“5 stars for food; 2 or 3 for service....”

Sharkbite Bar & Grill
Ranked #41 of 145 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was, hands down, my favourite meal of the whole trip. The almond crusted grouper had been recommended to me - and now I'll have to come back here every time we visit just to have it. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the service. Our waitress wasn't the least bit personable, so different from the experience we had in other restaurants, and when I remarked to her that I had absolutely loved the grouper, she was dismissive and just wandered away to get our cheque. When it arrived - with an automatic 18% tip - my husband said he'd never go back......but if the almond crusted grouper is still on the menu he won't have a choice. Next time we'd go for dinner since there were only the two of us and one other couple there at lunch time - and I've also seen a picture of a shark in the water at night which would be very cool to see! So, a mixed review: great food, awful service, and an auto tip. I gave it 4 stars because it was my very favourite meal.

1  Thank bluewater_2004

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Say yes to any grouper dish and the conch chowder (awesome) and no to the cracked conch and conch fritters. Really greasy and chewy. Also service here is hit and miss.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

In a great location at the docks...food was descent, service was good...typical high island prices...kind of a small place, one of the only places for some night life at night to go and have a drink.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came to this place twice! The portion sizes were amazing for being Turks. I got the fried grouper with french fries and my husband got the grouper sandwich. So fresh and delicious. This is location on Turtle Cove on a boat docking area. We took a taxi here. Even though the food was good, our male server walked slow and never smiled.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Husband and I started with their famous wings. Nothing to die for or to be famous about. Just plain wings that will hold me over until I get back home to satisfy my wing craving. We got the almond crusted grouper with fries and the sharkbite hamburger with onion rings. First their almond crusted grouper- grouper itself was fresh and juicy but it was such a shame that they had to cover it with some nasty batter, sprinkle 2 almonds on it, then proceed to dunk it in their year old oil to fry it. Fries looked very good- almost like rosemary fries- too bad they dunked into the same oil. Next the hamburger- nothing special about it. I asked the waiter if they can cook it well done- very well done as I was pregnant. I saw pink spots all over. I concluded the chef has no control over his stove. The worst was their onion rings. I picked one up and my fingers were dripping with the nasty oil. I took a bite and could not eat another bite. We are not big soda people and usually just stick to waters but halfway through the meal, we had to order some sodas. In conclusion, there are so many other places you can- and should try- before coming here. BTW the menu you find in their website is from like 10 years ago. Same food but just add $10 - 15 more for each item.