“Best snorkeling trip ever!”
Review of Silver Deep

Silver Deep
Ranked #33 of 92 Tours in Providenciales
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat Charter with 20 years experience in Snorkeling and Fishing. Main office located in our Shop on Grace Bay Road: shop everything for island life and book your favourite excursions. Concierge Service: we help you to book everything on Provo. ONE STOP for your entire VACATION.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ocala, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling trip ever!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were down for our 3 year anniversary and we chose the 3 hour snorkeling and beach trip. We had two awesome guides Darin and the boat captain Lucky. They were so easy going and fun. Snorkeling was the best my husband and i had ever done so far. lots of fish and colorful coral . Darin caught 3 conchs and showed us how you get the meat out and then made fresh delicious salsa for us while we enjoyed one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Did I mention we enjoyed yummy run punch while cruising around also. Great life experience and I would recommend to anyone.

Visited June 2013

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst service experienced on the island (Paola - Sales Manager)”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked two excursions with this company, the first which we completed this morning. Experience was good and the people aboard the boat were excellent. This evening however, we came into contact with Paola regarding a change we wanted to make to an upcoming trip booked based on the fact that the excursion was not well suited to us. Paola right from the get-go was extremely rude with the way she spoke to us and refused to discuss anything at all. I asked her who we can escalate our concern to as we clearly weren't getting anywhere and she refused to provide any contact info for her superiors. I asked if she was the owner to which she responded 'no - but I'm the only one to deal with this.'. We've been on the island nearly a week and everyone we've come into contact with has been AMAZING until this visit with Paola which was downright TERRIBLE. It surprises me that a company with absolutely no care for customer service has survived this long. I'd caution all to stay away, once they have your money it's over.

FYI: This merchant mentioned several times that because we booked online that her 'hands are tied'. I'd suggest booking in person upon arrival. It may cost a few extra bucks but eliminating the middle man is well worth it.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank dn516
caicoscolors, Manager at Silver Deep, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Sir, I am sorry you misunderstood what I was telling you: since you booked through Expedia, I could not accept your request to refund you in cash or buy back your voucher and sell it to another guest.
Please read your Expedia voucher " the voucher is not transferable, has no cash value".

As such, your request of cancellation of a trip booked through Exdpedia only 18 hours prior the trip rather than the allowed 5 days, on the basis that you had booked a snorkeling trips without being able to swim, had to be dealt exclusively through Expedia and not our Company.

We apologize for the inconvenience and happy to read that you had a nice experience on board during your first trip.
Ontario
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Certificate of Excellence 2013”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I just wanted to congratulate Silver Deep on this well deserved award- We have been using Silver Deep for all our beach and water trip in TCI, weather it is with small kids , the elderly, groups , with tons of cash or small families on a budget, Silver Deep has packages for everyone. I very much enjoyed our last trip we did with them to Middle Caicos. The caves were very neat, and the guide was very knowledgable. We stopped at a couple of isolated beaches there and was blow away by them.

Visited April 2013
Marco Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good Activities & Good People”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When I was in TCI 11 years ago with my family, I remember how much fun I had with Captain Pringles and the crew on our snorkeling and fishing trips. So, this time I wanted to take my husband while we were on our honeymoon! I booked everything in advance with Paola, who was great. The staff is super friendly and accommodating, they make for a great time! The snorkeling sites on the reef are nice, lots of fish and other marine life.

I highly suggest you book the conch part of the beach cruise. Ask Paola, or whomever is at the office about doing it when you book the beach cruise snorkel trip. It's a few extra bucks, but so worth it. After the snorkeling, Capt. Pringles will beach the boat while one of the first mates (Darren, Lucky, or Jeremy for us) literally open the conch in front of you, butcher it, clean it, and then toss is over to the Captain, who makes fresh conch salad (like a ceviche)! It's delicious, fascinating, and you get a massive conch shell to take home!

We also got to go on the Glow Worm Cruise this time, since we were there just after the full moon! It is a wild experience- it's unlike anything you've ever seen. I can't even do it justice, so if you're there 2-5 days after the full moon, go on the boat, and watch the luminescent worms mate in the water in the dark. Sounds crazy, but is a must see!

They group at Silver Deep has been doing it right for over a decade, this trip for us was no exception!

Visited May 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Good Time”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked this while eating at Jimmy's Dive on a whim. The price was right and availability for the next morning. Weather was iffy, but we took the chance and glad we did.
The office people weren't the most organized. Even the simple task of organizing how many people per car to get to the marina was to much for some, but the lady who seemed most on the ball had left to pick up someone. The payment wasn't smoothly handled either, but it all got better once we reached the marina. Almost. We had to turn around as more people showed up late. But Captain Pringle and Darren made up for it! Great people. We talked a lot and had a great time. 2 snorkel spots and a stop at the iquana park and Fort George beach. Along the way Darren dove for conch and later the captain made a great ceviche salad. There was plenty of rum punch and music and dancing. Saw Darren 2 days later on Grace beach and he was just as friendly. They made the trip!

Visited May 2013