“Loved it!!”
Review of Coco Bistro

Coco Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set amidst the largest palm grove on the island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Coco Bistro is a food lover's fantasy in a one-of-a-kind setting. Located in the heart of Grace Bay, within walking distance from most resorts, Coco Bistro serves fresh local cuisine under a starlit sky and swaying coconut palms. Complementing the delightful island ambience is a culinary experience considered among the best in Turks and Caicos. Starting with the freshest local ingredients and enhanced by the skills and imagination of executive chef/owner, Stuart Gray, Coco Bistro stands out as a 'must visit' by visitors and residents. Gray has earned a reputation for consistently creating, fresh, flavorful Caribbean cuisine and his personal attention to every detail ensures an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food and service were great. It is not "fast" service, but it is island time. However, the friendliness of the staff is amazing and they truly let you enjoy the experience. The food is AMAZING!!! And love CoCo the cat :)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The atmosphere, the food, the service... all add up to the making of a great TCI dining experience. Every one of our 3 TCI trips, has started with a dinner at Coco Bistro. It has become tradition, and a great thing to keep in mind while sitting in a busy airport during that travel day - we're going to Coco Bistro for dinner tonite!!

We visited Coco Bistro in early November and enjoyed not one, but 2 fantastic dinners there. We dined there on our first evening, and my wife chose for us to visit there again for her Birthday 4 nights later. The atmosphere under the palms is sublime, and makes for a great dinner setting. And, you get an occasional visit by the resident cat Coco. Nice kitty that works the room, if you leave him be, moves onto the next table.

Dinner 1 - Fabulous meal. Jose, was our waiter, and we remembered him from our last visit. Again, he did a great job - friendly, efficient, answered several of my menu questions, and never left us waiting on anything.

Cocktails: Turks Head Beer & Rum Punches

Starters:
Lobster & Avocado spring rolls - really nice, crisp, delicious.
Spicy Lobster Tacos with pineapple, cucumber & radish slices - WOW good! Nice spice kick on big chunks of lobster, followed by sweet pineapple... more please! Very interesting combination, spicy & sweet, cooling with the cucumber, one of my favorite food finds during our trip.

Dinner:
Blackened Mahi - Tender fillet over rice with broccoli, and very good.
Grilled Lobster tails, Jasmine rice, snap peas - I get this every single time we visit. I just love lobster and this works great for me. Big tails, and plenty of lobster goodness to dip in the drawn butter.

Dessert:
Creme Brûlée - Was good, wife enjoyed more than I did, but I certainly enjoyed the hard sugar crust.
Specialty Coffees - Just nice to sit under the lighted palms and enjoy the island atmosphere.

Bill - $216

Manager Steven Murray roamed the dining area, checking on all his guests, and coordinating his service staff. He stopped to see us and we shared our tradition of visiting Coco Bistro on our first island night, which he appreciated. I asked if he could make us a reservation for my wife's Birthday, which he promptly handled, and in all was very pleasant to speak with.

Dinner 2 - Another great meal. Upon arrival, we asked if Jose was available, and sure enough we sat at the same table as the previous dinner, which was fine for us. Jose recognized us right away, and was very friendly. He teased and asked if I was going to have the Lobster Tails again! I said no but the Lobster Tacos App for sure. Jose & Maria were both very good, and made sure we did not want for anything.

Cocktails: Wife had fruity drinks, I had a Turks Head beer followed by Ginger Ales (was driving).

Starters:
Spicy Lobster Tacos with pineapple again, I love this hot & cool combination, really excellent.
Caesar Salad - Was very good.

Dinner:
Penne Pasta with Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp - Excellent, and huge portion. I ate all the seafood and most of the penne. It was pasta so a bit heavy and I was stuffed.
Cilantro Crusted Mahi with tomato & mango salsa - Really very good.

Dessert:
We were so full, decided to just have cappuccinos. Since Steven Murray, knew it was my wife's B-day - a huge slab of Coconut Cream Pie was delivered to the table with HAPPY BIRTHDAY written in chocolate on the plate. We were both surprised, and could only manage to eat half of it. But it was damn good. Steven stopped by and wished Happy Birthday, wanted to be sure our dinner was as good as the last. We have seen them do the "special occasion Coconut Cream pie" thing for other folks too, and I think that it is a very nice gesture by the management. It adds to the overall experience of the dinner, and sticks with you later that they did that for you.

Thank you Mr. Murray, the Chef, Jose, Maria, and the rest of the staff that keep Coco Bistro the fun dining experience that it is, our compliments. We will absolutely be back.

FYI's -
- I would make reservations at least 4-5 days in advance. We call down to the island to make our first reservation (feels like the TCI trip is ON when you do that!), then any follow up reservations when we arrive.
- The restaurant was far busier and louder on our second visit. We also had a large group sitting behind us, and as large groups go, they bring the noise level up. Hey, folks are having a good time, and we did not let it bother us. We were having a good time too.
- Also, the reception desk has a bottle of Off, and it is outside dining after all. (We were there a week after Hurricane Sandy, and there were a few mosquitos.) Just give your feet and exposed legs a little spray before you sit down and there should not be any issues. We also carry a Deep Woods Off towelette with us for outside dining, just in case (we did not have to use at Coco). Don't let a couple of bugs disturb your dining.

Coco Bistro will remain on our "must visit" restaurant options, and we will continue to make it our first TCI dinner tradition.

Go... Enjoy!

1  Thank NaturalScience
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We celebrated our one year anniversary here on November 11th and it was the best food I have had in my life! The lobster was very fresh (the avocado and lobster spring rolls were incredible!) They also brought us a special decorated dessert for our Anniversary which was so nice! Service was amazing and the food is the best on the island! A must eat at restaurant!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food is delicious and the service is second to none. My favorite restaurant in Turks and Caicos. Higly recommended.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Surprisingly hard to get a reservation but dont give up, so worth it. The simplicity of Coco Bistro is totally over shadowed by the incredible food quality and great wine list. Take two hours and enjoy this fabulous palm tree garden setting with friends and family. Owner Stuart, Chef David, and Manager Steve are passionate about what they do and it so works! Bon Appetit! Marty D