“I Understand Why They Are Always Booked”
Review of Coco Bistro

Coco Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set amidst the largest palm grove on the island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Coco Bistro is a food lover's fantasy in a one-of-a-kind setting. Located in the heart of Grace Bay, within walking distance from most resorts, Coco Bistro serves fresh local cuisine under a starlit sky and swaying coconut palms. Complementing the delightful island ambience is a culinary experience considered among the best in Turks and Caicos. Starting with the freshest local ingredients and enhanced by the skills and imagination of executive chef/owner, Stuart Gray, Coco Bistro stands out as a 'must visit' by visitors and residents. Gray has earned a reputation for consistently creating, fresh, flavorful Caribbean cuisine and his personal attention to every detail ensures an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The ambiance, service and food were outstanding. I had the grilled lobster on a bed of rice with a side of vegetables and my wife had the "catch of the day". She said her fish dish was one of the best she has EVER had because it was seasoned and cooked to perfection. My lobster was equally outstanding but because it was prepared in a straightforward manner it is hard to argue whether it was better or worse than any other respectable restaurant. The service was prompt, polite and effective. The ambiance was wonderful with its outdoor seating surrounded by palm trees and glowing lanterns. Very romantic. This is a "Must Do" if you visit the island.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,408)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I agree that this is one of the best restaurants we ate at while we were on the island but I just expected the food to be better. The service was great and the atmosphere was romantic, I just wasn't overly impressed by the flavors of the food for the $. Yes it was fresh and it was cooked properly but the flavors were just a little bland given what I was expecting from all the hype on TA. On an island with so many restaurants with romantic settings and good service, the flavors and the prices left me wondering my this place was so popular.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is an outdoor dining experience set within palm trees. As long as there is no rain, dining at Coco Bistro is extra special. I ordered the tuna sashimi as an appetizer and believe it was the most tasteful and artistic preparation of tuna that I have every had. Others in my party enjoyed the conch 2 ways, reporting that both were delicious. We would also recommend the snapper, the tuna with wasabi and the lobster. Read your menu carefully as some of the more creative offerings may use spices that change the flavor of your food significantly from what you are used to tasting. Having read the other reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to come here during our recent 5 day visit. Coco Bistro is clearly very popular and we had some difficulty getting a reservation. We would recommend setting up your visit up on the day you arrive in Turks and Caicos.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

WOW wife and i had our 45th wedding annivasary dinner at the coco bistro at grace bay. the outside dining setting was just incredible and everything was perfect. we have been to many restaurants thru out the world but this restaurant was and is the best we,ve encounted. my wife had the lamb chops and after having them from new zealand to madam janetts in aruba ,she proclaimed them the best ever . i had the 16oz steak and it too was one of the best i have ever eaten . the staff was outstanding from our waitress josephfina to the manager whose name i have forgotten was top notch. for desert , DO NOT MISS the coconut pie . semper fi

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Coco Bistro on our vacation this summer. It has a great ambiance - outdoor dining with candles on the tables and palm trees all around. The menu has lots of delicious caribbean-inspired options. We especially enjoyed playing with the restaurant's cat who wanders around to the guests during the night. Not too expensive for the area - you would probably pay more for a nice dinner at a resort. We would definitely go back!