“Average Food; Poor Service”
Review of Bay Bistro

Bay Bistro
Ranked #26 of 147 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

For the money, I would not recommend this place for dinner. The food quality is not on par with other Provo restaurants, and the menu is limited. The location, however, is beautiful.

Our server was poor at best. She didn't seem familiar with the menu and didn't tell us about the specials. I read in advance that the servers were rude, but my wife and I chose to ignore it. Although I wouldn't classify our experience as "rude," I can certainly describe it as inattentive and slow. Our server walked by the table twice when my wife and I both had empty glasses, and we ended up stopping her on the third pass to ask for more water.

Considering the location of Bay Bistro, I would suggest you keep walking a couple doors down to Hemingways. It's cheaper, the food is much better, and the service is excellent.

1  Thank Scott805
Write a ReviewReviews (2,495)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After short stroll down the beach from The Sands, where we stayed, we enjoyed a beautiful dinner on the patio overlooking the beach. The sunset was gorgeous, and the food and wine delicious. So many things sounded good that we had a hard time deciding what to have, but each of our family of three really enjoyed our selections (two different grouper dishes and a steak). A nice wine list also offers many choices, and we thoroughly enjoyed the wine we had with our dinner. Save room for ice cream! They have yummy desserts, too.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Bay Bistro is very nice restaurant. The service can be a little slow but the food is very good. Located right at the beach, the restaurant is well located and very pleasant.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a late night dinner after taking the Beluga sailing trip. The meal was delicious and the wait staff was attentive. A large party was down on the beach with music and a bonfire which added to the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently hired the guys from Bay Bistro (KissingFish Catering) to do an on the beach BBQ for us at a private beach house we had rented for the week in Turks. From start to finish, these guys were AWESOME. My initial contact with Joan (owner of Bay Bistro) was quickly responded to and she was able to provide me all the information we needed to get setup and feel comfortable that the BBQ on the beach would go off without a hitch. Clive (Joans husband, co-owner of Bay Bistro and the Chef at restaurant) came to our house with a staff of 4 right on time and was one of the most professional and easy going people I have dealt with when planning events. Clive and his team setup directly on the beach and produced one of the most memorable meals we have had (prepared for a group of 12). My family is still talking about the conch fritters and the grouper with the mango salsa. Following the dinner, Clive’s team setup a huge beach bonfire for us to sit and enjoy in addition to having the fixings for us to make smores. All around one of the best private hire events I have ever been a part of. I can't wait to come back and have these guys do it all again...

Side note, we also hired Joan/Clive and Bay Bistro to do a drop off catering order later that week which was the second best meal we had all week. These guys really have the process for in-villa catering down pat. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for everything Joan and Clive.

Thanks for everything Joan and Clive.