“Good Fun”
Review of Provo Ponies

Provo Ponies
More attraction details
Owner description: Provo Ponies is a small riding stable located on the southeast end of the island of Providenciales. We do two guided rides a day, morning ride at 9:30am and an afternoon ride at 3:30pm during winter hours, 4:30 during the summer. We can take all experience levels from 7 years old and up (if they are younger they must be experienced riders). There is an extra charge if someone must be led. Everyone rides their own horse or pony, no double riding. We have a 250 pound weight limit. Groups are never more than 12 riders. Private rides are available for an additional fee. Helmets are available and are required for children 17 and under.We ride along quiet dirt roads and trails to Long Bay Beach, a 4 mile long beach. We do our best not to do nose to tail type rides, and more experienced riders are given the chance to trot or canter along the beach depending on the tides. The shallow waters of the Caicos Banks off Long Bay make it an ideal place to take your horse into the ocean. You can book a one hour ride or a 90 minute ride. We can arrange for transportation to and from your hotel.Reservations are required. A Visa or Mastercard number is required for all reservations, as well as weights and experience levels of all riders in your group so that we can properly assign horses to riders.We are a fully insured and licensed business in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

As someone who's riding skill consists of a couple of donkey rides on Weymouth beach thirty years ago this is not something I could ever see myself doing. This is one of the reasons I went along and I am so glad I did. They cater for everyone and I was matched up with the perfect companion. His name was Turtle and was a big Belgian dray horse who just plodded along and let me think I was The Lone Ranger and in control. I am so greatful for the what is probably one of those once in a life time experiences.

2  Thank Kevin H
"bucket list"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I LOVED IT!!!!!!
One of the best horse riding experiences I have been on. The horses are friendly and the workers are very helpful. I coud already ride when I went but it's suitable for all abilities and ages. I rode a cute chestnut horse called Ruby and she was georgous.
First the instructors showed the beginners how to ride and gave us all a safety talk. When we had all mounted and were ready to go we started riding down a rocky path that lead to the beach. We were all chatting and riding alongside each other even though most of us had come on their own (like me as I was the only rider in my family). As soon as we reached the beach it was amazing white sands and blue seas.
We all rode into the water which the horses throughly enjoyed as we all took photos. Great for beginners but amazing for people who could ride as we got to canter along the beach. The wind in our hair and the sand beneath us. It was ' Breathtaking ' .
I definately want to go back again but you must book in advance as the rides are so popular. Quite expensive but well worth the money and I recomend it to all!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My family went to Turks and Caicos in the summer, but I'm the only horseback rider in the family so I went by myself. They sent us a form to sign before hand since I wasn't 18 yet, so if parent don't want to go with older kids that is a possibility.
Its a great deal to pay for them to pick you up! They have their own little pink car and its well worth the 10 dollars or so they charge. Much easier and probably cheaper then getting a taxi, or trying to drive yourself there.
The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgable. When you get there they put you on a horse they feel would be a good match for your level. They have both english and western saddles, so if you have a preference, just let them know! I usually ride english, but thinking back I probably should have ridden in a western saddle since they are a bit more comfy, especially for longer more relaxed rides. Beginners are given a "mini-lesson" to ensure they have an idea of what to do on a horse. They also ask all experienced riders to start, stop and turn your horse to make sure you know what your doing. I think we all know those people who claim they know how to ride after being on a horse once 20 years ago ;)
Our group of riders was absolutely fantastic! They said we were one of the best groups. No one cried, everyone trotted a little bit going down to the beach, and no horses tried to eat plants on the way there or back! The actual ride was breathtaking. We got to go into the water so that water went over the saddle. And they take pictures! They give people with cameras a fanny pack that you can place across you chest so your camera doesn't get wet.
Advanced riders are able to canter if it is low tide!! This is stated very clearly on their website so make sure to look at the tide charts if you want to canter! It was so much fun. We were just flying down the beach.
Overall I would recommend this to both advanced riders and people who have never ridden before, as well as to families with children (as young as 8, but maybe younger depending on their comfort around horses and maturity level) or solo riders. And do the 90 minute ride, its worth every penny!

1  Thank Wildheart1996
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great experience! Cancelled twice due to rain, 3rd try we got to ride. The people were wonderful; the horses gave us an amazing experience riding in the ocean. It was the hi-light of our trip! Thank you Patches & Pilgrim.