“The highlight of our trip!”
Review of Silver Deep

Silver Deep
Ranked #34 of 92 Tours in Providenciales
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat Charter with 20 years experience in Snorkeling and Fishing. Main office located in our Shop on Grace Bay Road: shop everything for island life and book your favourite excursions. Concierge Service: we help you to book everything on Provo. ONE STOP for your entire VACATION.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The highlights of our first ever trip to Provo were all because of Silver Deep! Our group (family with adult and married kids) did just about one of everything - bottom fishing, bonefishing, the glow worm tour, deep sea fishing and snorkeling/shelling. Paola, the Sales Manager, was SO kind and friendly and helped us set up our excursions exactly how we liked, working with our schedule and around one member of our group who was in a cast. We showed up 20 minutes late for a trip one day, and she called someone to whisk us over to the marina so we wouldn't miss out.

We noticed that other groups who were much more rigid and demanding with Paola and the captains/guides didn't seem to have nearly as much fun as we did. By allowing Silver Deep to book our desired trips when they felt the timing was right, we seemed to catch more fish, see more things and generally have a better time. The boat wasn't going to leave without us, and we were on vacation!

Some notes on each excursion:

Bottom fishing - this was absolutely wonderful. Shaun and Alex helped us to catch so many different kinds of fish! Everyone had a great time, in part because Shaun masterfully captained us through the rough seas. The weather was a bit rough, but Paola called us that morning to reassure that we could still do this trip. We allowed her and Shaun to tell us what time would be best, and by doing so, we missed the worst of the weather and enjoyed our trip much more than we would have had we gone out earlier as originally planned.Our guides also gave us a little geography/history on Turks and Caicos which was really interesting, and Alex impressed us all with his filleting skills on the drive back. We were able to enjoy our fresh catch back at the hotel restaurant too. They played great music and definitely kept us entertained throughout the trip. If you're going to do just one fishing trip, I absolutely recommend bottom fishing for the most excitement and variety.

Glow worm tour - Our group has a few amateur science geeks among us, so we loved this and felt we were incredibly lucky to catch this natural phenomenon. It was a little haphazardly organized since the day we went was a national holiday (hard to get appetizers and a crew organized on their day off!), but the glow worms made it worth it. After watching the group, I'm not sure I would take kids younger than preteens - the younger kids were bored/tired and didn't really understand what they were waiting for. The older kids and adults definitely enjoyed it more. The actual glow worms lighting up doesn't last more than about 15 minutes or so, so take that into consideration for your group, but we loved it.

Bonefishing - My dad and husband, both fishermen, did this trip and were stunned at how difficult it was to catch a bonefish! They both came back marvelling at these fish (they only caught one) and said while they might not go again, they were certainly glad they got the opportunity while they were there. My husband also wished he'd had water shoes of some kind since he cut his feet a little on the coral. They recommend two fishermen per boat along with the guide.

Deep Sea Fishing - We went deep sea fishing with Arthur (Silver Deep's Managing Director) and Peter and hauled in a great catch - five wahoo. We enjoyed trolling (the depth drops off quickly so you aren't very far out) and listening to Arthur's stories just as much as actually reeling in our catches. As a local and lifelong resident, he can tell you anything you want to know about Provo, has great music, and knows where the big fish are. Peter was very hard at work changing lines and bait, and when we arrived back at the marina, our boat was the only one that had caught anything that morning. They were also kind enough to direct us to the marina restaurant while they fileted our catch, which we picked up on the way back to the hotel. It was the most catching my husband said he had ever done while deep sea fishing (in the Gulf of Mexico).

Snorkeling/Shelling - We went out in the afternoon with Arthur's brother, Pringle, and one of his sons. This was hands down some of the best snorkeling I have ever experienced, and should not be missed while in Provo! We saw squid (cuttlefish?) swimming in formation, a couple of stingrays, and more colorful fish and gorgeous coral than any other caribbean or hawaiian snorkeling we've done. The seas were a bit rough for my mom who doesn't like to swim, but she and my sister (in a leg cast) had a great time in the boat talking with Pringle, who regaled them with his stories. He also took us to Shell Beach, and was SO helpful with my sister, helping her hobble along the beach so she could experience it too. We found so many great shells to bring home, as well as a living starfish that we got to pick up! We also saw a beautiful rainbow over the water, which made this trip even more special. We ran into a family with three small children on the bus that did the same trip with Pringle that morning, and the kids were totally in awe of all the fish and neat shells they saw. I highly recommend this for anyone visiting Provo.

