“Nikki Beach was the BEST CHOICE!”
Review of Blue Haven Resort

Blue Haven Resort
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Nikki Beach was the best choice we could have made. From the limo pickup at the airport, everything was amazing. Since it was my boyfriend's birthday there was a cake and balloons and champagne waiting in our room when we arrived. The weather was a bit cloudy over the weekend, but that didn't damper our trip at all. The grounds are gorgeous, and the staff always friendly and helpful. The restaurant ambiance is quaint and the food was great. The Sunday brunch was extensive and delicious, with everything from an omelette station to sushi to steak and dessert!.....all of it was amazing! Unfortunately, we had to leave too soon, but will definitely stay longer next time!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiamiBunny

Reviewed June 15, 2009

I am a little confused with some of the reviews that I have read. I recently returned from my stay at Nikki Beach and loved every minute while i was there (minus the rain which they had no control over) I think all of the management introduced themselves to me at one point or another and all seemed to know my name after the second day.

I was there for a wedding and the place was gorgeous, we ended up extending our stay becasuse we were having so much fun. The wedding was on a Sunday and they put together a beautiful ceremony. The wedding group was about 60 people and there was at least that many people not associated with the wedding also at their very large and worthwhile brunch. The pool bar was a blast Devon and Garth were great bartenders and if we got our drinks from them or the beach attendant it never took more then 5-10minutes. The rest of the week was a bit slower but the pool bar was open everyday and there was an attendant that would come around every so often to check on us.

The prices were about $30 for an entree but we found that to be true with all of the good restaurants the same goes for the automatic tip/service fee every restaurant that we went to had this added. The Fish was fresh and the chef was amazing we couldn't eat enough, try the grouper its great, and the sushi is the best on island.

Its true that Nikki Beach is on the far Eastern point of the island, but the entire island is only 16 miles long, so the drive to get to "town" is only 5-10minutes away. It was actually really nice to be secluded at Nikki Beach, when we went to Grace Bay we had to deal with the kids and dogs running by to disturb you.

The rooms were spacious and very clean. The Personal Assistants were such a big help for setting up all of our activities, we didn't need to think the whole time we were there, we told them what we wanted to do and it was set. The staff at the restaurant we very helpful with giving suggestions for other places to go eat.

Overall we had the best trip ever, we plan to come back for the New Years party at the end of the year, from what we were told it was quite the party for 09.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank poloplyr1771
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Accomodations are lovely. Service was sloppy and curt. Food was the worst we have had anywhere on the island. We have travelled to TCI six years in a row. Go to the IGA and buy dinner before eating here. Overpriced, over rated, oils were rancid in two entrees we ordered. We complained , nothing was done and we left the restaurant without finishing what was edible, and never returned. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank tcidreamer
NikkiBeachTCI, General Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2009

I would like to start by thanking you for providing feedback. We don’t usually receive specific feedback often enough and when we do I find it highly important to review and act on to continually improve service and quality. Our feedback is usually very positive so I immediately met with the mgmt team regarding your comments. It is our goal for 100% guest satisfaction, and my biggest disappointment is that these items weren’t remedied during your stay. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the resort rooms and amenities. We are very proud of how beautiful our resort is and how it stands out on island as a leading property.

Reviewed May 12, 2009

We spent a week at Nikki's Turks & Caicos resort. Our suite was $600 a night, and lovely, absolutely what you would expect for the money. The resort was really gorgeous, the pool area beautiful. The beach, well, miniscule, and there will be no long walks along the beach for you... the harbor is on one side and a causeway is on the other. Everything else was VASTLY overrated. The food was overpriced and bordering on AWFUL. I really expected great food. Nikki did NOT deliver. And they're known for-- what? Pizza and hamburgers??? Are you kidding me??? Am I at Joe's Family Restaurant or one of the "hottest" destinations on the planet? I ordered french toast for breakfast one morning which was supposed to be served with "Chantilly cream and fresh berries". I got one HALF of a strawberry. Hmmm, seriously? I could have had a better breakfast at Bob Evans for 3.95, but this mess (2 pieces of bread dipped in egg?) cost $25.00. And their "world famous" mojito was about the worst I've ever had. Drink service was not good- expect to wait about an hour or two for someone to come by if you're at the pool or beach. You would think that for $15 a drink they would be coming around more often to take your money! Very unattentive staff. The "Exclusive Pearl Lounge" is just an extension of the outdoor dining room. *yawn* I will say the appetizers they were serving were mostly good, and the staff were attentive there for the events we attended. The Cinco De Mayo party was an absolute bomb. (and not the good use of the word) Maybe 15 people there? And the food was very mediocre from what I heard. I'm glad we went off site for my only good meal of the week. (Go to Coco Bistro for good food on Provo.) If they spent half the money/energy that they spend making themselves seem so incredible on maybe developing a menu or learning about customer service they might just live up to their own over blown inflated image.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Neptunemonkey
Reviewed April 18, 2009

My husband and I went on our honeymoon here. It was all that we asked for and more. The resort was like no other on the island. It was beautiful and relaxing with amazing service. The beach was very nice. Although manmade, it had cabanas to relax on with ocean and pool side service. On thursday-sunday, you can relax by the pool with music (occasionally a DJ) and drinks brought to you. On the other days though, it is quieter and you must get up to get your drinks. EVERYTHING on the island is very expensive. This includes Nikki Beach. I recommend going to the local grocery store and buying your own snacks, food, and drinks for your trip. A beer at the pool is $5-6 and a drink is $10-12 each. The restaurant was good. There are many other restaurants on the island that are much better though (Coco Bistro, Parallel 23, Magnolia, Yoshis, Coyaba, Graces Cottage...etc). There is a dining guide. I suggest going through it and trying everything. Nikki beach is about a $30(+) cab ride into Grace Bay (only really 3 miles but again everything is expensive) so if you think you are going to be driving in and out of town a lot or exploring the island one day, I recommend renting a car (~65 a day). All in all, the trip was amazing. Bring lots of money. Nikki beach is great. Not busy at all. Very quiet. No there are not celebrities lined up at the pool. But if you want a beautiful hotel with great service. Stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coliebishop
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Was given a free upgrade still 2nd floor, Magnificent room with stove, oven, subzero fridge. House cleaning everyday, turn down every night. Need a car.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2009

First off, I must state that the property is beautiful, I originally booked a King suite but got the upgrade to a 2-bed suite for the same money. That in it self made the trip a deal never mind I really did not need all the space. The property bills itself as a party spot but there really was no one there and to be fair the entire island was pretty dead. A big note should be made to the fact that there were several children running around and that was a bit unnearving considering the fact that Nikki Beack clearly states that no children under 12 are allowed. I guess that due to the economy and lack of guests they made exceptions. I actually witnessed a couple immediatly check out upon seeing the kids and they ended up at the Sands where ironically there were more kids.
The food was fair at best and grossly overpriced. A breakfast for 2, an omelet, pancakes, coffee, juice will set you back $70.00. They charge a 10% service fee on everything making the taxi ride into civilzation for $30 round trip worthwhile. At least there you can have a great meal for a reasonable price. Your even better off renting a car for about $50 a day.
The one thing I found to be very odd and to underscore the level of poor service you can expect here is the fact that they only open the pool bar on Saturday and Sunday and the other outside bar only opens up at night. If you want a drink while sunning you will have to wait for one of the very rare attendants to viist you and then wait some more for them to return in maybe an hour after taking your order. I actually asked if they were driving to another property to get the drinks considering the bars were closed and the length of time it took them to bring back a drink. It actually turned out to be a blessing as we just ventured out off property and found many places that we enjoyed and in turn did not have to pay $30 for just 2 drinks. Yes, you read correctly.
The other issue I has was with the sand and man made beach as compared to everytwhere else on the island. It was filled with shells and somewhat hard on the feet. It looked as though it was dredged from the marina next door. Compare this to say Grace Bay and there is no comparison. The sand on Brace Bay is like powder as it is all over. Also, you have a limited swimming area as the beach is in a channel so if you go out say 40 yards you will get caught in the current and swept out.
Nikki Beach is an odd place because it, like all of the other properties on the island, is a condominium and the managment team tries to run it like a hotel.
Some get it right some do not, I think that Nikki Beach is at the top in terms of rooms and overall quality of the site and grounds but seriously lacks when it comes to service and overall experience. You simply do not feel like your in the Carribean here as compared to other sites that we visited but yet everything is beautiful.
Bottom line, there seem to be better deals in the terms of cost per room at sites that pay more attention to service and ammenities and they are closer to the local shops and restaurants so I would recommend researching before you go. They also are all on Grace Bay Beach which is incredible.
If you want night life and clubbing and think that the promotional vidoes and pictures are what its' like then think again. But then again the whole island is pretty quiet.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple