation with a few great perks - mainly the beach chairs/umbrellas, the pool-side BBQ, the small but lovely garden area around the pool, and the excellent location. The pool is "cute" but be forewarned, way smaller than it looks on the website. Fortunately, we had no plans to use the pool as we love the ocean so that didn't matter to us but if you were looking for a great pool, this might be a disappointment. We probably would not go back to this motel - mainly because I am a wimp about one thing: I love hot water for a shower! And it was such a disappointment that no matter what time of day, the water was at best slightly warmer than luke-warm. I actually boiled water in a kettle in order to wash our dishes because it was no way near hot enough to wash dishes. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do about the shower, and that is just such a disappointment for me personally. When I wake up in the morning, or when I come in from the beach, I like to have a nice hot shower to wash off the sand, and all we could get was lukewarm water no matter what time of day we tried. But I'm sure for many people it would not be a big deal, just for me it was a deal-breaker.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bellainontario
Reviewed December 16, 2012

OMG, the GBS is an awesome place to stay. The staff are wonderful and extremely helpful: I have to thank Kevin for taking the time to be interested in how our day was going and sharing his insights into the TCI way of life, this enriched our stay. The location of this hotel is ideal, close to all amenities, including the grocery store, which, if your trying to keep cost down, is a good thing. The kitchenettes in the suites offer basic dishes, cutlery, sink, microwave, toaster, coffee machine (with daily coffee), and refridgerator, all you really need for preparing basic meals. The community barbecue is a bonus and worked out nicely for us when all we wanted to do was have a little something to eat after a long day of exploring. The rooms are clean and tidy (Mandy does a great job!) and the hotel supports a 'go green' program. I particularly like the idea that our key card to the room also acted as our 'power card' for the room, no wasting electricity and I always knew where the room key was! The beds and pillows were oh so awesome. I am truly a fussy sleeper, extremely particular about beds, pillows and beding and this hotel gets seven stars in this category. I slept so comfortably well. GBS is very well kept, it is obvious that routine maintenance is a priority, this hotel really strives to ensure that everything is in good working order and that their guests are comfortable: There is a level of pride taken in their service delivery. We, without a doubt, would stay here again and again, and recommend to family and friends. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank maaya1
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was the 2nd time my wife and I had visited T&C, last time we stayed at Villa Del Mar.

If you’re a light sleeper like me, I was worried about the noise coming from Danny Buoys located next to the hotel but it was only a couple of nights where they had the live music, and after a little while I was able to drown it out. What I couldt drown out was the air conditioner, not the noise while it was on, that was fine, it’s just that the start and stop motion of it I kept waking up every time it would turn on, but maybe there is a setting where it could be kept on a “low” status where it stays on the whole time. I was lucky because it wasn’t as hot at night so after the first couple of nights I simply kept it off. The bed is comfortable however the pillows are quite thick and my head was too high so if you like lower/flatter pillows bring your own. The TV was great, had more channels here than I do back home ! But other than the AC and Pillows, the fridge and microwave was a HUGE help in terms of keeping overall costs down and being able to bring cold drinks to the beach , what also helped was the free ice the hotel offered in the main reception area which was great as I added ice to my already cold drinks and with a little collapsible cooler had cold drinks on the beach throughout the day! There is also towel service available from the reception area where you pick up towels for the day and just drop them off at night. The free wi-fi in the room was great and worked the whole time I was there, what was even an awesome bonus was the fact that the section of the beach where grace bay suites is located I was able to pick up FREE wi-fi from Regent Suites or Seaside Café without the need of having their password ! so I was downloading music while on the beach and didn’t get to any of my novels!. Again, for more than 1/3rd the price of the other 2 hotels you are in between you are enjoying the exact same beach and those hotels are not busy at all so its really more private then many of the larger resort areas. The only bad part was the fact that GBS had a few broken chairs and there were only 5 available with 3 umbrellas, even though it is a public beach, the other hotels are very protective of their space so there may be an issue if there are more people at the hotel who need chairs/shade. I loved the fact that GBS was located in the heart of where many restaurants, shops and cafes are, last year we stayed in a hotel that required a car for most of the time to go eat out, this time we walked to most restaurants and only rented a car for 1 day to visit taylor bay and sailing paradise and chinson restaurants. The graceway gourmet is a 5 minute walk away and they are open 7am to 9pm everyday which was quite convenient for getting your morning coffee/cappuccino and breakfast treats, but I would strongly recommend getting your breakfast treats from Caicos Bakery located in the same plaza as where caicos café is and is maybe a 7 minute walk to the hotel. You could also use the 2 bikes the hotel gives you to visit these places as they give you a lock to lock them up, we used the bikes to bike to Smokey’s restaurant one day. The front desk staff were great and helpful and always reachable either by phone or in person, no matter what time of day it was I always seemed to see Kevin around, I really don’t know if he ever has time to himself but he made me feel comfortable knowing he was always around. There is a cute pool but I never used it and there is also a big barbecue for guests to use. I really don’t have any reasons as to why I wouldn’t return to this hotel other than the fact of just trying something different, I think ports of call would be comparable in terms of price and they have the benefit of being closer to IGA but I cant comment on anything else really since I don’t know much about it but would be happy to stay at GBS again !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple