“Great trip”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Water Divers offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“Great trip”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating of our last minute snorkeling trip booking. Made for a great trip to Grand Turks

Visited June 2013

Stevensville, Maryland
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Great snorkel tour”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My sister and I booked this tour during our cruise last year & visited in October 2012. Yes, this review is a little late, but the rating is the same. There was only us and another family of 4 on this tour and it was fantastic the whole way. We did get caught in a little rainstorm, but we waited it out on the boat, got back in & kept on snorkeling! This was definitely the way to go for a tour & not book through the ship because you don't have to worry about running into 50 other people trying to look at the same thing on the tour. One of the things I like most about Blue Water is that they don't bait the fish in to the area like other providers, therefore not upsetting the ecosystem. Seeing the dropoff/ledge/wall, whatever you want to call it is really neat too because at first you're just seeing white sand bottom, and then...nothing. Just the rays of sun hitting a school of fish or maybe a coral. I think we'd had stayed out longer, but the other family booked on the tour had had enough snorkel time and wanted to go to Margaritaville with the rest of the 2500 other ship passengers, so we headed back in to shore. My sister and I were looking at shells and sea glass on the beach & they were yelling for us to hurry up, the taxi had been called. I guess there, the taxi driver that dropped you off also comes to pick you up, kind of an unwritten rule. I have booked another tour in November of this year when my husband & I will be there because I enjoyed this tour so much. This time, we'll just stay at the beach a little longer.

Visited October 2012
Mitch R, Owner at Blue Water Divers, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience snorkeling with us here on Grand Turk. We also appreciate that you share our opinion that it is not good for the ecosystem to feed fish. I am sorry to hear that the other cruise ship passengers rushed you off the beach to get a taxi back to Margaritaville. If you had let us know that you wished to stay longer, we would have been glad to call you another cab when you were ready.... as you said, next time! Thanks again!
Mitch R
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Snorkeling”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have never been that involved with TripAdvisor before, and have never written a review, but my experience at Blue Water was such a good one that I'm bringing myself off the sidelines just for it.

My girlfriend and I recently took a cruise, with Grand Turk as our first port of call. We were looking to snorkel, and (courtesy of this site) didn't want to book one through our cruise provider. After browsing TA we liked what we saw with reviews for Blue Water Divers and decided to book. I e-mailed the shop and Audrey promptly replied to me and was very helpful getting me booked. The whole process took just a few minutes.

We arrived at the shop (situated next to several other of the dive shops) and the staff there were very helpful in getting us fitted for equipment. Our guide, Nathaniel, was extremely friendly and helpful. Our snorkel group consisted of just a family of 5, my girlfriend, and I. The snorkel sites are just minutes from the beach and shop, and Nathaniel brought us to ones that were not being occupied by other shops. The two sites (a shallow reef, and then the Grand Turk Ledge) were both beautiful. Nathaniel hopped right in with us and pointed out numerous sea creatures, etc. Other than that he left the experience up to us (what we wanted to see, how long we stayed, etc.). When we returned, we got the same great service.

I without a doubt will return to Blue Water for snorkeling or diving when I'm back on Grand Turk. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to have fun in the water.

Visited June 2013
Pensacola
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Snorkeling”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Grand Turk was one of our port stops on our week long cruise. Opting to stay away from large crowds with a cruise line excursion, my friend and I decided to book with Blue Water Divers for their snorkeling tour. Once we disembarked the ship, we caught a taxi to the Osprey Hotel, which is near Blue Water Divers. Mitch was outside waiting for us, and Audrey brought us our release forms to sign. Once cleared for snorkeling, we made our way across the street where we met our guide for the day, Nate. Our group was small. All in all, there were only 7 of us, and Nate took care of all of us! He gave us all of our gear. He then made sure we were all comfortable before we entered the water. The snorkeling was amazing, very clear water and lots of things to see!! The most amazing thing I saw was at the 7000 ft. drop off. You can actually see the rays of the sun going down into the water into the darkness! AMAZING! Once we were done with our snorkel, we walked back to the office, and Mitch called us a taxi to return to the ship. As for booking, they do require a deposit, but they will call you for your credit card information if you are not comfortable emailing it in multiple emails. All correspondents with Audrey and Mitch was timely and easy. If you are questioning whether or not to take this excursion, just do it!

Visited May 2013
Forster, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Another GREAT dive with Blue Water Divers !!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had the amazing good fortune to dive with Blue Water Divers again when on visit to Grand Turk whilst travelling on Carnival Breeze. Mitch and Audrey welcomed me back and were genuinely happy for repeat business - they deserve it !! Dove with DM Nate who was very thorough and profesional, whilst being human and helpful. Very friendly and open, pretty much what I have come to expect from Blue Water Divers & staff.
Had a couple of gorgeous dives in near-perfect conditions.
I very strongly advise that if you are considering diving Grand Turk, this is the company to use. Whether your first dives or hundredth, trust Blue Water Divers to make it memorable.
Well done guys !!!!