“Must go!”
Review of Coco Bistro

Coco Bistro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set amidst the largest palm grove on the island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Coco Bistro is a food lover's fantasy in a one-of-a-kind setting. Located in the heart of Grace Bay, within walking distance from most resorts, Coco Bistro serves fresh local cuisine under a starlit sky and swaying coconut palms. Complementing the delightful island ambience is a culinary experience considered among the best in Turks and Caicos. Starting with the freshest local ingredients and enhanced by the skills and imagination of executive chef/owner, Stuart Gray, Coco Bistro stands out as a 'must visit' by visitors and residents. Gray has earned a reputation for consistently creating, fresh, flavorful Caribbean cuisine and his personal attention to every detail ensures an exceptional dining experience.
New York City, New York
“Must go!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Based on our friend's recommendation, I tried to make a reservation for our first night in Turks and Caicos. Called and found out they were fully booked for the next few days. The hostess was kind enough to let me know that we can walk in and sit at the bar for dinner if we want. We tried that approach Saturday night, no wait, and sat on a comfortable couch in the bar area for our lovely dinner meal. It was great. And the food was fantastic, especially the penne pasta with lobster!

Visited April 2013

Stamford, Connecticut
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were told it took weeks to get a reservation, but we lucked out getting one in just a few days. My favorite part is the the atmosphere which is so beautiful. It feels like you're dining under a forest of palm trees which were all lit up. The service was slow but I felt that way all over the island. Everything that we ate was just delicious as well. I highly recommend.

Torrington, Connecticut
“Make your reservation a few weeks before you come or you will not get in!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I read many reviews on Trip Advisor about this place and made my reservation a few weeks in advance of coming down. It was definitely worth it. The cab ride from the Regent Palms was $12.00 usd with a tip one way. Uncle W was the name of the cab service and when called, he was too busy to come get us, which was ok, because they have cabs in the parking lot that will take you back to the hotel if you need them. Josefina was our server and she and the other staff were good. I think because of the following excerpt from *Michigan Attorney - March 6, 2013* "It now became painfully obvious that our server was "pushing" the table to clear us through and get to a next seating (tip) as quickly as possible."*, and others like it, they have tried to slow down their service.

I am from New England not the mid west, and I like my service to flow...and I don't care to meander around, so I thought their service, in a few spots was slightly slow. I know why they are doing it, and it wasn't terrible..and I wouldn't stop that from coming back and eating here again, because this place truly is wonderful. Also to note, when you are packed all the time to the point where you are constantly turning people away, as a restaurant, you don't necessarily "push" service for the tip...sometimes you do it so that as many people can have the experience of this fine dining establishment. Something to think about when you come here...because Toto, we are not in Michigan anymore.

The other thing about service that I noticed, is that at other fine restaurants on the island, like Parallel 23 & Grace's Cottage, the staff does not pull your chairs out and push them in for you, or unfold your napkin and place it on your lap. Not a big deal but more an observation.

We were seated right away and the place is beautiful. I was amazed at how well groomed all the landscaping was and also at how many people were there! Josefina was very good with telling us about what the specials were and was very good at answering every question I had about the menu. Another gentlemen came over and poured us some water and drinks were brought to us shortly after. We started with the Lobster Bisque and with Lobster Ravioli, (which was a special as lobster season was ending). The bisque was very good but the Ravioli was top notch. My wife even mentioned, after she had a taste, that she wished that she had gotten that instead. Yes, it was that good! For our entrees we both ordered another special, which was Lobster Thermidor. It was delicious as was the sauce that it came in. The lobster was melt in your mouth good and not at all over cooked. For desert I had the Coconut Pie and coffee, and it was again, fantastic.

We ended up paying about $182 with a 20% tip but it was worth it. I would recommend this place as one of the top 4 places to eat at TCI!

side note: make sure you bring bug spray and spray yourself. Many of these places are outdoor and mosquitoes do tend to come out at night at TCI.

• Visited April 2013
“Best meal of the vacation”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

A great atmosphere. The service was quick and very good. The food was AMAZING and the desert menu was large and filled with amazing choices. Overall probably the best restaurant in Provo

Providenciales
“Not great for the money”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We planned for over a month to eat at Coco Bistro for our 25th wedding anniversary. The location is amazing and very beautiful. But the tables are very much on top of each other and the chairs are really not very comfortable. Our waitress was a little cold and not very helpful with the menu. To be honest the service was terrible and for what I was paying was really unacceptable!!! Our water glasses were never refilled even though we were there for over 90 minutes. Our waitress never asked us if we wanted another glass of wine even though we got wine right after our apps. My wife actually stacked the empty wine glasses and our empty water glasses on the end of the table and they were completely ignored twice by two different waiters. The apps were very good I got the tuna and my wife the tomato salad but our entrees were really just OK and for $ 38 I expected a lot more. The creme Brulee was also just OK. It may have just been a bad night for Coco but for my money I will find a better option for dinner on my next visit.