“Convenient for OC guests, average food, mixed service”

Ocean Club Cabana Bar & Grill
Ranked #48 of 145 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We only dined here twice during our recent one week stay at The Ocean Club East. Our first meal was a late lunch on arrival day. Our waitress Cindy was friendly and kept the beer flowing. We ordered several items off of the menu and were hoping they'd please our palate enough so that we could return for future meals-a convenient spot. The wings packed a bit of heat and were a hit. I never turn down the opportunity to sample conch fritters, however, these were far too greasy for me as well as the fries. The grouper sliders were served on fresh homemade rolls; the best part of this meal. The fish was lacking flavor, though it was moist and the portion size was decent. As this was the first stop on our Caribbean adventure, I must admit I was extremely disappointed in the music selection playing-70's Donna Summer, Motown-Supremes and the like. Where was the Reggae and Junkanoo? No Caribbean vibe flowing with that type of music. Our second visit was for dinner around 7pm on a Friday night. This time service was just so-so with our male server not matching up to Cindy's level of service. We ordered a fish sandwich, a club sandwich and a Mexican pizza. The sandwiches were decent in size and taste, but the pizza was a huge miss. The Mexican pizza ingredients on the menu were listed as: refried beans, jalapenos, chicken, black olives, onions and cheddar cheese. This pizza tasted nothing like a Mexican style pizza and had no visible signs or tasting of refried beans, but an overpowering taste of tomato sauce. We left disappointed and swore that we would not waste another meal here.
I was eager to try a pear and chicken sandwich that I found on their online menu, but was told by Cindy that it hadn’t been an available item for quite some time. It is no longer on the menu, so I am assuming they’ve updated that page.
The Cabana Bar and Grille is a convenient spot for resort guests, but with so many other dining options available I’d recommend venturing out often during your visit.

2  Thank kribbean
There are newer reviews for Ocean Club Cabana Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Cabana Bar and Grill is a convenient spot for resort guests, but with so many other dining options available I’d recommend venturing out often during your visit.

1  Thank kribbean
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Chicken wings, conch salad were ok. The rest -- need more spices. This is a caribbean island were the makeup is diverse even though everything is imported. It could be much better -- other places are far much better.

1  Thank TD776
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped here for the sake of convenience but we liked the place. The service is very friendly and the bartender is helpful and funny. Wonderful cocktails (we got hooked on the Mango Madness). The food was fresh and well-prepared. I know everyone gets sick of eating conch in Provo, but theirs was really good.

4  Thank campmarengo
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Easy dishes, refreshing drinks, beer by the bucket was a deal! Good, convenient spot to grab a bite when you're on island time.