“Peaceful & So Relaxing”
Review of Manta House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cockburn Town
Manta House
Woodstock, Ontario
“Peaceful & So Relaxing”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was truly a wonderful place to vacation. So relaxing and peaceful. This vacation was a graduation gift for my daughter and we choose Grand Turk for its beauty and the wonderful reviews we read on Trip Advisor about Manta House. We stayed in the "North Bungalow" it was so comfortable and offered us everything we were looking for. The fully furnish kitchen was such an asset for us, we cooked a least one meal a day sometimes two. The North bungalow was air conditioned which we used during the day but at night we opened all the windows and had a wonderful breeze blow right through the cottage. We had 1 full bathroom and a 1/2 bath, was perfect for my daughter and I. The 2 bedrooms provided us each with our own space and privacy. Being able to walk out your front door and see the ocean was absolutely an amazing experience. We watched the sunset right from our own patio every night. The owners Katya and Tonya were very helpful and accommodating. I had requested a couple of items for the cottage and they provided them with no problems or extra cost. We met and enjoyed the company of several of the locals who worked and lived on the Island. I would recommend Manta House to anyone who is looking for a quiet, relaxing, restful vacation. I will definitely be returning myself.

Room Tip: For a family, 2 couples, or a couple of friends travelling together, the North Bungalow is definitel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eddine G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Concord, Mass.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned to the States after a fabulous week at Manta House. This was the MOST relaxing vacation I have ever had. The pace of life here is slow, so it was easy to unwind and just relax and enjoy the beauty of the island and its people. Tonya and Katya were the best of hostesses, giving us lots of useful information and helping out when we had a question. They made us feel like part of their extended family. We stayed in the Jungle Bungalow. It was quite spacious and the African decor was perfect for this space. The room was very clean, and Mary came every day to tidy up for us. The Sandbar restaurant was very good and we ate many of our meals there. We had dinner at The Salt Raker Inn which was very good, and went up to The Bohio Dive Resort for their night of Sax on the beach. The sax player was great, the menu limited but good. We rented a car through Nathan and am so happy we did as we were able to drive up to the light House and down to the cruise center. We went to Pilllory Beach which was beautiful, and to Governor's Beach where we swam in the huge swells and found lots of sea glass. The cruise ship terminal is actually quite nice and only open when a ship is in. It was quite an experience watching the people disembark from the ships. We spent a day on Salt Cay, going over with Dan and TIm of Crystal Seas Adventures. It was a fabulous experience and we rented a golf cart and Tim drove us all over the island and gave us a narrated tour as we drove around. It really is like going back in time to the way life used to be. We visited THe National Museum and the exhibits there were excellent, well worth going to.
I rented a bike from Grand Turk Divers and loved waking up every morning and taking a ride down Duke Street along the narrow street and looking out at the spectacular turquoise hues of the ocean. This is the ideal spot if you are looking for a very relaxing, no frills vacation, with the beauty of the ocean and sound of the crashing waves right out your front door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cuttyhunk
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just spent a week... March 24 to 31st 2013 on Grand Turk. I went scuba diving, whale watching (got to swim with a mother humpback and calf), fishing and of course relaxing. Having the Sandbar Restaurant, also managed by Tonya and Katya, just steps way on the beach was wonderful. Food was fantastic. The Jungle Bungalow was spacious and lived up to it's name with decor to match. Rent a bike for a couple of days and you can visit all the historical spots, shopping and other restaurants. Patsy's Taxi was arranged for both pick up at the airport and return. This was a vacation with no worries or surprises. Sunsets were spectacular as the B&B faces West. I'll be back for sure!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wrmwtrdr
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Manta House in February 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Katya and Tonya run a very comfortable inn and their restaurant, The Sandbar, offers some of the best food on the island. They arranged for Patsy to pick us up at the airport and we felt welcomed right from the start. Katya took me shopping and helped me find my way around town. My husband walked the short distance to Oasis Divers and spent his mornings underwater along the reef. I strolled around town and relaxed on our patio at Manta House. We enjoyed our stay immensely and, in no time, felt like we were locals. If you're looking for a cozy spot near all the best that Grand Turk has to offer, this is a great choice - not fancy, but homey and charming. Sunsets from The Sandbar are gorgeous and different every night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Barbara P P
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Loved manta house and Grand Turk. Stayed there for a week in feb. The owners, Tonya and Katya are absolutely wonderful. The room was great - we stayed in the jungle themed room. No complaints whatsoever. Close to restaurants and the beach is right across the street, along with their restaurant/beach bar which had great food as well. Also close to dive shops-which was the focus for our trip. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene S
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We intend to make diving Grand Turk with the Manta House as home base a regular event. Couldn't have asked for anything more. We shared the middle bungalow with 2 other couples and had plenty of space to cook and relax. Shoes were optional - 50 steps from the beach front and Sandbar, where we enjoyed the sunsets each evening. Two of our group snorkeled from the beach our first afternoon there and found a nurse shark. Tanya and Katya were so accommodating without being intrusive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WasatchMojo
South Salem, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I never write these kind of things.. However, after my amazing trip I felt I had to. I stayed at Manta House for two weeks this January 2013. Along with my sisters and niece. I live in NY my sister England, My other sister California. From the moment we landed Patsy [the local friendly taxi driver] took us to Manta House. We were greeted by two amazing sisters Tanya and Katya who made us feel like part of their family from day one.
Their bungalows are gorgeous. Clean, updated and comfortable. We spent most of our evenings on our deck playing cards, drinking rum punches listening to the ocean. OR... at the Sandbar.
The girls took us grocery shopping when ever we needed. ANd just went that extra mile to make my 50th birthday so special. We are already booking for next year!!!
The people, the place and the ocean draws you in. We didn't want to leave.
5 stars from me.

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Cockburn Town
Salt Raker Inn
Salt Raker Inn
#4 of 4 in Cockburn Town

Been to Manta House? Share your experiences!