“not bad”

Jimmy's Dive Bar
Ranked #68 of 143 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: American, Grill, Caribbean, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
us
“not bad”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

heard this was bad. not as bad as the reviews say. but it was the slow season. so maybe that was the difference. our food was good. we went for lunch. service was okay. there was only one waitress at the time. she was doing the best she could

1 Thank relaxtrvl

• Polish first
Austin, Texas
“Night life is fun, food isn't spectacular but its FUN!”
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I was around when this place was still called "Barefoot Cafe" and they served breakfast / lunch, and had no night life. Now, as of August 2008 it is called "Jimmy's Dive Bar." I met the owner and his wife, drank Patron, had a blast with the locals. The only thing I'd say is if you're coming here for food: expect it to be mostly fried. Food's really good, but it'll give you heartburn (haha). Prices are moderate, I'd recommend Caicos Cafe for dinner. (See my review under Caicos Cafe). Jimmy's Dive bar was fun every night, and provided most the night-life entertainment, since the island is pretty quiet at night. Day time staff can be rude, but I think it's just part of the way it is here. You can't act like a tourist, you have to be polite ;-)

2 Thank NicolesDayDreamin
Oklahoma
“Great burgers and mojitoes!”
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We enjoyed just last week a great burger and outstanding mojitoes . Service was quick and vey attentive. A very nice change of pace . Try it.

2 Thank Caribbeanjunkies
Orange County, CA
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

This was the first place we ate when we arrived in Turks and Caicos and we ended up eating there many times on our trip. The food was great and a good price for Turks and Caicos. We had nachos that were plentiful and didn't skimp on the cheese (that's important to my husband), the burgers were yummy, and you have to try to the conch fritters that were the best we had on the island.

3 Thank runnin2travel
NEW YORK
“Favorite Bar in Provo!”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This "Jimmy's Dive Bar" is my favorite bar! The burrito was awesome, and after trying a few other restaurants on the island, I found myself returning often to Jimmy's for the reasonable prices and large portions. I also tried the shrimp fajitas that were great, and the burger was huge. I really enjoyed the mojitos, they use fresh mint, and on Monday's, the mojito's were only $4. I would send anyone to this laid back bar and grill. It will be a regular stop for all of my future trips to the island!

3 Thank LIV2DIVE