“Knocked this off my bucket list!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Provo Ponies

Provo Ponies
More attraction details
Owner description: Provo Ponies is a small riding stable located on the southeast end of the island of Providenciales. We do two guided rides a day, morning ride at 9:30am and an afternoon ride at 3:30pm during winter hours, 4:30 during the summer. We can take all experience levels from 7 years old and up (if they are younger they must be experienced riders). There is an extra charge if someone must be led. Everyone rides their own horse or pony, no double riding. We have a 250 pound weight limit. Groups are never more than 12 riders. Private rides are available for an additional fee. Helmets are available and are required for children 17 and under.We ride along quiet dirt roads and trails to Long Bay Beach, a 4 mile long beach. We do our best not to do nose to tail type rides, and more experienced riders are given the chance to trot or canter along the beach depending on the tides. The shallow waters of the Caicos Banks off Long Bay make it an ideal place to take your horse into the ocean. You can book a one hour ride or a 90 minute ride. We can arrange for transportation to and from your hotel.Reservations are required. A Visa or Mastercard number is required for all reservations, as well as weights and experience levels of all riders in your group so that we can properly assign horses to riders.We are a fully insured and licensed business in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
NJ, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Knocked this off my bucket list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Had the best time! Rode Thor & my husband rode Turtle! Best buds! Was a little nervous at first on the walk down the roads to the ocean & I hadn't ridden in a very long time, but once we hit the water I think we all relaxed! Always wanted to be able to ride IN the ocean on a horse, but never thought possible! And the water in Providenciales was the perfect setting! The women & girls who worked at the ranch were great & even picked us up & dropped us off. Must do! (But make reservations in advance.)

Visited July 2014

DC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“First Timer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I rode Pilgrim. He was gentle and gave me a great first experience. I'm over 50, so that's saying alot! The walk to the beach was not as grueling as others have noted, because of the heat. I was prepared with sunscreen, long loose pants (not jeans) and wide brimmed hat. The walk in the ocean was really nice, except be prepared for the fact that I think the water was a natural laxative for some of the horses. BUT!! the germaphobe that I am, it passed quickly (no pun intended) I survived.

Plum, Pennsylvania
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Provo Ponies Turks & Caicos Providenciales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family and I had the honor and pleasure of taking the morning riding with Provo Ponies on Wednesday 8/13/14.
This was originally a rescue situation and has turned into an amazing treasure on the island of
Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos. Each rider was given a tutorial on the horse that was chosen for them based on their riding ability and experience. I can't say enough about these dedicated individuals who took time with each rider to make them feel comfortable and answer any questions, even giving us the background on our horses. The horses are extremely well cared for and in excellent condition, this critique coming form a former horse owner/rider. I'm handicapped with mobility issues, yet they found a way to get me on & off the horse in a efficient manner. It's always a gorgeous day in Provo, little did we know this would be the highlight of our stay. After a leisurely ride to the beach, our horses (I had the good fortune of riding Thor - a huge beautiful guy who is a big teddy bear) would take us right into the water for a nice cooling off. It was AWESOME! My husband, daughter & grandson LOVED the experience! What an awesome activity to share as a family! After a lovely walk in the water for some distance, we turned around and headed back to the stable. The guides were kind enough to take pictures with our IPhones and/or cameras while in the water, incredible memories were captured. They even provided waterproof fanny packs to keep your phone or camera in. I'd highly recommend Provo Ponies as a must do while in Provo. And don't forget to tip the guides, they work hard to give you a memorable experience and truly love these beautiful animals!

Colleyville, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Our family of seven rode w/Provo Ponies last week. We went on the afternoon 90 minute ride. We all had a great time and enjoyed every minute. My youngest was very scared about the ride and going in the ocean but the handlers & guides were amazing with him. They did even better w/me because I was ready to bail at the last minute (I haven't had the greatest experiences on horses before). They rode along side me and helped me get enough confidence to get on the trail. The handlers/guides were lovely people who got along great w/our entire group. It is a peaceful and relaxing experience away from the crowds, noise, and busyness. You are paired with a pony or horse after you get there and then get individual instruction once mounted. Everyone from the owner, handlers/guides, to the teens in training at the corral were super sweet, professional, & knew what they were doing. You will have a wonderful time on your ride! Say "howdy" to Mango for me if you go!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Our best activity in Provo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We booked a private ride on the beach for my family of five. None of my other family members knew how to ride and one of my children has special needs, yet the instructor's patience and expertise made everyone very comfortable right away. Within ten minutes my husband and kids were comfortable on their horses and we rode through some trails, onto a breathtaking beach, and into the ocean. Prior to our visit, I could not imagine my kids being able to ride horses independently, but our guide, Caroline, was so kind and encouraging that everyone felt confidence in their own abilities. I highly recommend this activity for anyone with kids who are timid or could benefit from challenging themselves because it provides a truly novel experience in a safe and controlled environment. The guides seem to know the individual horses very, very well and thus have the ability to pair you with the perfect horse for your needs. Provo Ponies was the most memorable activity of our entire vacation and we definitely will go back when we return next year.

Visited July 2014