I vacationed here with my family from August 27 to September 5th. We arrived just after Hurricane Irene had made her grand entrance. The property was beautiful, but it is definitely bouncing back from all the wind and rain. The beach is small and man-made, but it affords lovely views, and the water is crystal clear and warm. (Not like the frigid New England waters back home). The resort is clean and tidy and just about every morning, the resort staff sweep the walkways clear of sand and other debris. This is one well looked after property. The staff here is supremely helpful; the Leeward is very lucky to have Donn as their property manager. You have a question, he has an answer, or he will find it. The staff manager, Nicola, is also amazing. Between the two of them, this resort is exceptionally well run.
While you can book through the resort (Allied Management), we discovered this unit and contacted its owner through www.vrbo.com and dealt directly with him. The room is really delightful. It is on the second floor facing the beach and is accessible via two stairways. There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen/dining area/tv room, and a washer/dryer in the unit. Each bedroom has a connecting bathroom, a king sized bed, and a flat screen TV. My parents shared one room, and my sister and I, the other. Our room is spacious; containing a king bed, two side tables, a dresser (the drawers themselves are not very deep), two lamps (one per bedside), and a ceiling fan with dimmer light (at print, the light does not work). There is a large walk-in closet and the bathroom has a shower/bath combination with one sink, but plently of counter space.
All of the appliances appear to be new and top of the line. The kitchen is a dream, although do beware the cabinets; the doors do not stay open, one must hold it open. All of the cabinets and drawers are seamless, even the refridgerator melds into this streamlined kitchen concept. The stove is electric, so do ask or Google if you're unsure how to use it. The kitchen is pretty well equipped with various dishware, glassware, silverware, pots and the like. And did I mention lots of cabinet space? In this particular unit, do be careful when opening the fridge door, it swings open and can hit the wall if you're not watching it.
There is a cleaning crew who comes daily, and if you don't want to be disturbed, leave the unti's conch shell outside the door. It's the island's version of "Do Not Disturb".
We booked our unit during the slow season, so it's been nice and quiet* during our time here. A few people do live permanently in the units, but most rent out. And this being August-September, DO bring bug spray and anti-itch ointments. After 4pm, it really gets buggy here, but any time during the day, and especially before and after a rain shower be prepared. The skeeters and no-see-ums are the worst culprits. I recommend a product like Off! with a high percentage of DEET. I have Off! with 98% DEET, and I've still gotten multiple bites.
And sunscreen. Anywhere in the 30+ range during on your preference.
I hope my review helps those looking for a place to stay in Provo. My vacation time here has only been one of doing alot of nothing-and it's been great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Haven Resort & Marina offers a relaxing atmosphere for guests of all ages with something in common: a love for the turquoise water in the Turks and Caicos Islands and all the amazing activities it provides. With our ideal placement at the tip of Providenciales, Blue Haven Resort & Marina is only minutes away from world-class diving, deep sea fishing, bone fishing, kite boarding, eco-kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding or just plain cruising over to the uninhabited cays located within view. Blue Haven Resort & Marina provides easy access to all your favorite fishing and watersport activities. And when you get back...Soak in our infinity edged pool, wind down with a spa treatment at Elevate Spa or enjoy a meal at Fire & Ice, SALT or MARKET cafe and deli. Guests also receive daily breakfast dining credits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Blue Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leeward Hotel Providenciales
- Nikki Beach Providenciales
- Blue Haven Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales