“Saturday Barbecue Night”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went to this restaurant on January 11 half an hour after arriving at our accomodations. I had read about the famous barbecue night so we wanted to check it out. We showed up with no reservations. The barbecue had been moved inside due to a threat of rain but we were told they could set us up on the patio which was semi covered. We were so hungry and tired from our long trip from Canada we accepted. We were the only ones on the patio but the servers never forgot about us and were very attentive. The owner of the resort even made a point of coming to check on us and appologize for inconveniencing us! About half way through our amazing meal it did start to rain. We were not getting wet yet two of the servers immediately came out and pulled us in to the main dining room and seated us at a recently vacated table ! We were very impressed with everything about this restaurant and made a point of returning for our last night on the island. Again, everything was exceptional. Its a little pricey but in my mind worth every penny! We will definitely go back on our next trip to Grand Turk !

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We spent our first lunch here and had Christmas dinner as well. Lunch was nice but the service is slow and not attentive at all. My wife had to go to the bar to get a slice of lime to go with her drink. I know it's the Caribbean but the Guanahani bills itself as the premier restuarant on the island. The service needs to match up with the decor.

Christmas dinner was nice but at over $100 per person (kids pay full price) the buffet dinner was hard to justify. I actually didn't know how much it was and assumed it would be less than NewYrs which we didn't attend.

1  Thank Mikeycanuk
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Conch fritters were to die for and so was the grouper. The snapper...not so much. They have the best keylime pie my husband has ever eaten.
Really the two things to be aware of is the price and how long it takes to get the food... island time x 3.

1  Thank hhstokes
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel; but went there for the BBQ night. As soon as we got there, we noticed the friendly atmosphere right away. The patio was gorgeous - nicely decorated with lights. One lady was dancing with the kids and we found out later she was one of the managers. When she saw us, she waved us over to sit down as if we were family members at a party. For the BBQ, we picked our main meat dish and the sides were buffet style. My husband had t bone and I have ribs and they were awesome. You can see everyone there - from tourists to locals - all enjoyed the food and music. They had some cute dogs that kept us company during dinner. :)

If we ever go back to Grand Turk, we will try to stay at Bohio resort.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've made my fourth visit to Grand Turk and enjoy it more each time. The food at Guanahani is exceptional and the portions challenge even the heartiest of appetites. I've had one of my most enjoyable steak dinners prepared by Chef Jorika at the Guanahani. The staff is both friendly and accommodating and always quick with a smile. I'll be making another visit as soon as possible.

1  Thank Terry G