All in all, we had a fabulous time and cannot thank the people at Silver Deep enough for all the fun we had!

Boston
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Silver Deep”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

SIlver Deep is an awesome store to book your sea experience. We had a wonderful time with our half day snorkeling - Alex and Pringle are just awesome team captains - they make sure that you are taken cared for. Paola was able to rescue us from our planned snorkeling event that was supposed to be booked thru a second party and didn't worked out. Great staff ! Will recommend it to anyone.

Clinton, Connecticut, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dissapointed and not very professional.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked the 3 hour Glass bottom boat/Snorkel/Beach/Iguana Island Tour. From the beginning I was not impressed; when the shuttle van/bus arrived and we went to board it was already pretty much full and we were crammed onto the bus even using tiny flipdown seats in the aisles. There was not enough room for everyone (even though you had to make reservations ahead of time) and several people had to be taken by car becuase they would not fit. The boat crew was very friendly but not very attentitive. Boarding the boat the first thing we are looking for is the "glass bottom", well the glass bottom is a small 3'x4' covered compartment that they take the cover off of when they stop to snorkel so people can look at the reef, it is a joke. First stop was Iguana Island which is a hokey 5-minute stop but looking back after the complete 3 hour trip I was glad we visited Iguana Island, I learned more interesting things about the TCI islands from the 16-18 year old kid giving the 5 minute tour than I did from the staff on the boat we were on for 3 hours. When we stopped to snorkel the crew quickly asked: everyone knows what to do right-OK get in the water! No real attempt to help or instruct. The water was little rough and numerous people had difficulty out in the water; the staff looked reluctant to get in the water to assist and would rather just shout instructions from the boat to "relax". The next stop was the deserted island beach which was nice. The "drinks and snacks" provided consisted of self serve water and soda in a cooler, some Rum punch if you asked, and a large bag of pretzels and doritos chips dumped in bowls and passed around the boat. The crew was extremely friendly but seemed more fixated on playing music, trying to get ladies up to dance with them and trying to create a lame party atmosphere all the way back to the dock. I would have rather they offered me more rum punch (which I needed at this point after realizing I just spent $90 on this) and also a little local info about the sights were were passing by during the trip. I would skip this trip and look for another. They need to step up their game if they want repeat customers.

1 Thank Jim B
Atlanta, GA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Snorkling on the Beach Cruise”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a great time on a Beach Cruise with Captain Pringles and Darren. The Snorkling was amazing. I'm not sure of the name of the younger kid they had with them helping out but his skin diving skills were something to see...we followed him around the reef just to watch. The rum punch on the boat was flowing and they mixed a special drink for me since I have a pineapple allergy which was nice. Iguana Island was interesting...not my favorite stop. The last beach we stopped on was fun. We were able to dive for conch and shells and came back with some souvniers. They gave us plenty of time to explore though the Hubs and I spent all our time in the water looking snorkling for shells and sand dollars. We had a great time.

Visited December 2012
Belleville, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome time out on the water”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Silver Deep at Ocean Club West was a great choice for us. We chose to do snorkeling. The service was great. They provide a pick up and drop off service. We were picked up at our resort and brought over to their Ocean Club West office, and then they will give you a ride to the marina. Upon arriving at the marina, we were greeted by our captain. Between the captain and the deck hand, they showed us a good time on the boat. They were entertaining. They explained everything we saw as we were going out deeper, they danced with us, and shared local stories. The boat also provided us with complimentary rum punch and some chips and salsa as snacks. There was ample rum punch to go around for everyone. Our first stop was Iguana Island. The cost for Iguana Island was $5, which was reasonable. There, you were greeted by a tour guide, who walked you around this island and explained the iguana species. We got to see many iguanas. The water was beautiful. We also got to see a nurse shark. It was scary, but yet amazing. We also got to see some celebrity vacation homes. Then we made a stop on another small island where we were able to walk around and enjoy the scenery and water and collect sea shells for souvenirs. I would certainly recommend Silver Deep for your snorkeling excursions.

Visited December 2012