“One of our best meals on the island...”

Magnolia Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #31 of 157 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dinner only restaurant sitting on a bluff above Turtle Cove Marina with breathtaking views of the northshore. Serving European style cuisine with island influences on an open patio. Dinner served from 6pm to 9pm (summer hours) and we are closed on Monday's...
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We arrived for dinner after sunset, so we didn't get to witness the sunset from that advantage point, but from where this restaurant sits high atop a hill overlooking the Turtle Cove Marina, I'm sure the view for watching a sunset is spectacular.

For my dinner, I had the seafood and corn chowder (YUM!), a caesar salad and the mushroom & goat cheese strudel (it is an appetizer choice). The strudel is to die for - they should put a side with it and make it an entree selection. My friend had what we dubbed 'pig wrapped in pig wrapped in pig' (aka chorizo stuffed pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon). He raved about his meal, and he is not easy to please.

The wine list is extensive, mostly high-end wines and on the drier side. For those of us who also like sweeter whites, it would be nice to see some Rieslings or Moscatos added to the wine selection.

The service was ok - not overly attentive, but not completely lacking either. I've noticed that when restaurants automatically add the service charge into the bill, the service can be just so-so as they'll get their 15% regardless of the effort. Regardless, I'd still come back just for the food - it really was fantastic!

1  Thank Kristin B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

A couple recommended this hotel for us at the resort we were staying and it turned out to be such a jewel. Nestled in a small hill overlooking the yacht club and the blue ocean. We had a nice ocean breeze and the night overall was just spectacular! Tim our server was very attentive and enjoyable. Loved my coconut martini and the tuna tartar was remarkable and the Tuna main course had a reduction that calls your name for more. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This place has an amazing view to watch the sunset. The food was excellent and the service was friendly. Give the goat cheese strudel a try.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I visited Magnolia on the last night of our honeymoon and had the BEST view of the sunset sitting on the deck. The seared sesame tuna was absolutely amazing; the best we've ever had (and we eat a lot of seared tuna). If you want a great view, great service, and great food, I highly recommend you visit this hot spot. Don't wait until your last night. We will be back!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We ate at Magnolia twice during our honeymoon (the only restaurant we repeated). My husband was first attracted to the location, high above the marina. The relaxed atmosphere was great. We really went back a second time to have the Tuna Tartare again! It is one of the best dishes we have ever had. The service was excellent both nights we were there. The first visit we had the shrimp with the curry sauce. It was excellent and went great with the jasmine rice. My husband had the grouper. We enjoyed all the food and the restaurant had a better wine menu than some of the others. We truly enjoyed both of our experiences.