Blue Haven Resort
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$585
$567
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$488
$375
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$663
$550
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$465
The Sands at Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$560
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$1,113
$697
Orbitz.com
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$800
Hotels.com
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$269
Orbitz.com
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,267
$1,091
getaroom.com
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,195
All reviewssister propertiessalt barbeach housefree shuttleice restaurantprivate beachgrace baypool barwater trampolinehigh end appliancesrental carbedroom suiteshuttle serviceguest servicesrum punchwasher and dryeromelette station
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Mid December I had the pleasure of staying at the Blue Haven Resort with my family for a week. It was a week I will never forget! The place is completely styled out, has everything we needed and a super friendly staff! Although it is still new and the staff is clearly getting up and running everything was arranged to perfection.

Also being an avid kite-surfer, this place gave me direct access to some of the most mind-blowing spots I have seen in my life... I'll be back :)

Room Tip: Penthouse - hands down!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear that you had ‘mind-blowing’ kite boarding! Thank you so much for posting your generous comments and we will certainly pass your kind comments on to the staff. We can’t wait to have you back with us.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family's experience was similar to previous reviewers, in that we had reserved two rooms - described in advertising as having a kitchen, balcony, and many other amenities. Unfortunately, upon arrival we were offered two small rooms instead, ours not even having a refrigerator! (We had brought food items along in order to make breakfast and lunch ourselves.) Showing our printed-out reservation with the room description and price didn't seem to particularily concern the reception staff. After several hours of patient waiting, we were finally given ONE unit as described - and it was great. The response concerning the other room was, over the course of the days we were there, that they had to check with the manager. After spending too much of our brief stay there going to reception to see what the manager (who never seemed to be around) had said, they ultimately offered our adult daughters a continental breakfast as reimbursement for having to stay in a small room which was not what they had reserved. (This ofcourse, had no value to us, since we had brought out own breakfast food.) I would also like to note, that when we were shown to our replacement room, it was clear that a smoker had stayed there (although it was a non-smoking unit). Fortunately, the smell cleared out after a day of airing.
It is disappointing that our pricey weekend clebrating a milestone birthday was marred by the management's refusal to take responsibilty for the room "errors", let alone offer an apology. The not-yet-completed resort is lovely, and most of the staff were friendly and helpful. But the apparent indifference of the management left a bad taste in my mouth.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank pukamin
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to Blue Haven. We would like to assure you that your feedback has been very carefully noted, and would like to thank you for bringing these details to our attention. Through reviews like yours, we have discovered that a 3rd party vendor has featured a Blue Haven room category in a way that may be misunderstood. We are currently working with the vendor to correct the wording to be clearer. Please be assured that our management is anything but indifferent and guest satisfaction and enjoyment is our highest priority. Please contact the General Manager Gerry Dallas at the resort through our general email so he may work directly with you to rectify the topic.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here (as did others) as an add on stay from somewhere else.We were here for our 2nd week of a 2 week stay. I had been here a few months before to visit the site, and I knew the resort was lovely. The regular rooms are fantastic and the suites even more so.

This is a great quite place and it is a bit desolate. This is ideal for some people like honeymooners, or someone who wants to read or write and relax. We were already on island and had a car, so the quiet was welcomed for sure. It is NOT the place if you are looking for entertainment and lots of food choices. I had expected the Market Place to be open but it was not. (we did venture over to the Atrium, and that was a good place for a light bite in the AM). There is no kitchenette or other food facility in the regular /studio room like at other resorts. I am sure this is not obvious from the website because it was not obvious to me. They did try to upgrade me to the 1 bedroom with a kitchen but I could not choke down the price. The staff did bring us a small refrigerator and a coffee pot but the microwave they promised never materialized. We managed cereal and yogurt for breakfast and cold cuts for lunch.

I had no trouble with the room other than not having a wastebasket or a coffee pot (at first) but the staff rectified that right away. The maid and the beach attendants were all great. We did eat at the restaurant once and it was so expensive for breakfast, we never went back. I do understand from others that the restaurant is very good for dinner.

I would stay here again if the price was right but the accommodations were pricy for our budget. Add in the cost of car rental and the food, and this wound up to be a pretty pricey vacation. (1200 for airfare, 500 for car and gas, 1700 for accommodations and that's a 3400 base price without doing or eating anything).

I also think that they could use more seating (out in the gazebo and outside of the walk out rooms). I for one, get tired of sitting on chaise lounges all day long and I could use a table to put the book or Ipad.
I love the island but the prices are driving us away even though we are the target market based on age and income.

Room Tip: if you can, try for walk out because you are 30 steps from the water.
1  Thank Maria_Maraki02
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your review - we're glad you enjoyed your stay at our quiet and peaceful resort. Our Market will be open in March, so there will be a wide array of shopping options on site and we will serve the breakfast there. You will be happy to know that we have started to include breakfast in the room rate. While Blue Haven is great for relaxing due to the privacy, it is also the ideal spot for eco-adventures and watersports. Our affiliated marina and the great location in close proximity to the mangroves, diving and fishing spots as well as the ferry service to North and South Caicos makes Blue Haven the ideal platform to experience Turks and Caicos at its best. We do offer special deals throughout the year, so we hope one of these might entice you to return to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I would like to confirm the previous reviewer's experience was accurate to ours. We had the same experience through JetBlue where the "premier room" was not accurate to the room described online. We were able to get upgraded to the one bedroom suite for $180 per night extra (tax+service included) which is a beautiful room but the previous reviewer is correct that stuff breaks down, the staff is polite but not attentive with the exception of one front desk concierge who made things happen with the upgrade after a couple days of being strung along.

I would not come back and would recommend trying one of the resorts closer to Grace Bay or Alexandra beach.

3  Thank Theartguy
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to Blue Haven. Since your departure we have discovered that a 3rd party vendor featured a Blue Haven room category in a way that may be misunderstood. We are currently working with the vendor to correct the wording to be clearer.

Thank you again for the understanding that you exhibited during the discussions we had while you were still with us at Blue Haven. We hope that we were able win your trust back and that we will be able to welcome you again soon when you return to Blue Haven.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Let me start by saying my stay hasn't ended but there is so much to say about this hotel I didn't want to forget. As other reviewers have said,the hotel is new but there is still a lot in progress which was not clearly identified on their website or in local advertising. For example they advertise the market and cafe...both are under construction. However that is just beginning of false advertising. I booked a premier ocean view room, however there was nothing premier with this room. The room I was given was a standard hotel room, small sitting area, no kitchenette and a view of a roof. This was not what was advertised on their site or Travelocity site. I've stayed in many top hotels and resorts around world and I read the fine print so needless to say I was very disappointed with this room. Fortunately they were able to upgrade me to a one bedroom ocean view suite...for an additional $200 night. Granted the upgrade lists for 650 night and I'm paying less but the primary reason I booked this hotel was for their winter discount deal...at this rate I could've stayed at grace bay or seven stars and at least know what I'm getting.

The positive side of the room....it's gorgeous!!! But everyday something breaks, tv not working,wifi slow, bathroom light and fan not working, robes with rips in the belts, water not turned on, laundry basket with cracked handles. I know what you're thinking why are you watching tv, on web and doing laundry on vacation....and I agree these are small issues when you awake to a beautiful view of the island, however the small nuances are just that...annoying!!! It's almost like there is no quality control on cleaning of the rooms. The room is brand new how are so many things not working? (Note..we are still waiting for our bathroom fan to be fixed after 5 days)

The staff is also not attentive (with exception of shauna who is a doll). But I've noticed customer service is more of a culture thing here. Probably the weakest customer service of any island I've been too compared to aruba, Mexico, punta Cana, all of Caribbean. I've heard from other guests of other hotels the same complaint, restaurant service is very slow and not attentive to details. Again Im laying out expectation for all those looking to visit the island, my expectations were higher for an island rated as high as Turks and Caicos.

Be prepared to minimally spend $300 day on food and drinks. We take full advantage of our kitchen for breakfast and lunch, however dinner has been running $165 night for good food and subpar service. My comparison to restaurants is against NYC quality and aruba...both providing wonderful food and service something I've yet to experience here.

The hotel has HUGE potential,grounds, pool, bar, restaurant is beautiful...but for guests to come here...furthest point of the island not next to anything...you have to provide above class service and I'm not experiencing that.

Recommendations for future guests...rent a car, request minimally 1 bedroom suite, be prepared to venture off hotel for entertainment. Be prepared for a quiet intimate hotel, if you need live entertainment, activities and lots of people, this is not the hotel for you.

I hope my feedback helps management make changes as I believe this hotel has potential to be fabulous. Any guests wanting feedback please don't hesitate to message me, my review is factual and based on experiences compared to a number of top resorts I've stayed at and unfortunately I cant list this resort as part of my top list.

5  Thank msasbg
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you very much for your input, which is of course not satisfying for us. The maintenance issues you mentioned are being addressed as a matter of highest priority. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. We are in the final stages of opening, the 2 remaining amenities to add at Blue Haven are the Market and the Spa. In the meantime, we do offer spa services in our Beach front Gazebo and in suite.

Our premier guest room is advertised on our website as a studio with 600 sq ft, which is quite unique as an entry room category for most hotels. It is mentioned clearly on our web site that only the suites include kitchens and balconies, so we apologize if this was misunderstood.

It is especially disappointing for us that you felt that the staff was inattentive as we pride ourselves with a very customer oriented service philosophy and our guests generally comment very positively about that.

Dining in Turks and Caicos definitely comes at a premium price, which is true for most Caribbean luxury destinations. Our restaurants, Salt and Fire & Ice, are actually priced significantly below most fine dining restaurants in Turks and Caicos. For instance, a generously sized Beef Tenderloin for USD 28 shows the good value that we offer in a sophisticated atmosphere.

We take your feedback very seriously and will continue to work on all comments.
Gerry Dallas – General Manager