“Honeymoon ride”
Review of Provo Ponies

Provo Ponies
More attraction details
Owner description: Provo Ponies is a small riding stable located on the southeast end of the island of Providenciales. We do two guided rides a day, morning ride at 9:30am and an afternoon ride at 3:30pm during winter hours, 4:30 during the summer. We can take all experience levels from 7 years old and up (if they are younger they must be experienced riders). There is an extra charge if someone must be led. Everyone rides their own horse or pony, no double riding. We have a 250 pound weight limit. Groups are never more than 12 riders. Private rides are available for an additional fee. Helmets are available and are required for children 17 and under.We ride along quiet dirt roads and trails to Long Bay Beach, a 4 mile long beach. We do our best not to do nose to tail type rides, and more experienced riders are given the chance to trot or canter along the beach depending on the tides. The shallow waters of the Caicos Banks off Long Bay make it an ideal place to take your horse into the ocean. You can book a one hour ride or a 90 minute ride. We can arrange for transportation to and from your hotel.Reservations are required. A Visa or Mastercard number is required for all reservations, as well as weights and experience levels of all riders in your group so that we can properly assign horses to riders.We are a fully insured and licensed business in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Honeymoon ride”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Provo Ponies was a great experience & the staff was amazing. They ride you right ink the ocean. I'd highly recommend.

Phoenix, Arizona
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Do it!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a fantastic morning our family had with Provo Ponies! My husband, our 9 and 12 year old daughters, and myself had the perfect horses chosen for us by the guides. We rode Ike, Pilgrim, Rapido and Sunshine on the 90 minute tour (which was more like 3 hours when all was said and done). After a nice trail ride, we hit the gorgeous waters of Long Bay Beach. I'd say we were in the water up to the horses bellies for at least 45 minutes. The horses loved it and so did we! The mosquitoes got me on the trail ride back so grab a quick spray of bug repellant before you head out. Our guides were friendly and knowledgable and took great pictures of us. They work very hard to ensure a memorable, safe experience so please tip them.

1 Thank Klauswife
Winfield, West Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Dream Come True!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

There were 10 of us, all with little to no riding experience, ages 6 to 60. Everyone had a great time! Riding in the ocean was unbelievable. Thanks everyone at Provo Ponies!

Pickering, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Big fun in the surf”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A slow paced 60 minute ride which included about a half hour up to the horses belly in the water. Although it was your choice to be in the water or on the beach. The guides are extremely knowledgeable and personable, took pictures using the cameras of each rider, and shared their favourite places on the island which would enhance your visit. The pace may have be a little pedestrian for more experienced riders, but the camaraderie with the guides make it a memory to treasure.

1 Thank CdnTeamZuzu
Thornton, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fulfilled one of my bucket list wishes!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have always dreamed of riding a horse along the beach. Provo Ponies fulfilled my wish. They do an excellent job matching their horses with the riders. They know their horses very well. They have extra fanny packs, and water shoes in case you forgot yours. I wore swim shoes. Then they take you toward the beach. Once at the water, the horses head in, and they love it. The waves crashes against you will get you wet, but it helps cool you and the horses off. We spent most of our ride in the surf. We went on a 9am ride. My horse loved the water, and with the heat I was glad to let him enjoy. I can't wait to ride again next year on my trip. Just remember your sunscreen.