We just returned from a seven-night stay at the Regent Grand. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the staff incredible. This was our first time staying in a "condotel" , and we absolutely loved it. Here is what we most enjoyed about our stay:
1. The ocean-front units have a gorgeous view and a spacious balcony that is shady during the day, so it can be used to have meals.
2. The supermarket is within walking distance, and the units are really well-equipped, so you can save lots of money on your food bill and still eat well.
3. You have a washer and drier, so you do not have to bring tons of clothes. In fact, we only took one suitcase, and I did not need half of what I packed.
4. The resort gives you free bikes to explore the island. We never regretted not having a car and used the bikes several times to get to Smith's Reef to snorkel (about 15-20 min).
5. The pool is really nice and was not crowded.
6. Eveything is quiet, upscale, and elegant.. The staff is super friendly and will help you in any way they can.
7. The breakfast, while not provding much variety, was tasty and certainly sufficient for us. It was nice that they delivered it to the room each morning and the time of delivery could be changed without any issues.
8. On Thursday, the resort provided free appetizers and wine, rum punch, and beer. The punch was great! (didn't try any other drinks)
9. The cleaning staff was very friendly and kept everything immaculate.
10. We didn't spend much time on the beach in front of the resort, but there were always chairs, umbrealls, and also someone who was handing out complimentary water.
(complimentary water also available at front desk before you go places).
11. The resort was close to many eateries and shops. Check out the Saltmills Diner, which provides good food at reasonable prices.
12. The front desk helped us book two tours and were very efficient and helpful.
About the island:
We like to be active on our vacations, so we didn't know how a "beach location" would work for us. To our delight, we found that there is quite a bit to do in addition to relaxing on the beach. I rode with ProvoPonies, we went to Middle and North Caicos for a day and explored a former planation, a cave, watched flamigoes, and hiked a beach trail. We also explored the island by bike, went snorkeling , and were able to see some iguanas with Caicos Dream tours. It was great. The Regent Grand, with its realxing atmospere, was always agreat place to come back to after exploring. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful, boutique and beachfront property, continues to be highly regarded among the hotels in The Turks and Caicos Islands. During 2016 this hotel has been voted as Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel for the second year in succession by The World Travel Awards. It has also received the prestigious Travelers' Choice award and its 4 Diamond Status from AAA. 2015 saw The Regent Grand ranked (#1) property in the Turks and Caicos in Trip Advisor's category of Caribbean Luxury Hotels (#9 in the Caribbean), 2015 Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel by The World Travel Awards, AAA's 4-Diamond rating and voted #1 by US News Top Hotels. Facing 300ft of pristine Grace Bay Beach, The Regent Grand is where memories are made and traditions created! Our staff pride themselves on their personalized service and warm Caribbean hospitality. The Regent Grand is ideally situated in the heart of Grace Bay, adjacent to The Regent Village and seconds from shops, restaurants, bistro bars and duty free. All one, two and three large Ocean-front Suites boast private terraces and the luxury of unobstructed views while our more intimate Pool and Garden Suites overlook our mosaic infinity pool. Full rates include daily housekeeping, breakfast, welcome cocktail and WiFi. Amenities include heated mosaic pool, tennis, bikes, Nautilus gym, pool & beach service, pool bar, Teona Spa and fabulous Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Regent Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Grand Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Grand
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- The Regent Grand Turks And Caicos/Providenciales