“Really nice”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Uh oh...maybe I'd reviewed Caribbean place when I really meant Chinson's. :-/ Anyway, Chinson's is owned by some politician guy (very nice and down-to-earth) and is a lively place to visit. Lots of parking next door, great food and delicious snacks. Rum cake and coconutty delights! :)

There are newer reviews for Chinson's Grill Shack

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our family had been waiting to try Chinson Grill Shack since the time my daughter and I weren't able to fit it in to our last Provo vacation. The food is terrific -- no disappointments whatsoever -- and the staff couldn't be more professional or pleasant.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great chicken wing appetizer (sweet and sticky), awesome jerk chicken entree. Friends enjoyed their conch, goat, and Chinese dishes. They live on the island and return frequently and have been everywhere.
Got lots of food for a very fair price (Provo's expensive, this is below average pricing I've experienced). Fun outdoor seating at picnic tables (if you're looking for fancy go somewhere else). Views of the island and ocean (sure it's in the distance, but it's better than no view!).
Want casual outdoor islandy fun that's a good value? Go.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Chinson has a nice view of the water in the distance during daylight but you will be looking over the hi way and the roofs of several buildings. We sat at a picnic table and started with the conch fritters which were good. My wife had the island shrimp & chips which she really liked especially liked chips. The pineapple slaw was just ok with no real pineapple flavor. I had the jerk chicken which was good, spicy but not to bad. I'm a huge fan of rice and peas and this was just average lacking a bit on the seasoning side.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Oxtail, jerk chicken, sandwiches and mini patties!! yummy everything! We go there several times during our frequent visits to the island. Highly recommend!!