“We were disappointed”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Water Divers offers scuba diving lessons and tours to some of the most beautiful sites in the Caribbean, along the unsurpassed beauty of the Grand Turk Wall. PADI courses, snorkeling, and Gibbs Cay trips are also available. Conveniently located in town, their specialty is safe, relaxed diving and snorkeling in small groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We were disappointed”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Our guide Nat was friendly but we felt he didn't take us to the best place to snorkel. Our first site was very interesting and we did enjoy that spot. One of the reasons we went with Blue Water Divers was the reviews we read about not being with a large crowd and seeing a lot of tropical fish. At the first stop we were the only ones there, At the second spot he pulled into an area with there were already two large groups. We were bumping into people and only saw a few blue fish. We had heard that Grand Turk was the best place for snorkeling and were disappointed.

2 Thank Happy721060

Palm City, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“BWD: mitch and audrey- are there any easier people to dive with?”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

NO! all arrangements went off perfectly/no tricks/no gotchas/no surprises/ (audrey is a master at this)/all boats were on time/picked us up on the beach(at 9 a.m.) 75ft from our front door/ 7 minute boat ride to dive sites/2 great dives with good surface interval and back at the Sandbar restaurant with a beer at 12:45! (now that's vacation diving!)/oh yeah: awesome wall diving!the friendliest people ever!/the coolest island/we were there a week and feel like we've known them forever - great friends making sure that everything was perfect us! we couldn't be happier about our experience with BWD and highly recommend them to everyone! they haven't seen the last of us!

3 Thank yaml
White Marsh, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling trip”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Audrey was very nice and informative. The snorkeling at the first site was very good. The 2nd snorkeling site involved the 7000 feet drop off which was amazing to see,however, not a huge amount of fish in this area. Only two things I would change for this excursion 1) cold bottled water instead of warm water 2) have a boat or small shuttle service pick customers up closer to the cruise terminal. We ended up paying more $$ for this excursion than the one Carnival offered due to the taxi ride to and from the cruise terminal. It was very nice to snorkel with a smaller group of people. Mitch is very compassionate about ocean life and gave us some interesting facts.

4 Thank lisaansell
Atlanta
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Disappointed with snorkeling trip”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We chose to take the Blue Water snorkeling trip over the excursion on the ship, which was ultimately the wrong decision. The excursion on board the ship includes transportation to snorkeling, cold soft drinks or cold water for $54.95. Blue Water was $50 plus $5 taxi ride and included warm water to drink. Our guide gave little guidance or enthusiasm. Our cruise mates had a much better snorkeling experience with Carnival's excursion for the same amount of money. A very nice woman runs this operation but she needs to ice down water and train her staff better if she cares to compete with the excursion offered by cruise ship. She was sold out so perhaps she does not need to compete.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank GTechMom
merolling, Manager at Blue Water Divers, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. It is helpful to us when we receive specific suggestions for improvement from our customers. I apologize that your guide was not more enthusiastic and am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your trip. I wish you had made me aware of this when you returned from your snorkel. But if you would send me an e-mail with your boat captain’s name, or the date of your snorkel trip/what group you were in, this information would help me provide targeted coaching to the individual who was your boat captain that day. Our goal is not to compete with the ship excursions, but to provide a different experience by limiting our minimum/maximum number of snorkelers per boat to a much smaller minimum/maximum than the cruise ship excursions so that our customers may enjoy their time in the water on Grand Turk without a large crowd. I look forward to hearing from you again.
Lexington, KY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Made my vacation an exceptional experence!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

From my initial emails with Audrey at Blue Waters, I was put at ease. I went as fairly new diver needing a refresher. I was paired with one of their dive masters who immediately got me back on track, was extremely patient with me, and quickly got me back in the water. I found their whole staff to be incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and technically proficient. For me, being a Fire and Safety Engineering Technology college professor that is saying a lot about how impressed I am with them. I started out with 6 dives scheduled and had expanded to 10 plus a snorkel trip by the end of my vacation. I usually stay to my plan, but again Blue Water was impressing me more and more every day with dive site choices, a relaxed atmosphere, and great staff. Mitch and Audrey made me feel like I had been there many times before, and it was not just for the art of business. Their dive masters Dan, Nat, and Erik were absolutely superb. The wall off of Grand Turk IS INCREDIBLE, with an endless choice of sea life and reef watching available, and it earns its reputation as one of the best spots of the world. It is also equally obvious to me how Blue Water has earned a world class reputation as well. I would highly recommend them for diving on Grand Turk.

Visited May 2011