“Not to be MIssed!”
Review of Provo Ponies

Provo Ponies
More attraction details
Owner description: Provo Ponies is a small riding stable located on the southeast end of the island of Providenciales. We do two guided rides a day, morning ride at 9:30am and an afternoon ride at 3:30pm during winter hours, 4:30 during the summer. We can take all experience levels from 7 years old and up (if they are younger they must be experienced riders). There is an extra charge if someone must be led. Everyone rides their own horse or pony, no double riding. We have a 250 pound weight limit. Groups are never more than 12 riders. Private rides are available for an additional fee. Helmets are available and are required for children 17 and under.We ride along quiet dirt roads and trails to Long Bay Beach, a 4 mile long beach. We do our best not to do nose to tail type rides, and more experienced riders are given the chance to trot or canter along the beach depending on the tides. The shallow waters of the Caicos Banks off Long Bay make it an ideal place to take your horse into the ocean. You can book a one hour ride or a 90 minute ride. We can arrange for transportation to and from your hotel.Reservations are required. A Visa or Mastercard number is required for all reservations, as well as weights and experience levels of all riders in your group so that we can properly assign horses to riders.We are a fully insured and licensed business in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have visited Provo Ponies three times. I recommend to any friends I have visiting Provo. The service and experience are spectacular. it is a true life experience to ride a horse on the beach and in the ocean. If you can do it DO IT! The guides are nice and patient. It's worth every penny.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"bucket list"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We did a private ride with Kristen. The owner and Kristen placed my children on appropriate horses for their ability-- they asked a lot of questions about our riding ability (which I answered truthfully). All three of my boys did great. My youngest, 7, needed some help but Kristen had no trouble keeping him and Sunshine on track. We trotted a bit and then enjoyed a long walk in the ocean. Fantastic!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was a fantastic experience. The coolest thing for the five of us was probably when we rode the horses into the water at Long Beach, it was a calm day with no wind and kite surfers so it was just us and the horses in the water. On some occasions the horses swam with us on their backs, magical feeling! Our guides were very careful to find the right horse for the right rider and very anxious that you had a good time with your horse. Our guide borrowed our camera and took pictures of us on the horses out in the water, which we really appreciate. We could borrow shoes before we rode out. We are from Sweden and we got a Swedish guide with us good and perfect, we felt very safe with her! Good price for the fantastic experience you get. One of our highlights of our vaccation.Book early, it's super 'trendy!

1  Thank LovethelifeIlive
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had 8 of us in our group and had decided over a month ago that we wanted to do this. So glad we booked it a month ago or we probably wouldn't have all gotten to go. This is a very popular excursion. I hadn't been on a horse in years but the guides explain it all to you. The horses love the water and it was the coolest thing to be out in the sea on horseback. Well worth the price and you will have a blast.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was the highlight of my trip. Riding the ponies into the aquamarine Caribbean waters was amazing! I rode on Dreamer, who apparently is the smartest pony there, but isn't easily fazed and is a muncher. He definitely pulled on the reins a bit, while we were still in the pen to "test" me out, however, once we got moving, he was perfectly fine and I'm a beginner. Just have to watch out for bushes as he tends to start meandering over to them for a snack. The guide who hung back with those of us who were beginners and were riding "slower" ponies was great. Very patient and kind, kept the horses moving if they got too slow, etc. Once we entered the water though, it was something else. It was a surreal being in that clear water, thigh high in water (while on a horse!). The guide took great pictures of my friend and I.

Definitely go, and both email and call them to make a reservation as they are popular. They're closed on Sundays. For attire, I'd recommend at least capris, long sleeves, sneakers, and a hat as you'll be in the sun for a while. They also have attire you can borrow if you lack any of the above. Helmets are optional, I wore one for reassurance, but you're really not in any danger of falling as the horses are used to the occasional car that drives by. Also, pay the $10 for pick up/drop off from your hotel, totally worth it!

2  Thank cegar