“Dive Grand Turk”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Water Divers offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Champaign, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dive Grand Turk”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Personal service on a dive trip is the best experience and Blue Waters deliver. They go every day even if you are the only diver! That is very much appreciated. Nat and Chris were my attentive divemasters and we all had fun. I dove for 8 days straight. The vertical walls are fabulous and the soft corals are spectacular. The wall is 100 yards off shore. Maximum time for the boat to reach the furthest dive site is 10 minutes. Most dive sites are in the lee of the island most of the year making for calm seas. This is a near perfect dive experience. Salt Key is worth a visit as is Gibbs Key.

Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent time and great team !!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Mitch, Audrey and Chris our guide, were great hosts and made our snorkeling trip memorable. They made us feel comfortable and welcomed right from the start. Small group of 8 people, spectacular diving sites and good guidance and supervision made this experience memorable. We would certainly redo the diving trip with Blue Water Divers at another occasion.
Audrey was very easy to communicate with for booking, and was even able to reschedule our reservation as our cruise ship got delayed by two days because of a medical emergency onboard, .Thanks for making our day !!

1 Thank Ron P
Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkel only trip - awesome time”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had an excellent time snorkeling at two different sites while in Grand Turk for a day off the Carnival Breeze. The high light of our week. Our guide from S. Africa was knowledgable and friendly. i loved watching him free dive at the wall. The first stop in shallow water was my favorite. wished we could have stayed there longer as the wall was just too deep for me to enjoy as i have trouble with ear pressure. I also wish i had worn a wetsuit as i think i would have stayed in the water longer if i had not gotten so cold. The reefs off Grand Turk are amazing. Better than any of the other islands we've ever snorkeled at before - including Cozumel and St. John's. Plan on staying on the beach for a while after your excurtion. it's a beautiful place and there is a restaurant that has a pool right there close to Blue Water's office. Wish we would have planned to have lunch and drinks there after our trip.
Wear a wet suit if you tend to get cold and have a great time with Blue Waters Divers.

1 Thank cruisinmomma
N. California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Laid back diving... the easy way”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

stayed at osprey and dove with blue water. life couldn't have been easier. They took care of all my gear, and gave me a place to wash my wetsuit and hang it to dry everyday.

in the morning i took the 30 second walk over to the shop, picked up my wetsuit and strolled for anohter 30 seconds over to the beach. walked onto the boat where all my gear was set up, and took a 5 min boat ride to the reef. all i had to do was breathe.

it was very nice.

Chris was out dive guide. Young kid that loves diving. wanted to make sure that we saw everything. took us to Jack's for lunch one day, and we ended up swimming with dolphins in the harbor! absolutely incredible...

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkel only trip - what a great day!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were only four people with the guide on this tour. It felt like a private tour and was so much better than booking a shore excursion through Carnival! The waters were rough when we visited and Blue Water Divers assured that we visited sites where the waves were less violent.

At our first stop the water was very clear and the reef was gorgeous. This was me and my partner's first time snorkelling and the guide's instructions were clear. He helped teach me how to equalize when diving. We saw a beautiful assortment of fish and the guide pointed out a string ray to us.

The second stop at the wall was also incredible. It was an impressive site to visit. Although the water was less clear, it was very worth snorkelling to observe the drop in the ocean shelf. The guide also spotted a sea turtle, which made our day just perfect!

My travel partner was not very comfortable swimming, and our guide made sure that she felt safe at all times. Bottled water was provided, and we never once felt rushed!