“The best food on the island!”
Review of Coco Bistro

Coco Bistro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set amidst the largest palm grove on the island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Coco Bistro is a food lover's fantasy in a one-of-a-kind setting. Located in the heart of Grace Bay, within walking distance from most resorts, Coco Bistro serves fresh local cuisine under a starlit sky and swaying coconut palms. Complementing the delightful island ambience is a culinary experience considered among the best in Turks and Caicos. Starting with the freshest local ingredients and enhanced by the skills and imagination of executive chef/owner, Stuart Gray, Coco Bistro stands out as a 'must visit' by visitors and residents. Gray has earned a reputation for consistently creating, fresh, flavorful Caribbean cuisine and his personal attention to every detail ensures an exceptional dining experience.
“The best food on the island!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited Coco Bistro our last night on the island and it was easily the best meal we ate during our stay. The atmosphere was beautiful and we didn't have a problem with bugs, though others may want to bring bug spray - the restaurant is in the middle of a coconut grove. The servers were very kind and attentive, but most importantly the food was excellent!

• Visited September 2013

regina
“Fraud!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

1st off I won't say everything was bad at this place. The food is good but for the price nothing to brag about. The atmosphere is nice being that is it outside. The service was nothing special and we frequently had to flag someone down to get more water served to our table. The biggest complaint is that they stole money from us. Upon receiving our bill I went to the front to pay so as to not let my card leave my sight. I filled out the paper copy and signed and left the restaurant. When I got home and received my credit card statement I found out the bill was way more then I remembered. I got a hold of the owner and asked them for a copy of my bill. He sent it back to me and it was clearly altered. They wrote right over my numbers with their own altering the bill and making me pay more on top of what I agreed to pay. After contact with the owner they were willing to do nothing about the situation or take responsibility, I simply wanted them to admit they altered my bill and reimburse the added amount. Mastercard even said the bill was altered and it looked like fraud because the numbers over my original writing were not even initialled. Would not recommend this place to anyone as it is nothing special food wise there are many more local restaurants we preferred and no-one else stole our money and did any kind of fraudulent activity. Stay away or be aware

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank tyler m
Steven M, General Manager at Coco Bistro, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We take this allegation very seriously and therefore we were very diligent when you contacted us and checked our records to see where the problem could be. I then emailed you directly a copy of the signed receipt. When the receipt was signed for the tip did look unclear so the waiter asked you to also sign the tip section which you did.

I am therefore very surprised that you have written this review accusing the staff of fraud. As I said before I would have been happy to refund the tip if when arriving home you now feel that you have over tipped. To make an allegation such as this is ridiculous.

Thanks and kind regards,

Turks & Caicos Islands
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Bring Bug Spray”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Apply bug spray before heading out. Apply bug spray when you get there. Reapply bug spray while seated. It is tucked away from the hustle of the hotel boardwalks surrounding the Beach .Surrounded by massive palm fronds and twinkling white lights,it's a nice change from the built in hotel restaurants. The food was fine, staff did their job. TheCoco Bistro house kitty
Might come to your table to sing for his supper. Sweet guy. I might check out other restaurant before coming back, but not half bad, the atmosphere is what brings people in after a long day at the beach

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Moonwalk02
“Average food, high prices”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is stunning. Romantic setting under palm trees. The food was nothing fantastic and the prices were very high. Next time we will save our money for something else.

Visited September 2013
Green Brook, New Jersey
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had the coconut magarita which was fantastic! The serve their homemade bread with olive oil and balsamic which you must try! Lobster taco for app was great too. I had the mahi curry dinner with basmati rice and veggies. My date had the ribeye steak which was good too and cooked exactly liked he asked. The dessert menu seemed great too but we were too full!!! The atmosphere is great, surrounded by palm trees and candles lit on each table. We are here during their slower month so I do recommend making s reservation because they still had every table filled tonight! Definitely worth the money spent!

Visited September 2013