“Good Italian food at reasonable prices”
Review of Bella Luna

Bella Luna
Ranked #27 of 143 Restaurants in Providenciales
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Good Italian food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Being big fans of Italian food we decide to give Bella Luna a try on our last night on the island. We're glad we did. We ate in the restaurant part which is located on the upper level of a converted house on well landscaped property. Pizza is served on the lower level.

We had the eggplant parmesan with pasta, the linguini tuttomare and the lobster with linguini. The entrees were all very good and the pasta cooked perfectly, "al dente". We found the portion sizes were perfect for dinner, not too small and not too large.

We started with the bruschetta and it was only OK. We would have preferred the more common interpretation with chopped tomatoes, basil, olive oil and mozzarella on top of lightly toasted pieces of bread. The Bella Luna version uses a single piece of fresh mozzarella and slice of tomato on top of a toasted piece of bread. The mozzarella and the slice of tomato was fine but we found the pieces of toasted bread were much too hard for our liking.

For desert we shared the chocolate truffle with ice cream. It was excellent. A word of caution; the desert is very rich and serving size is large, more than enough to be shared between 2 or 3 people.

I had a glass of the Chilean Pinot Noir. It was very good and I would recommend it. Also, I was particularly impressed because the wine arrived lightly chilled the way it should be because room temperature is actually too warm for red wine, especially on the islands. Most restaurants fail this test.

The service was excellent and the food arrived in good time.

If you're after pasta Bella Luna won't disappoint. The menu is pretty large and the prices are reasonable for the Grace Bay area.

• Visited August 2013

“Wouldn't Go for Free”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been there twice and each time I was extremely disappointed. The first time was in a large party. As someone who has worked in restaurants I recognize how difficult it can be to adequately serve a larger group of people. I ordered fresh tuna rare and it was served well done. It also took over 2 hours to be served our dinner and we had to wait nearly another hour after our meals to have our checks.

The second time I was there the service was much better. However, everyone's food was only warm when it was brought out to the table.

4 Thank Ben C
Long Island NY
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I always get worried coming from NY eating italian food in other countries. It was recommended by someone we met on the beach and it was close to our hotel so we could walk there. Let me tell you this meal was delicious. We didnt make a reservation being that we traveled there in low season. When we arrived, I wanted a table close to the railing for the scenery but was told those were reserved. They werent used all night btw and that is my only complaint. The restaurant had maybe 5 tables at the most being used and was pretty empty when we got there. We were seated outside by a railing in the back though and it was very nice. We arrived at 8:30 and there were no crowds and plenty of tables available. We ordered mozzarella wrapped in salami as an appetizer to share and it was very good. I got the lobster fra diavolo since we arrived in time for lobster season and my husband got the linguine tuttomare in a rose sauce. Everything was very good. The restaurant is set in the trees which looks like your are eating in a fancy tree house. There are palm trees surrounding the restaurant so your view is pretty. Low lights, great food. This place is a must when visiting Provo.

Louisville, Kentucky
“great oven baked pizza”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

several options for oven baked pizza in the garden. the crust was very thin and tasty and lots of options for toppings. does carry out also.

bellalunatci, Owner at Bella Luna, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review, glad you liked the pizza
Westborough, Massachusetts, United States
“Went twice!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I went to Bella Luna early on during our vacation mainly because it was a quick walk from our hotel, The Regent Grand. We are SO glad we did! It was like a treehouse, overhung in palm trees.

Our waiter, Tomas, was excellent and very knowledgeable about the menu. I have a gluten allergy and they offered gluten free pasta, score! I had some pasta dish with sausage and asked that they make it spicy, YUM! My husband, who is a veal parm critic, absolutely LOVED it. We are from Boston, visit the North End frequently, and know our Italian....this place was great!

Service was good, selection was great, and the food was outstanding! It doesn't look like much from the street but you definitely need to try this place out. We went back our last night there....that's saying something!

• Visited August 2013
bellalunatci, Owner at Bella Luna, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
thank you for coming in twice and we are happy you liked the restaurant so much to come back a second time.