“Weather didn't cooperate, but service was still great.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Water Divers offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Stevensville, Maryland
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Weather didn't cooperate, but service was still great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We booked this tour, as I had snorkeled with BWD on a previous visit to Grand Turk. Sadly, the weather was not on our side this time. It rained before we even got started, as we were waiting for the divers to get their gear & get settled in their boat. We all figured, no big deal, we're going to get wet anyway. Also, the dry box was wet before we got started...so it was a wet box, just like the wet boat wer were on, haha. We tried to outrun the on coming storms to no avail & the waters became rougher the farther we went. We did get to see a pod of dolphins on our way out, which was neat. We arrived at our first snorkel site & the sea was getting rougher by the minute, but we all got out to snorkel. We had a member of our group that had never snorkeled before, so this trip had been daunting from the start for her. Our guides did take the time to explain the equipment & make sure she felt safe snorkeling, even giving her the lifering tethered to the boat to hang onto so she felt safer. The waves were getting bigger & most of us, even in snorkel pose, were taking in snorkelfuls of water, yuck. There were plenty of corals & reef formations & fish to look at, but the weather was just not cooperating. We maybe spent 30 minutes at this site & everyone was back onboard. Some in the group had problems boarding the boat since the seas were getting rougher. We have our own boat & are not green, but I would suggest a better ladder or a handle to help leverage yourself into the boat. We travelled to our next site, The Wall, and it began raining again. Hard. Only 5 of us got out at The Wall & there really wasn't much to see since the storm had moved in & churned up the waters, visibility was nil. When it just goes from dark to darker, it doesn't have the neat factor. We only spent about 10 minutes here since the visibility was so poor. We were taken to the beach near our ship & dropped off there. It had really begun pouring at this point, so goodbyes were quick. Our guides really did the best they could with the weather situation, and tried to keep our spirits up the whole time. It just seemed forced & rushed to do the second site, knowing that the weather wasn't the best. I would choose BWD again when I'm in Grand Turk for snorkel trips and will hope for better weather.

Charlotte, NC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“2nd time even better than first”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my second time snorkeling with Blue Water. Everything was arranged thru e-mail, very efficient no problems. Cab ride from cruise terminal was quick and easy. Just tell them to take you to Blue Water Divers at Osprey Beach Hotel. We went to 2 sites. First one over reef, lots of fish. Second one in deep water. Make sure you after you swim over the ledge into the deep water that you just float and look down without looking up at all for about 2-3 minutes then all of the sudden your eyes adjust and all this colorful sealife from below comes into view. We were surrounded by about 20-25 barracuda, real cool. Good private trip with only 6 people total. Much better than cruise excursions which pack 50+. Will go again next time in GT.

Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful time for my first dives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I took a cruise with a friend and he mentioned Grand Turk was supposed to have good scuba diving, so I went and got my open water training in Seattle where I live so I'd be certified for the one day I had in Grand Turk. I googled scuba diving in Grand Turk and that's how I found these guys.

They were great. Ahead of time, they were super professional, responded to every email promptly, were ultra clear about what information they needed from us & what to expect. When we arrived in Grand Turk we took the taxi over to their offices where they were expecting us, had the gear ready, and took us over to the boat. it was just three of us from the cruise ship and our guide.

We did two dives along the wall. Both were excellent. There's so much life down there, the corals are amazing and we saw a bunch of fish. Saw one stingray and a cool little camouflaged sole, plus those weird little eels that stick up like grass and withdraw into the sand when you get near them.

The friend who dived with me has done a lot more diving over the last 15 years and said these were among his best & most memorable dives ever.

Prices seemed quite reasonable, especially given they took just three of us out for the day.

Thanks!

Bridge City, Texas, United States
“Saved our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our dive trip we had scheduled through the cruise line was cancelled at 9pm the morning before the dive. The main reason for our trip was for the dive excursions, this would have came close to ruining our trip. The Blue Water Divers was recommended at the dock and by the taxi driver. We showed up on their doorstep at 8am and they went above and beyond. A fantastic dive even it had been planned in advance. Huge thanks to Natt and everyone. Highly recommend going independent over the cruise line excursions. Lesson learned for me.

Tulsa
“Sensational Snorkel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My adult group of 4 had a cruise stop in Grand Turk, and we prearranged our first-time snorkel with Blue Water Divers after reading the excellent company reviews. Vicky and Audrey were so responsive and great to work with via email to book our trip. Chris and Trevor were our snorkel guides, and they were so much fun, and probably more important, so patient and professional in our training and keeping us safe. Our trip wound up being a private snorkel for just our group; not what we expected, but exactly what we hoped for. I must say all of our group has high expectations when it comes to customer service, and Blue Water Divers was outstanding and over-delivered! It's rare to have this kind of experience, and it is a must do if you are in Grand Turk. Thank you Blue Water Divers for an amazing trip!