“Scuba Cert - couldn't be happier”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Water Divers offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My dad and I dove with Blue Water for a week and obtained our scuba certifications. The experience was unbeatable. We had an excellent instructor, Pierre, and the office staff was incredibly helpful.

Not only does te staff care about student learning and safety, but they are excellent stewards of the environment and facilitators of island life. They all have great knowledge of the ocean and marine life, but also help to clean the island and provide support to the schools and people on the island.

We chose to dive with Blue Water because of the attentive and helpful staff and will absolutely be bak for whale season. The Blue Water crew were able to help us arrange housing after making several recommendations and all advice was spot on.

The reef is teeming with life and is unparalleled in beauty. We have snorkeled many other reefs and oceans and this place has the best reef life and marine ecosystem, by far.

Life on Grand Turk is slllooowwwww, just the way we like it. Though we came on the off season, we barely see people durin the course of a day; the people you do see are friendly. The restaurants and bars are all great and after a day everyone will know your name and let you set up a tab to run the duration of your stay on the island.

If you're worries about the cruise ships and those passengers, DON'T! Even when there are multiple vessels in port, you don't even know they are here.

In short, come to Grand Turk, slow down your life, and dive with Blue Water Divers!

1  Thank Ayers120
Chris Y, Blue Water Divers Team Member at Blue Water Divers, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to point out some of the things that make Blue Water Divers special. We all really believe in the importance of environmental responsibility and I'm glad that it showed. Remember, you didn't just become a certified diver... you became an ambassador to the underwater world! We hope to see you and your father the next time you feel the desire to slow life down to Grand Turk speed again.

All reviews
in 24 reviews
"these guys"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went on a last minute cruise for spring break this year and I was unable to plan ahead like I normally would. We contacted Blue Water Divers the day before we arrived in port to schedule our outing. We did not finalize the outing until we had docked in port. Vicky was very accommodating and helpful. There were 7 in our party, all varying ages and experience levels, some with equipment and some without. We joined 4 others on the outing and had a fabulous time. Chris, our dive instructor, was awesome! When my 8 year old daughter became anxious about snorkeling over "the wall" he stayed on the boat with her. The 2 spots where we snorkeled were absolutely beautiful, full of coral and fish. When my mask malfunctioned, Chris let me borrow one of theirs. I cannot wait to return to Grand Turk and snorkel with them again. Afterwards, Chris dropped us off, at our request, at Jack's. Another must!!

Chris Y, Blue Water Diver Team Member at Blue Water Divers, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Hey, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. I'm so glad that you and your family came snorkeling with us, and I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed the marine life. You don't need to thank me for staying on the boat with your daughter though, she was the one entertaining me! I hope you all come back again sometime, and don't worry, I'll save an extra mask just for you!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Thanks to the GREAT job that the 2 dive instructors did for us! My daughter (who is not the Princess type) was a bit hesitant due to a bad experience from last summer, not at Grand Turk. Now, she wants us to book an intro to scuba diving cource when we go back to Grand Turk, on the condition we do it through Blue Water Divers! What more needs to be said about Vicky and her staff? This was her 4th time snorkeling and the 1st time she wanted to explore at the next level, which her older brother is happy about because he feels the same way! The guys were very safety conscience but not over bearing, were very knowledgeable and willing to do what it took to make sure everybody saw a lot of the underwater life and the drop of the shelf thanks to their visiting 2 great sites. Job well done! Don’t know when we’ll be back, but we’ll be in contact!

Chris Y, Blue Water Divers Team Member at Blue Water Divers, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Wow, thanks for the great review! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time. I'll be honest, there a few things we like hearing more than someone saying they are going to make the move from snorkeler to diver. We would love to be the ones to show you how it's done, so let us know when you are coming back!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed at the Osprey for a few days, and decided to book with Blue Water Divers (across the st) based on our hotel's recommendations. Booked a few weeks in advance-all my emails were answered promptly and signing up was very easy. We weren't able to do the Gibbs Cay trip with them as they weren't going out when we were there, but Vicky was so helpful and set us up with another company (GT diving-also great!). We did do the intro to Scuba diving. Freaked out a little during training and weren't sure if we could do the dive, but Pier encouraged us to go for it, and we are so glad we did. Once we got out to the clear water and did the dive we were fine. Scuba diving for the first time is one of the most amazing things you'll ever do. So book with these guys and try it! The whole staff was super friendly and cool. Thanks guys!

Chris Y, Blue Water Divers Team at Blue Water Divers, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We were glad to take you on your first dives, and hope we can take you out again sometime. Maybe next time as certified divers? We are also glad to hear you had a good time with Jake on Gibbs Cay.