Grace Bay Suites is a nice 5 minute walk to the beach. Because it is set back, it is more quiet, and much less expensive than the beach front hotels.
Our room was on the 3rd floor, it had a fridge, a nice modern bathroom, and unusually spacious with a high ceiling, and a good size veranda. My main dissatisfaction was the irregular cleaning of our room and new bed sheets. Make sure when you book the hotel to get a clear answer as to the cleaning of the room, and the cleaning policy and make sure they stick to what they say. This was the only issue. Having twice written the Manager, Kevin, I was assured that a new and clearer policy had been put in place, after we left.
I think that everything else about Grace Bay Suites is positive and well worth planning into your trip. It's a nice light & breezy hotel, especially if you leave your door open a crack when you are in the room, you get a nice through-breeze. And the price was better than most other places I found after much research. Especially if you get one of their specials, like extra free days depending on how many days you book for. Call them directly and ask them if they have a special going on.
We had a good time there, slept very well, had free internet which worked fine. I rented my vehicle from Tropical Car Rentals which I especially liked as many of their car & SUV models are quite new and in good shape.
It IS worth to go to North Caicos by the TCI ferry and stay at the Pelican Beach hotel if you can't get a (more expensive but well worth it) villa at Mudgin Bay. Make sure you go to Daniel's restaurant on Middle Caicos and walk the by-the-sea-dirt road-beautiful. We spent 2 days on North & Middle Caicos and rented (old) vehicles from EZ car rental. He was a jokster which I didn't like, but he was also reliable and fair when it came to pricing and taking care of your car rental needs.
Finally on Grand Turk, we stayed at Island House, run by Donna which was superb and wonderful and my favorite. Believe it or not the best swimming beach on Grand Turk is the one where the Cruise ships come in! It also has some good shopping. Most of the other beaches are more rocky on GK and we drove around and tried a few. And I didn't mind the tourists at all, this surprised me. Actually everybody is there to have a good time as I am and we are! Happy traveling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Bay Suites is Provo's newest affordable hotel located in the heart of Provo's Golden Mile, less than a 5 minute stroll from world renowned Grace Bay Beach. The hotel features 18 Studios and 6 one bedroom suites. All with private patio or balcony facing the swimming pool. All rooms are spacious and comfortable with modern facilities including a small kitchenette, wall-mounted flat screen TV in each room and large walk-in shower. Room Service is available from Danny Buoy's Irish Restaurant and Pub located on the same property as Grace Bay Suites. You could not stay in a better location on Providenciales. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, dive and tour operators, spas and lots more within easy walking distance from the hotel, a fitness club next door, Provo's 18-hole championship golf course within a mile. We are all about comfort, convenience and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grace Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Suites Turks And Caicos/Providenciales