“Stay here if you can. Just lovely.”
Review of Grand Turk Inn

Grand Turk Inn
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked for two nights from Provo . Met by Katrina the owner at the airport, very welcoming . Shown to a lovely suite, fully equipped, fabulous roof terrace to watch the sun come down. Great breakfast, clean, comfortable, amazing value, cold a/c. Opposite is an idyllic sandy beach where the local dive operators will pick up and drop off; dive sites max 6 minutes away!

This is an instant destress treatment run by a professional with high standards, and you'd struggle to find better digs anywhere in the world at this price. Add to that the sleepy beauty of Grand Turk and the result is hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David98

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our stay at the Grand Turk Inn made our trip wonderful! The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Our room opened out onto a balcony that overlooks the ocean. The inn itself has lots of character and is beautiful inside and out. The location is also perfect, Close to town but not part of the hustle and bustle. It's also right on the beach with a small beach space in front of the house that is hidden from the road. Katrina was a huge help in getting us oriented to the island. She helped us get groceries and helped us get where we needed to go. The other staff at the inn are very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was great every morning. Katrina also has bikes, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, snorkel gear and noodle chairs to use.
Just the perfect place to stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaurenRebeccaH
Reviewed June 16, 2013

On May 26, 2013, I traveled to Grand Turk for the first time, both to see the island and to learn more about my family's history. I am a middle aged woman who traveled alone. The Grand Turk Inn sounded like just what I was looking for- safe, clean, comfortable, well-located and spacious. It was all that and more! Katrina, the owner, could not have been more helpful and gracious. She picked me up at the airport, drove me around the island to give me an overview, and brought me to her inn. When we arrived, I could not have been happier. it was exactly what I had hoped for- perfect location, a large upstairs suite- with a private rooftop balcony and an awesome view!- a rocking chair porch, a beach across the street, and loads of charm. Donovan is the caretaker, and he is a sweetheart. He quietly brings breakfast in the morning (the only negative was the bagels - but I'm from New York, so our bagel standards may be impossibly high, LOL!). He is most helpful and polite in a quiet, unintrusive way. On my second day there, Katrina came and drove me to the supermarket for some grocery shopping. She even made an extra stop to help me find crackers. She is a wonderful host with a laid-back style, who made me feel like we were old friends. She and Donovan set me up with a bike and a camera (I had lost mine just before departing from home), which really allowed me to broaden my exploring of the island. Katrina suggested where to eat each night, set me up with a taxi driver who knew about the island's history, and really made my trip wonderful. I cannot imagine such a wonderful experience on Grand Turk had I not stayed at the Grand Turk Inn. Now that I'm back, I can't wait to return. And I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!.

Room Tip: I was able to take a look at a downstairs suite while it was being made up, and it was just as lovel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank LongIslandBeachGal
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife arranged a one night visit to Grand Turk while were on vacation in Provo. We flew over early one morning and were greeted at the Airport by Katrina (the Inn owner) who gave us a wonderful insight into the Island as she drove us to the Inn.

Our room was wonderful, and she had even taken the time to hang a happy birthday banner on our door, as it was my birthday. We enjoyed the supplied books and magazines about the island, but sadly didn't have enough time to read any of the other novels in the room. The bed was comfortable and cool, and everything was very clean airy and spacious.

She and her staff really went the extra mile for us, arranging for a golf cart rental (a great way to tour around the whole island), made some excellent restaurant recommendations (the Sand Bar is fantastic) and allowed us to store our luggage before our late afternoon flight back to Provo.

We'd love to return to Grand Turk and stay for a week, it has a much slower pace than Provo, but be prepared for an influx of taxi vans and tourists if a cruise ship is docked. On days when they aren't in port the island is relaxed and moves at a much slower pace. However, don't let that slow you down, the cruise ships depart by 5PM and you'll never have trouble getting a stool or seat in a restaurant!

Thank you again Katrina for making our stay so special, we sincerely hope our paths will cross again.

Room Tip: There really are no bad rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank digerati
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We wanted a quiet, relaxed honeymoon in the Carribean where we could learn to SCUBA. The Grand Turk Inn was perfect. It's intimate with a low key feel. The staff are responsive and wonderful, picking us up from the airport, and also driving us on a little tour of the island. It was easy to borrow their bikes and ride around town. We stayed in the Flamingo suite, complete with kitchen, door to the deck, living room and large bedroom. We asked for blender in our room and they were happy to accommodate. We ate our breakfast on the beautiful deck overlooking the ocean each morning, and cooked most of our meals, and make pina coladas every day. Blue Waters Divers came and picked us up each morning for our dive lessons, sometimes in the boat right across the street from the Inn - talk about amazing service. If I had it to do all over again, I would not have changed a thing. It was the perfect place to relax, soak in the sun and breezes, learn to dive, and celebrate our new marriage. I hope we make it back here some day.

Room Tip: We stayed only in the Flamingo, and loved it, particularly because it has a door from the living roo...
5  Thank Ingrid B
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were looking for somewhere a little different and slow paced for a few days of our honeymoon and found the Grand Turk Inn via Tripadvisor, so here's a review of a truly lovely Caribbean gem. We had the Conch Cottage which has its own entrance, a full kitchen, and separate sitting / eating areas and bedroom. So plenty of room for us to stretch out for a few days. The owner, Katrina was on hand and very friendly and together with her manager, Donovan we had a terrific time, relaxing on the sun deck, diving and touring the island on the Grand Turk Inn's free bicycles. While we could have used the kitchen to cook our own meals we enjoyed visiting the range of restaurants and bars in Grand Turk - tourist and local. We only stayed 3 nights but wished we had stayed longer. I can't vouch for the other options in Grand Turk but I don't see why you'd need to stay anywhere else.

1  Thank Aneil B
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We're just back from 5 nights at the Grand Turk Inn and were able to make the trip exactly what we wanted with the help of Katrina and Donovan. We spent a lot of time on the deck relaxing and reading but took their suggestions for whale watching and dinner/drink spots. We were able to enjoy our beautiful suite even more by buying groceries and cooking many meals "at home." The bikes they loaned us and our morning runs were great for exploring the island. We found plenty of secluded beaches and good diving/snorkeling just offshore. We felt like locals after just a few days; everyone is extremely friendly. If you are looking to relax with a beautiful environment and wonderful hosts, this is the place!

Room Tip: Flamingo Room gives you direct access to the deck for sunrises, sunsets and watching tourists from t...
1  Thank M Kay S
#1 of 2 in Cockburn Town
Sailrock Resort
Sailrock Resort
#2 of 3 in South Caicos

Been to Grand Turk Inn? Share your experiences!