“HIGHLY Recommend!”
Review of Grand Turk Diving

Grand Turk Diving
Reviewed May 14, 2013

As others have said before, the staff and crew at GT Diving are top notch. We had a great experience on our snorkel adventure. We hit four spots, including Gibb's Cay, and our group had a fantastic experience. Loved the little touches for kids and adults and it was very much appreciated by our group. Smitty and Jake made the trip as memorable as it was. Chris and Al also made our planning very simple. Thanks to all who pull this together every day. You guys rock!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"awesome dive"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked a snorkeling excursion with Grand Turk Diving for the day our cruise ship docked in Grand Turk. We booked it months ago so needless to say we had a few long months for the anticipation to build up so it would be easy to be let down since we'd built and built the excitement up for it.

It was everything we'd hoped it would be and more! We are a group of 10 girls (late 20's to early 30's) who like to have a good time and try new things and our day spent snorkeling was such an amazing experience for us all to share. We had wonderful customer service from the second we contacted grand turk diving to set up payment and any questions we had.

Once our carnival ship docked we walked a little down the beach and Jake our tour guide was right there waiting for us to hop on his boat. Such a great guy and our group (10 girls dont forget) would've been just fine riding in his boat without even snorkeling, haha. He's a very charming and handsome English man who was more than happy to answer any questions or worries some of the girls had since for some it was their first time snorkeling. He honestly was an amazing tour guide who is so passionate about what he does. This company is lucky to have him! He made our experience something we will never forget!!

Jake was very accommodating to fit in as many stops as we could and still be back to our ship in plenty of time. You'd never get that kind of service when choosing to go with a more commercial type snorkling excursion. We are all so glad we went with a private company that's not affiliated through the cruise ships. Those guides pick up the sting rays and nurse sharks. We are all guests in their home and our guide Jake respects all of these amazing creatures. We loved touching them but picking them up and taking out of the water for long periods of time is just a way the commercial type companies work for extra tips.

Absolutely snorkel / dive with this company! To please all 10 girls isn't easy but Jake and Grand Turk Diving Co did that and it's a day we will never forget!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I dove for a week with Grand Turk Divers. The wall diving is beautiful and the dive instructors and masters helpful and watchful above and below the water. I want to thank Jake, my very knowledgeable, skilled and freindly dive instructor, who guided me through my 5 PADI Advanced Open Water knowledge reviews and dives, Smitty and Jason, divemasters, who were always around with their freindly experience and help, and Chris, who scheduled everything and made things easy.
My skill and confidence as a diver grew with them. They were great to hang out with on the boat and at their dive shop. I travelled alone and it was fun to spend time with them.
I really enjoyed the other divers on the boat. This was my first trip to the Caribbean and dove with a number of folks who have been diving with Smitty for 15-20 years. They came from all over the U.S., including two couples from Alaska, New York, Boston, Michigan and some new great freinds from Ireland. I really felt welcome among them, going out to eat in the evenings with them, and sharing diving experiences above and below the water. I hope to dive with them many more times with Grand Turk Divers. Thanks again to all of them!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I dove with Grand Turk Dive Co on April 18th, 2013. In Grand Turk for the day on a Carnival cruise. Nice laidback, professional operation. Prompt easy emails and payment online, gave detailed instructions and directions. Al at the shop set me up with rental equipment, and I dove two tank dives with Smitty as DM. 3 other divers on the first dive, and after a surface interval back at the shop, only Smitty and myself on the second! The dive boat is moored on the beach about 100 yards from the shop, and the sites are generally less than 5 min away. Great sealife, and the wall dropping away to 7000' is incredible. Afterward, knowing I had to get back to my ship, Smitty dropped me on the beach at the pier, literally in the shadow of the Carnival Liberty! Couldn't have been more convenient.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My name is Tim and I am writing under my wifes account. On this trip my son and I dove on Grand Turk and St. Martin. The under water sights were over the top on Grand Turk. The wall diving is great. The reef is VERY healthy, the fish life is abundent. When you are crusing the wall it is something to pry your eyes off of all the sea life and look down. The ocean turns to blue and you know that under you it is 7000 feet to the bottom
Grand Turk Diving is a very safe operation. All the dive masters we met were friendly and helpful. Jake was our dive master and they had another man, his name also started with a J, I am bad at remembering names. We were a group of 9 with ages from 5 to 65. We had two divers and 7 snorklers. They made is a good trip for all. The snorklers would swim on the top of the reef and the divers droped over the edge to dive the wall. It was nice to all be in the same boat as a family, Jake made it work.
Their equipment was in good shape and repair. I mention this because two years ago we dove with another operation on Grand turk and their equipment was in such bad shape it should have been thrown away.
All in all if you go with Grand Turk Diving you will have a great and safe time.

1  Thank Vernalyn